C. Nagamani, D. Sherisha, K. Sumalatha, M. Sowjanya
C. Nagamani1*, D. Sherisha1, K. Sumalatha1, M. Sowjanya2
1Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Bhaskar Pharmacy College, Telangana, India.
2Department of Chemistry, Vijaya Teja Degree College, Addanki, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 7,
Year - 2021
A set of d-amino ?-butenolides (1-5) were synthesised by a novel method using molecular iodine as a catalyst by mannich reaction. The purity and progress of the reaction was assessed by thin layer chromatography and the compounds characterisation was done by IR, proton NMR and mass spectroscopic techniques. Molecular modeling studies for the compounds such as docking was performed for the synthesized butenolides to understand the drug receptor interactions and analyze structural changes when bound to the active site of the receptor. the results showed that the compounds 2 and 3 showed significant interaction with target enzymes.
Cite this article:
C. Nagamani, D. Sherisha, K. Sumalatha, M. Sowjanya. Iodine -A Versatile reagent for Vinylogous Mannich Reaction for the Synthesis of δ-Amino γ-Butenolides and Insilico Evaluation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(7):3921-6. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00681
C. Nagamani, D. Sherisha, K. Sumalatha, M. Sowjanya. Iodine -A Versatile reagent for Vinylogous Mannich Reaction for the Synthesis of δ-Amino γ-Butenolides and Insilico Evaluation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(7):3921-6. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00681 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-7-78
1. Alonso D, Font J, Ortuño RM, d' Angelo J, Guingant A, Bois C. Diels-Alder reactions of protoanemonin with heterosubstituted dienes. Synthesis of polyfunctional oxaspiro [4.5] decanes. Tetrahedron. 1991 Jul 22; 47(30): 5895-900
2. Rao YS. Chemistry of butenolides. Chemical Reviews. 1964 Aug 1; 64(4): 353-88.
3. Tamma N, Gherraf N. Synthesis of some butenolides and study of their antibacterial activity. International Letters of Chemistry, Physics and Astronomy. 2013; 9: 61-7.
4. CA Barbosa L, R Teixeira R, W Amarante G. Synthetic strategies for the preparation of butenolides and their transformation into other derivatives. Current Organic Synthesis. 2015 Dec 1; 12(6): 746-71.
5. Yadav JS, Reddy BS, Narasimhulu G, Reddy NS, Reddy PJ. Iodine-catalyzed 1, 4-addition of 2-(trimethylsilyloxy) furan to α, β-unsaturated ketones: a facile synthesis of γ-butenolides. Tetrahedron Letters. 2009 Jul 8; 50(27): 3760-2.
6. Knight DW. Synthetic approaches to butenolides. Contemporary Organic Synthesis. 1994; 1(4): 287-315.
7. Maqsood M, Karim Y, Fatima E, Marriam S, Afzal R. Computer Aided Drug Designing (CADD): Tools used for Structure based Drug Designing. Biomedical Letters 2020; 6(2): 149-163.
8. Dassault Systèmes BIOVIA, Discovery Studio Modeling Environment, Release 2017, San Diego: Dassault Systèmes, 2016
9. Laskowski RA, MacArthur MW, Thornton JM. Procheck: validation of protein-structure coordinates.
10. Kato-Schwartz, C.G., Corrêa, R.C.G., de Souza Lima, D., de Sá-Nakanishi, A.B., de Almeida Gonçalves, G., Seixas, F.A.V., Haminiuk, C.W., Barros, L., Ferreira, I.C., Bracht, A. and Peralta, R.M., 2020. Potential anti-diabetic properties of Merlot grape pomace extract: An in vitro, in silico and in vivo study of α-amylase and α-glucosidase inhibition. Food Research International, p.109462.
11. Cheng A, Diller DJ, Dixon SL, Egan WJ, Lauri G, Merz Jr KM. Computation of the physio‐chemical properties and data mining of large molecular collections. Journal of Computational Chemistry. 2002 Jan 15; 23(1): 172-83.