Objective: A new, simple, economical, sensitive, precise and reproducible UV visible spectrophotometric method was developed for the estimation of luliconazole in pure form and pharmaceutical formulation as per ICH guidelines. Method: A UV spectrophotometric method has been developed using methanol and water as solvent to determine the luliconazole in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage formulation. The ?max of luliconazole in methanol and water was found to be 297nm. Results: The drug was proved linear in the range of 3-15µg/ml and exhibited good correlation coefficient (R2= 0.9993) and excellent mean recovery (98-99%). The % RSD for intra-day and inter-day precision was found to be 1.051288 and 1.138658 respectively. The LOD and LOQ of Luliconazole was found to be 1.1168µg/ml and 3.3845µg/ml respectively. This method was successfully applied to luliconazole content in marketed brands and results were in good agreement with the label claims. Conclusion: The method was validated for linearity, precision, repeatability and reproducibility. The obtained results proved that the method can be employed for the routine analysis of luliconazole in bulks as well as in commercial formulations.
Cite this article:
Anuja Suryawanshi, Afaque Ansari, Mallinath Kalshetti. UV Spectrophotometric Method Development and Validation of Luliconazole in Bulk and Formulation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(7):3826-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00663
Anuja Suryawanshi, Afaque Ansari, Mallinath Kalshetti. UV Spectrophotometric Method Development and Validation of Luliconazole in Bulk and Formulation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(7):3826-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00663 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-7-60
1. Patel PS. Development and validation of UV-spectrophotometric and RP-HPLC methods for estimation of luliconazole in bulk and gel formulation. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.2019; 8(7): 709-729.
2. Manish Kumar. Preparation of luliconazole nanocrystal loaded hydrogel for improvement od dissolution and antifungal activity. Heliyon.2019; 5:1-9.
3. Tomal Majumder. Method development and validation of RP-HPLC method for estimation of luliconazole in marketed formulation (Cream). The Pharma Innovation Journal.2019; 8(5): 103-108.
4. Tambe SR. Estimation of Luliconazole in Formulation and Biofluid. J Anal Pharm Res. 2017; 6(5): 1-7.
5. Sowjanya Gummadi. Quantification and stability aspects of Luliconazole in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms by UV spectroscopy. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics. 2019; 9(2-s): 300-306.
6. Luliconazole, Accession No, DBO8933, Available at https:// www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB08933[Accessed 12 Jan 2020].
7. ICH Guidelines Q2 (R1), “Validation of analytical procedures: text and methodology’’, in ICH Harmonized Tripartite Guidelines, 2005.