Glushchenko Svetlana Nikolaevna, Mikhaylova Elena Alekseevna, Kurkin Vladimir Aleksandrovich, Kochukova Anna Alexandrovna
Glushchenko Svetlana Nikolaevna1, Mikhaylova Elena Alekseevna1, Kurkin Vladimir Aleksandrovich2, Kochukova Anna Alexandrovna1
1Orenburg State Medical University, Department of Economics of Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Technology and Pharmacognosy, Russia.
2Samara State Medical University, Department of Pharmacognosy, Botany and Phytotherapy, Russia.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 7,
Year - 2021
The purpose of this study is to select the optimal ointment base for the creation of a soft dosage form, to develop methods for standardizing dermatological ointment based on Aloe arborescens juice and to study antibacterial activity. The choice of the optimal ointment base, ensuring the maximum therapeutic effect of the ointment, was made. Ointments were prepared in accordance with the physical-chemical properties of the components of the basics. The criterion for evaluating the effectiveness of the used ointment bases was the degree of release of the active substances (anthracene derivatives). During the studies, antimicrobial activity was determined in the in vitro experiment. The comparative determination of the antimicrobial activity of ointment bases and juice of Aloe arborescens was performed by direct diffusion into agar. To develop the method of quantitative determination, the absorption spectra of Aloe arborescens juice and ointment extraction with 60% ethyl alcohol were studied. The optical density of the solution on the spectrophotometer at a wavelength of 396nm was measured. The quantitative content of the total active substances in the ointment, calculated on barbaloin was determined by using UV spectrophotometry.
Cite this article:
Glushchenko Svetlana Nikolaevna, Mikhaylova Elena Alekseevna, Kurkin Vladimir Aleksandrovich, Kochukova Anna Alexandrovna. Development of Dermatological Ointment based on Aloe arborescens juice. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(7):3617-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00625
Glushchenko Svetlana Nikolaevna, Mikhaylova Elena Alekseevna, Kurkin Vladimir Aleksandrovich, Kochukova Anna Alexandrovna. Development of Dermatological Ointment based on Aloe arborescens juice. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(7):3617-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00625 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-7-22
1. Bruk M.M. Obtaining medicines from plant and animal raw materials under the influence of ultrasound. In the book. Ultrasound in Physiology and Medicine. Vol. 1, Rostov-on-Don; 1972, 115-116.
2. Kurkin V.A. Fundamentals of Phytotherapy: Textbook for Students of Pharmaceutical Universities. Samara: OOO “Ofort”: GOU VPO “Sam GMU Roszdrava”; 2009.
3. Kurkin V.A. Pharmacognosy: Textbook for Students of Pharmaceutical Faculties, Edn 2, Samara, 2007; 828-840
4. Murav’eva D.A., Samylina I.А., Yakovlev G.P., Pharmacognosy. Moscow; 2002, 152-155.
5. Ponomarev, V. D. Extraction of Medicinal Raw Materials. M., Medicine, 1976, 204.
6. Sokolov S. Y. Herbal Medicine and Pharmacology/S. Y. Sokolov. – M: Honey. Inform. Agency, 2000. – 976.
7. Tikhonov V. N., Kalinkina G. I., Salnikova E. H., Edited by Professor Dmitruk S. E. Medicinal Plants, Raw Materials and Phytopreparations Textbook. Part I, II. Tomsk, 2004. — 116, 148.