A. R. Chabukswar, P.V. Adsule, P.B. Randhave, Manini Mantri
A. R. Chabukswar1, P.V. Adsule2*, P.B. Randhave2, Manini Mantri2
1School of Pharmacy, Dr. Vishwanath Karad MIT World Peace University, Pune-411038.
2Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, MAEERS Maharashtra Institute of Pharmacy, Kothrud, Pune-411038.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 7,
Year - 2021
We have designed and synthesized (Z)-2-(5-methyl-2-oxo-2H-chromen-7-yl) oxy)-N’-(2-oxoindolin-3-ylidin) acetohydrazide derivatives by reacting 7-hydroxy-4-methyl-coumarin and substituted isatin to afford 12 substituted coumarin acetohydrazide derivatives. The synthesized compounds of coumarin acetohydrazide derivatives were designed and evaluated to study for their possible interactions as DNA gyrase inhibitors. All the synthesized coumarin acetohydrazide compounds have been characterized by spectral analysis IR, 1H NMR and mass spectroscopy. The compounds have been evaluated for In vitro antibacterial and antifungal activity against S. aureus, B. subtilus, E. coli, P. aeruginosa and fungi C. albicans and A. niger. In case of Gram positive bacteria and Gram negative bacteria Compound P5C, M5C, C5C exhibited significant activity. Compounds P5N, M5N, C5N shown moderate activity. Compound P5C, M5C, C5C shown significant Antifungal activity against C. albicans and A. niger. Compounds P5C, M5C, C5C are found to exert significant antibacterial as well as antifungal activity and can serve as potential compound against infectious diseases in future.
Cite this article:
A. R. Chabukswar, P.V. Adsule, P.B. Randhave, Manini Mantri. Design, Synthesis and Antibacterial, Antifungal Activity of Some Coumarin Acetohydrazide Derivatives. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(7):3931-7. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00683
A. R. Chabukswar, P.V. Adsule, P.B. Randhave, Manini Mantri. Design, Synthesis and Antibacterial, Antifungal Activity of Some Coumarin Acetohydrazide Derivatives. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(7):3931-7. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00683 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-7-80
1. Mohit Gupta et al. Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some novel derivatives of 7-hydroxy-4-methyl coumarin. MIT International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2015; 1(1): 19-26.
2. Elzbieta H. et al. Design, synthesis, and biological activity of Schif bases bearing salicyl and 7‑hydroxycoumarinyl moieties. Chemical Monthly. 2019; 150: 255-266.
3. Dana M. Hussein et al. Synthesis, Characterization and Antibacterial Evaluation With Computational Study of New Schiff Bases Derived from 7-Hydroxy-4-Methyl Coumarin. Oriental Journal of Chemistry. 2017; 33(2): 768-782.
4. Zuzana Rehakova et al. Evaluation of the antioxidant activity of several naturally occurring coumarin and their synthesized analogues by ‘‘ferric reducing antioxidant power’’ Assay. Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry. 2014; 29(1): 49-54
5. Razi Ahmad et al. Evaluation of antipyretic and antinociceptive Potential of new heterocyclic derivatives of 3-Formyl-4-hydroxycoumarin in rats. International Research Journal of Pharmaceutical and Applied Sciences. 2013; 3(5): 253-259
6. Shubhangi S. Soman et al. Synthesis and anticancer activity of some new 2-[(4-methy-2-oxo-2H- chromen-7-yl)-oxy] acetamide derivatives. Der Pharma Chemica. 2016; 8(1): 397-403.
7. Ramin Miri et al. Structure-activity relationship studies of 4-methylcoumarin derivatives as anticancer agents. Pharmaceutical Biology. 2016; 54(1): 105-110.
8. Gami Bansuri et al. Bioactivity of 7-Hydroxy 4-Methyl Coumarin. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences. 2019; 8(4): 2737-2741
9. Z. M. Nofal et al. Novel Coumarin Derivatives with Expected Biological Activity, Molecules, 2000; 5: 99-113.
10. Gaurav Kayal et al. Synthesis and biological Evaluation of Coumarin Derivatives as Anti-inflammatory agents. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 2016; 7(6): 2394-01.
11. Radwan El-Haggar et al. Anti-Inflammatory Screening and Molecular Modeling of Some Novel Coumarin Derivatives, Molecules, 2015; 20(4): 5374–5391.
12. M. Faiz Arshad et al. Anticonvalescent and neurotoxicity evaluation of some newly synthesized thiazolyl coumarin derivatives. American Journal of Pharmacology and Toxicology. 2014; 9(2): 132-138.
13. Savita Patil et al. Synthesis And spectral Analysis of 7-hydroxy-4-methyl coumarin7-Hydroxy-4Styryl-2H-chromen-2-one. IOSR Journal of Applied Chemistry (IOSR-JAC). 2019; 12(7): 80-83.
14. Jyotsna S. Meshram et al. Synthesis, characterization and antibacterial activity of some new 3-(aryl)-1-(4-(quinolin-8-ylamino) phenyl) prop-2-en-1-one. Der Pharma Chemica. 2010; 2(3): 294-300.
15. Indu Singh et. al. Synthesis of new coumarin derivatives as antibacterial agents. International Journal of Chem Tech Research. 2010; 2(3): 1745-1752