Ahmed A. Mohsin, Muhammed M. Radhi, Wisam H. Hoidy
Ahmed A. Mohsin1, Muhammed M. Radhi1, Wisam H. Hoidy2*
1Department of Radiological Techniques, College of Health and Medical Technology/Baghdad, Middle Technical University (MTU), Baghdad, Iraq.
2Chemistry Department, College of Education, University of Al-Qadisiyah, Al-Qadisiyah, Iraq.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 6,
Year - 2021
Gold compound AuCl4 used in different medical purpose especially in different diseases such as Arthritis, the study focused on the electrochemical properties of gold compound in an electrolyte (KCl solution) using modified glassy carbon electrode with carbon nanoparticles (CNT/GCE) as a good nanosensor to determine the chemical behavior of gold compound by the oxidation – reduction current peaks as appeared in the cyclic voltammogram at 115 and 500 mV respectively. It was studied in this study the different concentrations, scan rates, pH, and the reliability (stability), also the effect of ascorbic acid on the redox current peaks of the gold compound was studied. The results were discussed to promising the gold compound as a treatment in different disease in an alkaline medium because the Au(IV) compound acts as antioxidant by disappearing current peak of the oxidation and enhanced the reduction current peak.
Cite this article:
Ahmed A. Mohsin, Muhammed M. Radhi, Wisam H. Hoidy. Study the Gold Compound (AuCl4) in KCl using Cyclic Voltammetry by Nano Sensor. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(6):3004-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00526
Ahmed A. Mohsin, Muhammed M. Radhi, Wisam H. Hoidy. Study the Gold Compound (AuCl4) in KCl using Cyclic Voltammetry by Nano Sensor. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(6):3004-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00526 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-6-16
1. Radhi MM, Hussein BF, Mohamed AA. Electrochemical study of Propolis as anti-oxidative reagent against to lead ions in rabbit blood samples using cyclic voltammetry, Journal of Silicate Based and Composite Materials. 2019; 71(1): 28-31.
2. Radhi MM, Al-Mulla EAJ. Electrochemical characterization of the redox couple of Fe (III)/Fe(II) mediated by grafted polymer. Research on Chemical Intermediates. 2014; 40(1): 179-192.
3. Radhi MM, Ibrahim AI, Al-Haidarie YK, Al-Asadi SA, Al-Mulla EAJ. Rifampicin: Electrochemical Effect on Blood Component by Cyclic Voltammetry Using Nano Sensor, Nano Biomedicine and Engineering. 2019; 11(2): 150-156.
4. Mehta P. Cyclic Voltammetric Study of Lead (Pb(II)) in Different Potassium Salts as Supporting Electrolytes. International Journal of Pure Applied Chemistry. 2012; 7(2): 14-21.
5. Radhi MM, Abdullah HN, Jabir MS, Al-Mulla EAJ. Electrochemical Effect of Ascorbic Acid on Redox Current Peaks of CoCl2 in Blood Medium. Nano Biomedicine and Engineering. 2017; 9(2): 103-106.
6. Fadil M, Radhi MM, Hussein BF. Effect of gold on serum redox status in male and female rabbits determined by cyclic voltammetry. Online Journal of Veterinary Research. 2020; 24(2): 99-106.
7. Pantelić N, Stanković, DM, Zmejkovski BB, Kaluđerović GN, Sabo TJ. Electrochemical properties of some gold (III) complexes with (S, S)-R2edda-type ligands. International Journal of Electrochemical Science. 2016; 11: 1162-1171,
8. Đurović MD, Puchta R, Bugarcic ZD, Eldik R. Studies on the reactions of [AuCl4](-) with different nucleophiles in aqueous solution. Dalton Transactions. 2014; 43(23): 8620-8632.
9. Krukiewicz K, Chudy M, Gregg Stephen, Biggs MJP. The Synergistic Effects of Gold Particles and Dexamethasone on the Electrochemical and Biological Performance of PEDOT Neural Interfaces. Polymers (Basel). 2019; 11(1): 1-13.
10. Gama EG, Oliveira GM. Electrodeposition of Gold Films from a Glycerol Solution on Carbon Paste Electrode and the Effect of Chemical and Electrochemical Parameters of Electrodeposition on the Electrode Performance in Potassium Ferrocyanide Solution. Journal of the Brazilian Chemical Society. 2017; 28(1): 49-57.
11. Gimeno MC, López-de-Luzuriaga JM, Manso E, Monge M, Olmos ME, Rodríguez-Castillo M, Tena MT, Day DP, Lawrence EJ, Wildgoose GG. Synthesis, Photochemical, and Redox Properties of Gold(I) and Gold (III) Pincer Complexes Incorporating a 2,2′:6′,2″-Terpyridine Ligand Framework. Inorganic Chemistry. 2015; 54(22): 10667-10677.
