This research involved the conversion of sulfadiazine into compound 2-chloro-N-(4-(N-(pyrimidin-2-yl) sulfamoyl) phenyl) acetamide [A] through the reaction of sulfadiazine with chloroacetyl chloride in the presence of diethylamine in dimethylformamide as solvent. Then prepared the hydrazine derivative of sulfadiazine 2-hydrazinyl-N-(4-(N-(pyrimidin-2-yl) sulfamoyl) phenyl) acetamide [B] through the interaction of compound [A] with hydrazine in dimethylformamide as solvent. Followed by chalcones preparation [C1, C2, C3, C4, and C5] from the reaction of 4-aminoacetophenone with some aromatic aldehydes in a basic medium in absolute ethanol using an ice bath. Pyrazoline derivatives [BC1, BC2, BC3, BC4, and BC5] were prepared from the reaction of the hydrazine derivative of sulfadiazine [B] with chalcones in a basic medium in the presence of absolute ethanol. The pyrazole derivatives [IBC1, IBC2, IBC3, IBC4, and IBC5] were prepared from the reaction of the hydrazine derivative of sulfadiazine [B] with chalcones in the presence of glacial acetic acid and then the product was oxidized using Iodine. Synthesized compounds have been studied by their melting points, and characterized by C.H.N.S analysis, FT-IR and 1H-MNR spectroscopy and studied of biological activity.
Cite this article:
Ehab Hammed Mohammed, Ezzat Hussein Zimam. Synthesis Characterization and Studying Antibacterial Activity of some New Pyrazol Derivatives. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(7):3905-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00678
Ehab Hammed Mohammed, Ezzat Hussein Zimam. Synthesis Characterization and Studying Antibacterial Activity of some New Pyrazol Derivatives. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(7):3905-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00678 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-7-75
1. Abbass, A.F.; Zimam, E.H., Synthesis, characterization and study biological activity of some new pyrimidine and 1,2,3,4-tetrazole derivatives based on sulfadiazine, International Journal of ChemTech Research., 2016,9, 206-217.
2. Ali J. Radhi, Ezzat H. Zimam, Emad A. Jaffar, Synthesis of some novel barbital derivatives based on Carbohydrate as α-glucosidase inhibitors, Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2019; 12(3): 1145-1154.
3. Ehab K. O., Hayder A. S., Najlaa, N. H., Ahmed K. H., Ali J. R., Synthesis and Design of New Gemcitabine Derivatives as in vitro α-Glucosidase Inhibitors, Journal of Global Pharma Technology, 2019,11(3):25-29.
4. Farked Wahoodi Salman, Ahmed Jasim Twayej, Hayder Ahmed Shaheed, Ali Jabbar Radhi, New Gemcitabine Derivatives as potent in vitro α-Glucosidase Inhibitors, Nano Biomed. Eng., 2019, 11(1): 84-90.
5. Khdur, R.A.; Zimam, E.H.; Synthesis and characterization of some new β-lactam derivatives from Azo sulphadiazine and its biological evaluation as anticancer. Oriental Journal of Chemistry, 2018, 34,371-380.
6. Abdel-Aziz M., Abuo-Rahma G. E. A., Hassan A. A., Synthesis of novel pyrazole derivatives and evaluation of their antidepressant and anticonvulsant activities, Eur. J. Med.Chem. 2009, 44, 3480-3487.
7. Kaushik D., Khan S. A., Chawla G., Kumar S., N’-[(5-chloro-3-methyl-1-phenyl-1Hpyrazol-4-yl)methylene]2/4-substituted hydrazides: synthesis and anticonvulsant activity, Eur.J. Med. Chem., 2010,45 3943-3949.
8. Malladi S., Isloor A. M., Peethambar S. K., Ganesh B. M., Goud P. S. K., SynthesisAnd antimicrobial activity of some new pyrazole containing cyanopyridone derivatives, Der. Pharm. Chem., 2012, 4 43-52.
9. B’Bhatt H., Sharma S., Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of pyrazole nucleus ontaining 2-thioxothiazolidin-4-one derivatives, Arabian J. Chem., 2013, doi:10.1016/j.arabjc.2013.05.029.
