Surendra K Gautam, Sujeet K Gupta, Bhumika Yogi
Surendra K Gautam*, Sujeet K Gupta, Bhumika Yogi
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Hygia Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research,
Ghaila Road, Gazipur Balram Rd, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226021.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 5,
Year - 2021
In the current scenario we have plant to study to synthesize novel indole derivatives (4a-d) and (5a-b) which have the target activity like anti-convulsion and anti microbial etc. In the primary phase, we synthesized 2-phenyl-1H-indole reacted with Phosphorus oxychloride and N, N’-dimethylformamide by using vilsmeier reagent formylation of a new compound 2-phenylindole-3-carbaldehyde (2). The 2-phenylindole-3-carbaldehyde was reacted with substituted phenacyl bromide, K2CO3 and TBAB (Tetra butyl ammonium bromide) into the presence of N, N’-dimethylformamide to gives [1-(2-(4-substituted phenacyl bromide)-2-oxoethyl)-2-phenylindole-3-carbaldehyde (3a-d). The compound [1-(2-(4- substituted phenacyl bromide)-2-oxo-ethyl)-2-phenylindole-3-carbaldehyde was permitted to mixed with various substituted phenacyl bromide gives corresponding indole derivatives. The indole derivatives (3a-d) were reacted with barbituric acid and thiobarbituric acid dissolved into the methanol at reflux for 4h to gives afforded compounds (4a-d) and (5a-b). The final indole barbituric derivatives (4a-d) and (5a-b) were synthesized from substituted phenacyl bromide by the react with methanol and recrystalized from ethanol. The last compound has been completed on the basis of spectra FT-IR and 1H NMR. All the value of FT-IR, 1H NMR, Solubility and TLC were considered to be prominent. The pharmacological screening through ear electrode induced current 50mA for 0.2 seconds in electro-convulsiometer for anticonvulsant activity. The synthesize compounds were establish to be 4b, 4c, 4d, and 5a. The compound 4c and 5a were established to be the most potent compound through compare to standard drugs phenytoin sodium.
Cite this article:
Surendra K Gautam, Sujeet K Gupta, Bhumika Yogi. Synthesis and Anticonvulsant activity of new 5-((1-(2-(4-substituted phenacyl bromide)-2-oxoethyl)-2-phenyl-1H-indol-3yl) methylene) pyrimidine-2, 4, 6(1H, 3H, 5H)-trione Derivatives. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(5):2681-5. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00473
Surendra K Gautam, Sujeet K Gupta, Bhumika Yogi. Synthesis and Anticonvulsant activity of new 5-((1-(2-(4-substituted phenacyl bromide)-2-oxoethyl)-2-phenyl-1H-indol-3yl) methylene) pyrimidine-2, 4, 6(1H, 3H, 5H)-trione Derivatives. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(5):2681-5. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00473 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-5-57
1. Pandeya SN, Kumar R, and Pathak AK. Natural Anticonvulsants: A Review. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2009:2(4); 670-679.
2. Zadorozhnii PV, Popykhach NP, Kiselev PV, Pokotylo IO, Okhtina OV, and Kharchenko AV. In Silico Prediction of Anticonvulsant Activity of N-(2, 2, 2-Trichloro-1-hydroxyethyl)alkenyl- and – alkylarylcarboxamides. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2018; 11(2): 711-716.
3. Tripathi KD. Essentials of medical pharmacology. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd, 2013; 7th ed; pp. 411.
4. Kumar N. “A Text Book of Pharmacology”, AIBS Publishers, India, 2016; second ed; pp. 53-54.
5. Picot MC, Baldy MM, Daurs JP, Durjols P, and Crespel A. The prevalence of epilepsy and pharmacoresistant epilepsy in adults: a population based study in a Western European Country, Epilepsia; 2008; vol:49: 1230.
6. Kumar R, Singh T, Singh H, Jain S, and Roy RK. Design, synthesis and anticonvulsant activity of some new 6,8-halo-substituted-2H-[1,2,4] triazino[5,6-B] indole-3 (5H)-one/thione and 6,8-halo-substituted 5-methyl-2H-[1,2,4] triazino[5,6-B]indole-3(5H)-one/thione, EXCLI journal, 2014;vol:13: 225-240.
7. Admas RD. and Victor M. Textbook of Principles of Neurology. New York Oxford University press, 1989; 4th ed; pp. 249-270.
8. Banerjee PN, Filippi D, and Allen Hauser W. The descriptive epidemiology of epilepsy-A review; Epilepsy Research: Science Direct, 2009: vol: 85; 31-45.
9. Hussain A, Ahmad A Abbasi FA, and Khan SA. Synthesis and anticonvulsant activity of indo-imidazolone hybrid molecules, Research and Review: Journal of medicinal and organic chemistry, 2015; vol. 1(1): 23-28.
10. Kwan P and Brodie MJ. Early identification of refractory epilepsy, New England Journal Medicine, 2000; 342(5): 314-319.