12. Ayeni A, Alam Sh, Kipouros G. Electrochemical Study of Redox Reaction of Various Gold III Chloride Concentrations in Acidic Solution. MSCE. 2018; 6(1): 80-89.
13. Hoidy WH, Radhi MM, Tareef MF. Redox Process of Cardamom Oil in Human Blood Serum Using Cyclic Voltammetry. Nano Biomedicine and Engineering, 2020; 12(1): 99-103.
14. Tan WT, Ng GK, Bond AM. Electrochemical of microcrystalline tetrathiafulvalene at an electrode solid aqueous KBr interface. Malaysian Journal of Chemistry. 2000; 2: 34-42.
15. Sezgin S, Ates M, Parlak A, Sarac S () Scan Rate Effect of 1-(4-methoxyphenyl)-1H-Pyrrole Electrocoated on Carbon Fiber: Characterization via Cyclic Voltammetry, FTIR-ATR and Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy. International Journal of Electrochemical Science. 2012; 7: 1093-1106
16. Zanello P, Nervi C, de Biani FF () Inorganic electrochemistry: Theory, practice and application. The Royal Society of Chemistry. 2003; 212-220.
17. Essa ShM, Hoidy WH. Spectrophotometric Determination of Cobalt (II) and Lead (II) Using (1,5-Dimethyl-2-Phenyl-4-((2,3,4- Trihydroxy Phenyl) Diazenyl)-1H-Pyrazol-3(2H)-One) as Organic Reagent: Using It as Antimicrobial and Antioxidants. Nano Biomedicine and Engineering. 2020; 12(2): 160-166.
18. Radhi MM, Al-Mulla EAJ, Tan WT. Electrochemical characterization of the redox couple of Fe(III)/Fe(II) mediated by grafted polymer electrode, Research on Chemical Intermediates. 2014; 40: 179-192.
19. Radhi MM, Al-Mulla EAJ. Copolymer electrode self-modified with fullerene C60. Journal of Silicate Based and Composite Materials 2018; 70: 134-139.
20. Radhi MM, Alasady MA, Jabir MS. Electrochemical Oxidation Effect of Nicotine in Cigarette Tobacco on a Blood Medium Mediated by GCE Using Cyclic Voltammetry, Portugaliae Electrochimica Acta. 2020; 38: 139-148.
21. Hoidy WH, Essa SM, Al-Saady FA, Al-Mulla EA. Synthesis, Characterization and Evaluation of Biological Activity of Corn Oil -Based Difatty Acyl Carbamodithioic Acid, Research Journal of. Pharmacy and Technology. 2020; 13(4): 1-5
22. Pallavi S, Deepali G, Rupali K, Pandurang D, Kishor B. Simple Validated Spectroscopic Method for Estimation of Amlodipine Besylate from Tablet Formulation, Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2019; 2(4): 553-555.
23. Imran AS, Manoj C, Avinash VK. Development of Spectrophotometric Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Flupenthixol HCl and Melitracen HCl in Their Combined Dosage Form, Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2009; 2(4): 488-493.
24. Rekha D. Role of Mathematics in Physical Science International, Journal of Technology. 2016; 6(2): 103-106.
25. Amane NB, Shete SD, Chavan RV, Desai PS, Salunkhe VR. Application of Nanoscience in Pharmacy: Review on Nanotubes developments and its Evaluation, Journal of Technology. 2019; 9(2):54-66.
26. Rumi C, Chaudhari PK, Amit K, Singh RK. Synthesis and characterization of some Cobalt Phthalocyanine Carboxylamide used in the Merox Process, Research Journal of Engineering and Technology. 2010; 1(1): 24-26.
27. Muthukumaran P, Janani R.. Isolation and Characterization of Lead (Pd) Resistant Staphylococcus aureus from Tannery Effluent Contaminated Site, Research Journal of Engineering and Technology. 2013; 4(4): 239-241.
28. Pathak KK, Mimi AP, Kusumanjali D. Comparative Study of Optical and Electrical Properties of CdSe:Sm and CdSe:Nd Nanocrystalline Thin Film, Research Journal of Engineering and Technology. 2018;9(1): 67-69.
29. Amit A, Niresh Sh. Possibilities of Using Neural Network for ECG Classification, Research Journal of Engineering and Technology. 2014; 5(1): 13-16.
30. Aisha A, Jibrin AI, Vimlendu BS. Response of Wheat Seeds Grown under NaCl and ZnCl2 Stress. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 8(2):77-82.