Kalpana Divekar, Rekha. S, Murugan. Vedigounder, Shivaprakash. H
Kalpana Divekar*, Rekha. S, Murugan. Vedigounder, Shivaprakash. H
College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dayananda Sagar University, Shavige Malleshwara Hills,
Kumarswamy Layout, Bangalore.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 5,
Year - 2021
Pyrimidine is an important baseone of the base formed by hydrolysis of nucleosides. It is an interesting molecule in the medicinal chemistry because of its diversified biological activities. Alloxan which is an oxidation product of Uric acid is also a pyrimidine derivative of interest to a medicinal chemist. Several pyrimidines are reported as antimicrobial, analegesic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiparasitic agents. Pyrimidine scaffold is considered as an interesting one due to its various pharmacological properties. In this scheme, an attempt is made to carry out synthesis of some new pyrimidine derivatives. The Starting material Chalcone is synthesized by condensation of various aromatic aldehyde and aromatic ketone. Chalcone is then treated with thiourea and KOH in presence of ethanol to yield pyrimidine derivatives. Then those pyrimidine derivatives were subjected to alkylation and acetylation. The synthesized compounds were characterized and confirmed by IR and 1HNMR spectroscopy and then evaluated for their anti-inflammatory activity. The anti-inflammatory activity of newly synthesized pyrimidine derivatives were carried out by the carrageenan induced rat hind paw edema method by taking Diclofenac sodium as standard.
Cite this article:
Kalpana Divekar, Rekha. S, Murugan. Vedigounder, Shivaprakash. H. Synthesis, Characterization and Evaluation of some newer Pyrimidine derivatives as Anti-inflammatory Agents. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(5):2529-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00445
Kalpana Divekar, Rekha. S, Murugan. Vedigounder, Shivaprakash. H. Synthesis, Characterization and Evaluation of some newer Pyrimidine derivatives as Anti-inflammatory Agents. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(5):2529-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00445 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-5-29
1. Synthesis, Biological and Pharmacological Screening of Novel Pyrimidine Derivatives Bhat, K Ishwar; Kumar, Abhishek. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology; 2017: 1049-1052.
2. Cronstein B.N. Cyclooxygenase-2-selective inhibitors: Translating pharmacology into clinical utility. Clin J Med, 2003; 69: 13-19.
3. Sham M Sondhia, Shubhi Jain,a Amarendra Dhar Dwivedi,a Rakesh Shuklab, Ram Raghubirb. Synthesis of condensed pyrimidines and their evaluation for anti-inflammatory and analgesic activities. Indian J Chem, 2008; 47(B): 136-143.
4. H.R. Roopa, J. Saravanan, S. Mohan, Rekha Parmesh. Synthesis, Characterization and Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Some Schiff bases of 4-Amino-5,6-Dimethyl thieno [2,3-d] Pyrimidines. Asian J. Research Chem 8(3): March 2015; Page 213-217.
5. Virupakshi Prabhakar, Kondra Sudhakar Babu, L.K. Ravindranath, M. Sahanoor Basha, J. Latha. Application of Chalcones in Synthesis of Novel 1, 5-Benzodiazepine Derivatives Containing Thieno [2, 3-d] Pyrimidine Core Unit and its Biological Activity Screening. Asian J. Research Chem. 2017; 10(2): 71-84.
6. B. Ramesh, R.N. Umashankar, S. Babitha. Synthesis and Anti-inflammatory Activity of Some New 2-Amino – 4, 6, Diaryl Pyrimidines. Asian J. Research Chem. 3(1): Jan.-Mar. 2010; Page 29-30.
7. Dipika Vyawahare, Anna Pratima Nikalje. Efficient One Pot Green Synthesis of 2-Aryl/ Heteryl- Benzothiazoles as Anti-inflammatory Agents. Asian J. Research Chem. 3(4): Oct. - Dec. 2010; Page 872-875.
8. Chavan Rajashree, More Harinath. Synthesis, Characterization and Evaluation of Analgesic and Anti-Inflammatory Activities of Some Novel 6-(Indol-2-Yl)-Pyrimidine-2-Amines. Asian J. Research Chem. 4(7): July, 2011; Page 1180-1187.
9. Hemlata Bhawar, Nachiket Dighe, Pankaj Shinde, Ravi Lawre, Sanjay Bhawar. Synthesis and Evaluation of Some New Imidazole Derivatives for their Anti-Microbial and Anti-Inflammatory activities. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2014; Vol. 4: Issue 4, Oct.-Dec., Pg 189-194.
10. Vijay Kumar Tirlapur, Kashinath Noubade. Synthesis, Characterization and Biological Activities of New Pyrimidines and Pyrazoles Derivative. Asian J. Research Chem. 3(3): July- Sept. 2010; Page 659-662.
11. Vogel’s Text book of Practical organic chemistry by Brain. S, published by ELBS with Longman Educational Low Priced Books Scheme.5:1034.
11. Murugan V, Geetha KM, Sandhyavali MS, Badami S. Synthesis and Antioxidant activity of S-[bis-2-(Chloroethyl)-amino]-4-substituted-6-phenyl Pyrimidine-2-yl-ethanethioate Derivative with Nitrogen Mustards. Asian J. chem, 2008; 20(7): 5166-5170.
12. Hui-Ling Liu, Zongcheng Li, Thorleif Anthonsen. Synthesis and fungicidal activity of 2-Imino-3-(4-arylthiazole-2-yl)-thiazolidine-4-ones and their 5- Arylidine Derivatives. Molecules 2000; 5:1055-1061.
13. Kulkarni S K. Hand Book of Experimental Pharmacology 3rd edition, 2005: 128-132.