VA Kurkin, AS Tsibina
VA Kurkin*, AS Tsibina
Department of Pharmacognosy, Botany and Phytotherapy, Samara State Medical University, Ulitsa Chapaevskaya 89, Samara, 443099, Russian Federation.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 7,
Year - 2021
In the present paper are discussed the results of the study on the development of the new approaches to the standardization of the Monarda fistulosa L. herbs. From the herb of the Monarda fistulosa L. there were isolated for the first time isorhoifolin (apigenin-7-O-rutinoside) and linarin (acacetin-7-O-rutinoside) chemical structures of which there were elucidated by means of 1H-NMR-, 13C-NMR-, UV-spectroscopy, mass spectrometry and results of chemical transformations. It was determined, that the isolated flavonoids cause the spectral characteristics in the UV spectra of the water-ethanolic extracts from the Monarda fistulosa L. herbs. It was substantiated the expediency of the estimation of the total flavonoids in the herbs of Monarda fistulosa L. calculated on isorhoifolin. As results there was development the method of the quantitative determination of the total flavonoids in the herbs of Monarda fistulosa L. by the using of the differential spectrophotometry at an analytical wavelength of 394 nm. It was determined that the content of the total of flavonoids in the raw materials of the studied plant varies from 4.23±0.08% to 7.68±0.12%.
Cite this article:
VA Kurkin, AS Tsibina. The Development of the New Approaches to the Standardization of the Monarda fistulosa L. Herbs. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(7):3916-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00680
VA Kurkin, AS Tsibina. The Development of the New Approaches to the Standardization of the Monarda fistulosa L. Herbs. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(7):3916-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00680 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-7-77
1. Kurkin VA Farmakognoziya: uchebnik dlya studentov farmatsevticheskikh vuzov (fakul'tetov) [Pharmacognosy: a textbook for students of pharmaceutical universities (faculties)]. Samara: Ofort Publ.; 2019; pp. 1278.
2. Wild bergamot (Monarda fistulosa L.). United States Department of Agriculture Natural Resourced Conswevation Service. URL: https://plants.usda.gov/plantguide/pdf/cs_mofi.pdf – 17.08.2020.
3. Naumenko EN, Zhilyakova ET, Novikov OO et al. Research of anti-inflammatory activity of medicine "Monavitol" in vivo. Scientific statements of Belgorod State University. Series: Medicine. Pharmacy. 2012; 22-1(141): 195-198.
4. Oparin RV, Pokrovsky LM, Vysochina GI, Tkachev AV. The study of the chemical composition of essential oils Monarda fistulosa L. and Monarda didyma L., cultivated in Western Siberia Chemistry of Plant Raw Materials. 2000; 3: 19-24.
5. Krasyuk EV, Makarova NN, Petrova IV, Pupykina KA, Valeeva LA. Pharmacological activity of monarda types, introduced in the Republic of Bashkortostan. Medical Bulletin of Bashkortostan. 2015; 10(5): 67-70.
6. Fedotov SV. Monarda essential oils of Monarda fistulosa L., Monarda didyma L., Monarda citriodora Cervantes ex Lag., their chemotypes and biological activity. Collection of scientific papers of the State Nikitsky Botanical Garden. 2015; 141: 131-147.
7. Nikolaevsky VV. Aromatherapy: A Guide. M.: Medicine Publ.; 2000; pp. 336 p.
8. Nikitina AS, Aliev AM, Feskov SA, Nikitina NV. Component composition of essential oil Monarda fistulosa L. herbs from the collection of Nikitsky Botanical Garden Chemistry of Plant Raw Materials. 2018; 2: 55-62.
9. Pang J, Shen N, Yan F, Zhao N, Dou L, Wu LC., Seiler CL, Yu L, Yang K, Bachanova V, Weaver E, Tretyakova NY, Liu S. Thymoquinone exerts potent growth-suppressive activity on leukemia through DNA hypermethylation reversal in leukemia cells. Oncotarget. 2017; 8(21): 34453-34467.
10. Zhilyakova ET, Novikov OO, Naumenko EN et al. Antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory activity of new formulation with monarda oil. Scientific reports of Belgorod State University. Series: Medicine. Pharmacy. 2013; 25-1(168): 198-201.
11. Dmitrienko SG, Stepanova AV, Kudrinskaya VA. Apyari VV. Specifics of separation of flavonoids by reverse phase high performance liquid chromatography on the Luna 5u C18(2) column. Moscow University Chemistry Bulletin. 2012; 53(6): 369-373.
12. Krasyuk EV, Pupykina KA. Qualitative analysis and development of methods of quantification of flavonoids in Monarda species introduced in the Republic of Bashkortostan. Medical Bulletin of Bashkortostan. 2016; 11(5): 73-77.
13. Lapina AS, Kurkin VA. The development of approaches to standardization of the Monarda fistulosa herbs. Pharmacy. 2019; 68(4): 11-16.