Amel S. Mahdi, Barakat A. F. Kamel, Athraa S. Ahmed, Kafi M. Dawood
Amel S. Mahdi, Barakat A. F. Kamel*, Athraa S. Ahmed, Kafi M. Dawood
Department of Chemistry, College of Science, Al-Mustansiriyah University, Iraq.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 9,
Year - 2021
In this work the photo degradation of glibinclamide is studied by UV light and different concentrations using solvents (water and ethanol) and different times. The reaction kinetic is studied and found that the photo degradation reaction of glibinclamide is (first-order) reaction and the thermodynamic properties (?Ho, ?So and ?Go) for glibinclamide were calculated and it was found to be (endothermic and spontaneous reaction).
Cite this article:
Amel S. Mahdi, Barakat A. F. Kamel, Athraa S. Ahmed, Kafi M. Dawood. Kinetic, Thermodynamic Studies for Photo Degradation of Glibinclamide Drug. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(9):4987-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00868
Amel S. Mahdi, Barakat A. F. Kamel, Athraa S. Ahmed, Kafi M. Dawood. Kinetic, Thermodynamic Studies for Photo Degradation of Glibinclamide Drug. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(9):4987-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00868 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-9-82
1. Erejuwa OO., Sulaiman SA., Wahab MS., Sirajudeen KNS., Salleh MS. and Gurtu S. Effect of Glibenclamide alone versus Glibenclamide and Honey on Oxidative Stress in Pancreas of Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rats., IJARNP-HS Publications., 2011; 4(1): 1-10
2. Erejuwa OO., Sulaiman SA., Wahab MS., Sirajudeen KNS., Salzihan Md., Salleh Md and Gurtu S., Antioxidant Protective Effect of Glibenclamide and Metformin in Combination with Honey in Pancreas of Streptozotocin- Induced Diabetic Rats., Int. J. Mol. Sci., 2010; 11: 2056-2066.
3. Gensheng Z., Xiuhui L., Shufang Z., Huiqing X., Chuli P. and Wei C., A Protective Role of Glibenclamide in Inflammation- Associated Injury., Mediators of Inflammation., 2017; 2017: 11.
4. Kumar BV., Chandiran IS. and Jayaveera KN., Formulation development and evaluation of Glibenclamide loaded Eudragit RLPO microparticles., International Current Pharmaceutical Journal., 2013; 2(12): 196-201.
5. Kewcharoenwong C., Rinchai D., Utispan K., Suwannasaen D., Bancroft GJ., Ato M. and Lertmemongkolchai G., Glibenclamide reduces pro-inflammatory cytokine production by neutrophils of diabetes patients in response to bacterial infection., Sci. Rep., 2013; 2013(3): 3363.
6. Gupta A., Iqbal J., Ahmad W. and Zaheer MR., Photoinduced electron transfer photodegradation of photosensitive diuretic drug-xipamide Anamika., Journal of Taibah University for Science., 2013; 8(2014): 64-70.
7. Vinod, Budhwaar V. and Nanda A., Photochemical Fate of Pharmaceuticals: An Updated Review, IJPRBS., 2015; 4(2): 54-70.
8. Hardesty JH. and Attili B., Spectrophotometry and the Beer-Lambert Law: An Important Analytical Technique in Chemistry Collin College, 2010; 3: 1-6
9. Ramzi R. Ali, Yousif K. Abdul-Ameer and Barakat A. F. Kamel., Experimental and Theoretical Study for The Photo degradation of Chlorpyrifos and Cypermethrin Insecticides on γ-Alumina Surface., Al-Mustansiriyah J. Sci., 2011; 22(6): 25-38.
10. Stepanov I. A., The Heats of Chemical Reactions: the Van’t-Hoff Equation and Calorimetry. Z. Phys. Chem., 2005; 219(2005): 1089-1097.