Perampanel is chemically a-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazole-propionic acid receptor antagonist. Perampanel is used for the treatment of seizures which involve one part of brain both in adults as well as in children who are above four years. In the present study a new stability indicating reverse phase ultrafast liquid chromatographic method has been proposed for the quantification of Perampanel in presence of an internal standard, Rufinamide using water: acetonitrile as mobile phase. Linearity was observed over the concentration range 0.05-50 µg/mL with linear regression equation y = 1.3839x - 0.0302 (r2 = 0.9999). The LOD and LOQ were found to be 0.01451 µg/mL and 0.0437 µg/mL. Perampanel was exposed to different stress conditions such as acidic hydrolysis, alkaline hydrolysis, oxidation and thermal treatment and the proposed method was validated.
Cite this article:
N S Yamani, Mukthinuthalapati Mathrusri Annapurna. Development and validation of a new stability indicating RP-UFLC method for the estimation of Perampanel in presence of internal standard. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(1):279-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00045
N S Yamani, Mukthinuthalapati Mathrusri Annapurna. Development and validation of a new stability indicating RP-UFLC method for the estimation of Perampanel in presence of internal standard. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(1):279-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2022.00045 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-1-45
1. Greenwood J, Valdes J. Perampanel (Fycompa) a review of clinical efficacy and safety in epilepsy. P. T. 2016; 41: 683-698.
2. Franco V, Crema F, Iudice A, et al. Novel treatment options for epilepsy: Focus on Perampanel. Pharmacol Res. 2013; 70: 35-40.
3. Patsalos PN. The clinical pharmacology profile of the new antiepileptic drug Perampanel: a novel noncompetitive AMPA receptor antagonist. Epilepsia. 2015; 56:12-27.
4. Ugo de Grazia, Annachiara D'Urso, Federica Ranzato, Valentina De Riva, Giorgia Contarato, Giuseppe Billo, Francesco Perini, Elisabetta Galloni. A liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry assay for determination of Perampanel and concomitant antiepileptic drugs in the plasma of patients with epilepsy compared with a fluorescent HPLC assay. Therapeutic Drug Monitoring. 2018; 40(4): 477-485.
5. Mano Y, Takenaka O and Kusano K. High-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method for the determination of Perampanel, a novel α- amino-3- hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid receptor antagonist in human plasma. J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal. 2015; 107: 56-62.
6. Mano Y. An inter-laboratory cross-validation study for determination of Perampanel in human plasma by liquid chromatography assays. Biomedical Chromatography. 2016; 30(12): 2067-2069.
7. Franco, Valentina; Marchiselli, Roberto; Fattore, Cinzia; Tartara, Elena; De Sarro, Giovambattista; Russo, Emilio; Perucca, Emilio. Development and validation of an HPLC-UV assay for the therapeutic monitoring of the new antiepileptic drug Perampanel in human plasma. Therapeutic. Drug Monitoring. 2016; 38(6): 744-750.
8. Susan Mohamed, Carmina Candela, Roberto Riva and Manuela Contin. Simple and rapid validated HPLC-fluorescence determination of Perampanel in the plasma of patients with epilepsy. Practical Laboratory Medicine. 2018; 10: 15-20.
9. Mano Y, Takenaka O, Kusano K. HPLC with fluorescence detection assay of Perampanel, a novel AMPA receptor antagonist, in human plasma for clinical pharmacokinetic studies. Biomedical Chromatography. 2015; 29(10): 1589-1593.
10. Mathrusri Annapurna M, Rajani K, Srinivas M. New stability indicating RP-Ultra fast liquid chromatographic method for the determination of Perampanel–An Antiepileptic drug. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2019; 12(6): 2657 -2663.
11. ICH Stability Testing of New Drug Substances and Products Q1A (R2), International Conference on Harmonization, 2003.
12. ICH Validation of analytical procedures: Text and methodology Q2 (R1), International Conference on Harmonization, 2005.