Kuntal Mukherjee, S. T. Narenderan, B. Babu, Survi Mishra, S. N. Meyyanathan
Kuntal Mukherjee, S. T. Narenderan, B. Babu*, Survi Mishra, S. N. Meyyanathan
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, JSS College of Pharmacy, JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research, Ooty, Nilgiris, Tamil Nadu, India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 6,
Year - 2021
A simple, sensitive and rapid high performance liquid chromatographic method has been developed for the determination of Propofol. The main focus of the method was to determine Propofol in solution form as well as in marketed formulation. Chromatographic separation was achieved on Inertsil ODS-3V column (250mm x 4.6mm; 5µm) with a mobile phase consisting of methanol: water (85:15), with a flow rate of 1.0ml/min (UV detection at 270nm). Linearity was observed over the concentration range of 10-110µg/ml with a regression equation y=88048x + 44524 and having a regression value (R2) of 0.999. The LOD and LOQ values found to be 10ng and 100ng, respectively. No changes found in ruggedness and robustness studies. The percentage of recovery was found to be 95.25% to 101.81%. Validation studies revealed that the method was specific, accurate, precise, reliable, robust, reproducible and suitable for the quantitative analysis in its pharmaceutical formulations.
Cite this article:
Kuntal Mukherjee, S. T. Narenderan, B. Babu, Survi Mishra, S. N. Meyyanathan. Method Development and Validation of Propofol by Reverse Phase HPLC and its Estimation in Commercial Formulation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(6):3139-2. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00547
Kuntal Mukherjee, S. T. Narenderan, B. Babu, Survi Mishra, S. N. Meyyanathan. Method Development and Validation of Propofol by Reverse Phase HPLC and its Estimation in Commercial Formulation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(6):3139-2. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00547 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-6-37
1. Jason Yarbrough, Ralph Harvey: Determination of Propofol Using High Performance Liquid Chromatography in Whole Blood with Fluorescence Detection. Journal of Chromatographic Science 2012; 50:162–166.
3. H. Zhang, P. Wang: HPLC determination of cisatracuriumbesylate and Propofol mixtures with LC-MS identification of degradation products. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis 16 (1998) 1241–1249.
4. Karthick Vishwanathan, James T. Stewart: HPLC determination of a Propofol and Remifantanil mixture. J. LIQ. CHROM. & REL. TECHNOL., 22(6), 923–931 (1999).
5. T.B. Vree, A.J. Lagerwerf, C.P. Bleeker: Direct high-performance liquid chromatography determination of Propofol and its metabolite quinol with their Glucuronide conjugates and preliminary pharmacokinetics in plasma and urine of man. Journal of Chromatography B, 721 (1999) 217–228.
6. ICH Guidelines Validation of analytical procedures: Text and methodology Q2 (R1).