10. Vijesh A. M., Isloor A. M., Shetty P., Sundershan S., Fun H. K., New pyrazole derivatives containing 1,2,4-triazoles and benzoxazoles as potent antimicrobial and analgesic agents, Eur. J. Med. Chem.,2013,26, 410-415.
11. Khunt R. C., Khedkar V. M., Chawda R. S., Chauhan N. A., Parikh A. R., Coutinho E. C., Synthesis, antitubercular evaluation and 3D-QSAR study of N-phenyl-3-(4-fluorophenyl)-4-substituted pyrazole derivatives, Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. ,2012, 22 666-678.
12. Pathak R.B., Chovatia P. T., Parekh H. H., Synthesis, antitubercular and antimicrobial evaluation of 3-(4-chlrophenyl)-4-substituted pyrazole derivatives, Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2012,22,5129-5133.
13. Daidone G., Maggio B., Raffa D., Plescia S., Bajardi M. L., Caruso A., Cutuli V. M. C., Amico-Roxas M., Synthesis and pharmacological study of ethyl 1-methyl-5- [2-substituted-4-oxo-3(4H)-quinazolinyl]-1H-pyrazole-4-acetates, Eur. J. Med. Chem., 1994, 29,707-711.
14. Gokhan-Kelekci N., Yabanoglu S., Kupeli E., Salgin U., Ozgen O., Ucar G., Yesilada E., Kendi E., Yesilada A., Bilgin A. A., A new therapeutic approach in Alzheimer disease: some novel pyrazole derivatives as dual MAO-B inhibitors and anti-inflammatory analgesics, Bioorg. Med. Chem. 2007,15, 5775-5786.
15. Koca I., Ozgur A., Coskun K.A., Tutar Y., Synthesis and anticancer activity of acylthioureas bearing pyrazole moiety, Bioorg. Med. Chem. 2013, 21, 3859-3865.
16. Dawood K. M., Eldebss T. M. A., El-Zahabi H.S.A., Yousef M.H., Metz P., Synthesis of some new pyrazole based 1,3-thiazoles and 1,3,4-thiadiazoles as anticancer agents, Eur. J.Med. Chem., 2013,70, 740-749.
17. Raffa D., Maggio B., Raimondi M.V., Cascioferro S., Plescia F., Cancemi G., Daidone G., Recent advanced in bioactive systems containing pyrazole fused with a five membered heterocycle, Eur. J. Med. Chem., 2015, 97,732-746.
18. Ehab k. O., Najlaa j. H., Farked w. S., Hayder A. S., Ali J. R., Synthesis, characterization and study biological activity of new Iron (III)complex with sulfadiazine derivative, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2019, 11(2):518-523.
19. Greenhalgh DG. Topical antimicrobial agents for burn wounds. Clin Plast Surg 2009;36 (4),597–606.
20. Mahmood M. F., Ezzat H. Z. and Majed J. M. A Series of Barbituric Acid Derivatives from Sulfa Drug: Synthesis and Antimicrobial Activity. Nano Biomed. Eng., 2019, 11(1), 67-83.
21. Sharma, R., Samadhiya, P., Srivastava, S.D. and S.K. Srivastava, Synthesis and biological significance of some 2-azetidinone derivatives, Journal of Science S, Islamic Republic of Iran , 2012, 23(2),139-146.
22. Mustafa K. Naeem, Ezzat H. Zimam, Synthesis and Identification of some New Sulphadiazine Derivatives, Journal of Applicable Chemistry. 2014, 3 (4): 1499-1509.
23. Ali Fattah Naser, Ammar Kareem Madlool, Dheyaa Hussein Mohsin, Ehab Kareem Obaid, Ali Jabbar Radhi,Synthesis of New Gemcitabine Derivatives Linked Tetrazole Ring as Antibacterial Activity, International Journal of Psychosocial Rehabilitation, 2020, 24, (05),1806-1813
24. Majed Jary Mohammed, Zeyad Kadhim Oleiwi, Muntadher Abdulabbas Hasan, Ahmed K. H. Mubarak, Ehab K.O., Ali Jabbar Radhi, Synthesis and Study Biological Activity of Gemcitabine Linked Heterocyclic Hybrids, Research J. Pharm. and Tech., 2020; 13(7): 3257-3261.