S. Marakatham, P. Shanmugapandiyan
S. Marakatham1*, Dr. P. Shanmugapandiyan2
1Research Scholar, Department of Pharmacy, Prist University Deemed to be University, Thanjavur, Tamilnadu.
2Research Supervisor, Department of Pharmacy, Prist University Deemed to be University, Thanjavur, Tamilnadu.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 8,
Year - 2021
A novel, simple and sensitive bioanalytical method was developed for estimation of Doravirine, Lamavudine and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate in human plasma with daclatasvir as internal standard. The method was developed using alliance HPLC using Phenomenex C18 (150mm x 4.6mm, 5m) column with mobile phase of 0.01N Potassium dihydrogen phosphate pH (3.5): Acetonitrile (60:40) at flow rate of 1.0ml/min. Detection wavelength was found to be 277nm. The linearity range for doravirine, lamuvidine and Tenfovir was 50-2000ng/ml, 125-5000ng/ml and 20-800ng/ml. Correlation coefficient was 0.999. The method was validated and stability study was carried out as per FDA guidelines.
Cite this article:
S. Marakatham, P. Shanmugapandiyan. Bioanalytical Method Development and Validation of Doravirine, Lamavudine and Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate using HPLC in Human Plasma. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(8):4087-1. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00708
S. Marakatham, P. Shanmugapandiyan. Bioanalytical Method Development and Validation of Doravirine, Lamavudine and Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate using HPLC in Human Plasma. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(8):4087-1. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00708 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-8-14
6. Anil Dubbaka, Sireesha D, Vasudha Bakshi. Analytical method development and validation for the simultaneous estimation of lamivudine and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate by RP-HPLC method. MOJ Proteomics Bioinform. 2016; 4(5): 306‒309.
7. Madhusudhana reddy Induri1, Bhagavan Raju Mantripragada, Rajendra Prasad Yejella. Development and validation of UPLC method for simultaneous estimation of Efavirenz and Lamivudine in pharmaceutical formulations. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science. 2016; 6 (03): 029-033.
8. G. Bhargavi, Karnaker Reddy. T, Mohammad Younus, Ravindra Reddy. Y. Method development and validation of Lamivudine, Tenofovir and Efavirenz in a combined dosage form by RP-HPLC. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 2012; 5(12): 711-714.
9. Zaheer Ahmed, Sathish Kumar Shetty, Gopinath, Manzoor Ahmed and B. K. Sridhar. Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for the determination of tenofovir disoproxil in bulk and in pharmaceutical formulation. Int. J. Chem. Sci. 2009; 7(4): 2447-2458.
10. Anjaneyulu. N, Nagakishore. R, Nagaganesh. M, Muralikrishna. K, Nithya. A, Sai lathadevi. B, Saikiran Goud. M, Sridevi. N. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for the Simultaneous Estimation of Lamivudine and Tenofovir Disproxil Fumerate in Combined Dosage Form. Asian Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2013; 3(23): 7-11.
11. MD Abdul Sattar, Suneetha Achanta. Analytical Method Development and Validation for the Determination of Emtricitabine and Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate Using Reverse Phase HPLC Method in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Form. J. Pharm. Sci. and Res. 2018; 10(5): 2 1207-1212.
12. Rajesh Desai, Brad Roadcap, Dina Goykhman, Eric Woolf. Determination of doravirine in human plasma using liquid–liquid extraction and HPLC–MS/MS. Bioanalysis. 2019; 11(16): 20-34.
13. Akhilesh Vikram Singh Lila K. Nath Nihar R. Pani. Development and validation of analytical method for the estimation of lamivudine in rabbit plasma. Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2011; 1(4): 251–257.
14. P. B. Kandagal, D. H. Manjunatha, J. Seetharamappa, S. S. Kalanur. RP HPLC Method for the Determination of Tenofovir in Pharmaceutical Formulations and Spiked Human Plasma. Analytical Letters. 2008; 41: 561–570.
15. Uttam Singh Baghel, Himani Sharma, Anamika Chouhan, Abhay Sharma, Mohammad Mukim, Deeksha Singh. Gradient RP-HPLC Method development for simultaneous estimation of Dextromethorphan hydrobromide, Phenylephrine hydrochloride, and Triprolidine hydrochloride in Liquid Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2020;2(13): 583-588.
16. Atish Z. Dhadve, Anupama R. Dashetwar, Dipak P. Kardile, Rajkumar V. Shete. Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Determination of Atorvastain and Nicotinic acid from Tablet Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2020; 13(2): 604-608.
17. H.I. Pawar, Lata Kothapalli, Asha Thomas, R.K Nanda and Shivaji Mare. Simultaneous RP-HPLC Method for Estimation of Ezetimibe and Fenofibrate in Synthetic mixture. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2008; 1(1): 25-28.
18. R Siva Kumar, MR Santhanakrishnan, P Kumar Nallasivan, R Venkatanarayana. Simultaneous RP-HPLC Method for Estimation of Ezetimibe and Simvastatin in Bulk and Dosage Forms. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2008; 1(3): 211-214.
19. Sohan S. Chitlange, Mohammed Imran, Kiran Bagri, DM Sakarkar. A stability-indicating reverse phase high performance liquid chromatography method for the simultaneous determination of ramipril and valsartan in pharmaceutical dosage form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2008; 1(3): 215-217.
20. N Appala Raju, Shabana Begum. Simultaneous RP-HPLC Method for the Estimation of the Emtricitabine, Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumerate and Efavirenz in Tablet Dosage Forms. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2008; 1(4): 522-525.
21. Krishna Veni Nagappan, Meyyanathan SN, Rajinikanth B Raja, Suresh Reddy, Jeyaprakash MR, Arunadevi S Birajdar, Suresh Bhojraj. A RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Ambroxol Hydrochloride and Loratidine in Pharmaceutical Formulation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2008; 1(4): 366-369.
22. Akhilesh Gupta, Swati Rawat, Mayuri Gandhi, Jaydeep Singh Yadav. Method Development and Acid Degradation Study of Doxofylline by RP-HPLC and LC-MS/MS. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2011; 1(1): 10-13.