11. Aliabadi A, Gholamine B, and Karimi T. Synthesis and antiseizure evaluation of isoindoline-1,3- dionederivatives in mice. Medicinal Chemistry Research 2014; 23(6):2736-2743.
12. Rajak H, Deshmukh R, Aggarwal N, Kashaw S, Kharya MD, and Mishra P. Synthesis of novel 2,5- disubstituted 1,3,4-thiadiazoles for their potential anticonvulsant activity: pharmacophoric model studies Archiv Pharmazie (Weinheim), 2009; 342(8):453- 461.
13. Deng XQ, Dong ZQ, Song MX, Shu B, Wang SB, and Qua ZS. Synthesis and anticonvulsant activities of some triazolothiadiazole derivatives. Archiv Pharmazie (Weinheim). 2012; 345(7):565-573.
14. Bialer MW, and Nat HS. Review Drug discovery. 2010; 9:68.
15. Alam O, Mullick P, Verma SP, Gilani SJ, Khan SA, Siddiqui N and Ahsan W. Synthesis, anticonvulsant and toxicity screening of newer semicarbazone derivatives; European Journal Medicine Chemistry 2010; 45 (6): 2467-2472.
16. Kaminski K., and Obniska J. Design, synthesis and anticonvulsant activity of N-phenylamino derivatives of 3, 3-dialkyl-pyrrolidine-2,5-diones and hexahydro-isoindole-1,3-diones; Journal of Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry 2008; 16 (1): 4921-4931.
17. Archana RP, Bajaj K, Srivastava VK, and Kumar A. Arzneim Forsch/Drug Research 2003; 53:301.
18. Sharma S, Srivastava VK, and Kumar A. Indian Journal of Chemistry 2002; 41B: 2647.
19. Bajaj K, Srivastava VK, Lata S, Chandra R and Kumar A. Indian Journal of Chemistry 2003; 42B: 1723.
20. Das PK, Sahu R, Behera PK, Garnaik BK. A manifold implications of indole and its derivatives: A brief Review. Research Journal Pharmacy and Technology. 2017; 10(3): 923-936.
21. Dan Z, Zang J, Yu S, Hu H, Chai X, and Sun Q. Design and synthesis of novel triazole antifungal derivatives based on the active site of fungal lanosterol 14a-demethylase (CYP51).Chinese Chemical Letters 2009;20 (8): 935-8.
22. Bayrak H, Demirbas A, Dermirbas N, and Karaoglu S. synthesis of some new 1,2, 4-triazoles starting from isonicotinic acid hydrazide and evaluation of their antimicrobial activities, European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 2009; 44 (11): 4346-4366.
23. Al-Soud Y, and Al- Masoudi N: synthesis antitumor and antiviral properties of some 1, 2, 4,-triazole derivatives. Il Farmaco 2004; 59 (10):775-783.
24. Ali MY, Qureshi MS, Hamed M, Das B, and Rao KP. Design and Evaluation of Nimesulide Lozenges for Pediatrics. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2010; 3 (3): pp. 818-820.
25. Devshetwar DN, Nargund LVG, Havannavar NT, Nargund SL. Synthesis of Substituted Fluoroindole as an Anti-Bacterial Agent. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2012; 5(11):pp. 1446-1451.
26. Panda S, Tripathy JK. Thermodynamic, Spectral and Antimicrobial Properties of Inclusion Complexes of 2-[Benzylidenamino]-1, 3, 4-thiadiazino [6,5b] indole and 2-[Furfurlidenamino]-1, 3, 4-thiadiazino [6,5b] indole : A Comparative Study. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2011; 4(11): pp. 1693-1698.
27. Furniss BS. Hannaford AJ. Smith PWG & Tatchell AR. Vogel’s Text book of Practical Organic Chemistry by; 5th ed; Page No. 1161.
28. Chimakurthy J, Murthy TEGK, Upadhyay L. Effect of Curcumin on Sub-Therapeutic Doses of AED’S And Long Term Memory In MES Induced GTC Type of Seizures in Rats. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2008; 1(4):pp. 401-404.
29. Dubey SK. and Batral A. Acute and sub acute toxicity studies on ethanolic fraction of Thuja occidentalis Linn. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2008; 1(3): 245-248.
30. Sharma S, Gokulan PD, Jadon PS, Singh S, Shukla SS. Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Some New Benzimidazole Derivatives For their Anticonvulsant and Anti-inflammatory activity. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2011; 4(8): pp. 1311-1319.
31. Tiwari RN, Bothara KG, Chhabra GS, and Kulkarni S. Evaluation of Anticonvulsant Activity of Novel Substituted 2-Mercaptobenzimidazole Derivatives. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2010; 3(2): pp. 466-467.
32. RL Sawant, MS Bhatia. Application of Topliss Modified Approach in the Design and Synthesis of GABA- Nergic Anticonvulsants. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2008; 1(3):pp. 273-275.