A.C. Bhosale, V.C. Bhagat, V. V Kunjir, D.P. Kardile, R.V. Shete
A.C. Bhosale*, V.C. Bhagat, V. V Kunjir, D.P. Kardile, R.V. Shete
Department of Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance, Rajgad Dnyanpeeth’s College of Pharmacy, Bhor, Pune, Maharashtra, India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 8,
Year - 2021
Purpose: Analytical method development and validation for the quantitative determination of Prucalopride succinate in bulk and tablet formulation which plays major role in the development and manufacture of pharmaceuticals. Methods: In the present work a simple, rapid and reproducible UV-Visible Spectrophotometric method was developed and validated according to ICH guidelines. Results and Conclusions: The parameters linearity, specificity, precision, accuracy, and robustness were studied. The wavelength 243nm was selected for the estimation of drug using methanol as a solvent. The drug obeys Beer-lambert’s law over the concentration range 2-10µg/ml. The accuracy of the method was assessed by recovery studies and was found between 97.2- 98.3 %. The method was successfully applied for routine analysis of Prucalopride succinate in bulk and formulation.
Cite this article:
A.C. Bhosale, V.C. Bhagat, V. V Kunjir, D.P. Kardile, R.V. Shete. Analytical Method Development and Validation of Prucalopride Succinate in Bulk and Formulation by UV-Visible Spectrophotometry. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(8):4189-1. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00725
A.C. Bhosale, V.C. Bhagat, V. V Kunjir, D.P. Kardile, R.V. Shete. Analytical Method Development and Validation of Prucalopride Succinate in Bulk and Formulation by UV-Visible Spectrophotometry. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(8):4189-1. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00725 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-8-31
1. http:// www.drugbank.ca › salts › DBSALT002626
2. http://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › compound › Prucalopride-succinate
3. Mahamuni BS, Jajula A, Awasthi A, Kalariya P.D, Talluri MV. Selective separation and characterization of stress degradation products and process impurities of Prucalopride succinate by LC-QTOF MS/MS. J Pharm. Biomed. Anal. 2016; 125; 219-228.
4. Preetham DN, Sujana k, Sankar PD, Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric Method for the Estimation of Lisinopril in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Formulation. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research. 2014; 25(1); 257-259.
5. Sawant DK, Ige PP. Development and Validation of Simple UV-Spectrophotometric Method for Estimation Diclofenac Sodium in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Form. Inventi Rapid: Pharm Analysis & Quality Assurance. 2016; (4): 1-4.
6. Sharma K, Agrawal SS, Gupta M, Development and validation of UV Spectrophotometric method for the estimation of curcumin in bulk drug and pharmaceutical dosage forms. International Journal of Drug Development and Research. 2012; 4 (2): 375-380.
7. Elvis AM, Deepali MG, Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric Method for determination of Bisacodyl in Suppositories. International Journal of Pharm. Tech Research. 2011 ;3(1): 193-196.
8. Sethuraman S, Radhakrishnan K, Soloman T.A, Analytical Method Development and Validation of Caffeine in Tablet Dosage Form by Using UV- Spectroscopy. International Journal of Novel Trends in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2013; 3 (4): 82-86.
9. PART 2. Validation of Analytical Procedure: Methodology Q2B, ICH Harmonized Tripartite Guidelines. 1996; 6-12.