M.R. Bodhankar, S.J. Wadher, T.M. Kalyankar, Anitha K
M.R. Bodhankar1*, S.J. Wadher1, T.M. Kalyankar1, Anitha K2.
1School of Pharmacy, Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded-431606 MS India.
2Department of Chemistry, Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ananthapuramu - 515003 Andhra Pradesh, India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 5,
Year - 2021
The new simple, precise, rapid, selective, high performance thin layer chromatography method has been developed for simultaneous estimation of cetirizine hydrochloride and phenylephrine hydrochloride in its combined solid dosage form. The HPTLC method was performed on precoated silica gel G60 F254 plates with, Toluene: Methanol: Ammonia (8: 2: 1, v/v/v) as optimum mobile phase. The plates were developed in 6.00× 0.30mm at room temperature. The developed plates were scanned and quantified at their absorption at 224 nm for CET and PHE respectively. The drugs were satisfactorily resolved with Rf = 0.36± 0.001 for CET and 0.65±0.004 for PHE. Calibration plot was linear between 100-600 ng/ spot for CET and 200-1200 ng/ spot for PHE. This HPTLC method is sensitive, economical, less time consuming than other chromatographic procedures. It can become important tool for analysis of combined solid dosage from. In addition to this results acid exposure, base exposure, oxidative exposure, neutral exposure, photolysis and dry heat exposure is carried out.
Cite this article:
M.R. Bodhankar, S.J. Wadher, T.M. Kalyankar, Anitha K. Stability Indicating Simultaneous Estimation of Cetirizine Hydrochloride and Phenylephrine Hydrochloride in Combined tablet formulation by using HPTLC- Densitometric method. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(5):2467-1. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00434
M.R. Bodhankar, S.J. Wadher, T.M. Kalyankar, Anitha K. Stability Indicating Simultaneous Estimation of Cetirizine Hydrochloride and Phenylephrine Hydrochloride in Combined tablet formulation by using HPTLC- Densitometric method. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(5):2467-1. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00434 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-5-18
2. Indian Pharmacopoeia, Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, published by controller of publication, Delhi (2007); Vol-II, 267-268.
3. Official Monographs / Cetirizine, USP 35, Official from May 1, 2012, the United States Pharmacopeial Convention, 2597-2598.
5. Indian Pharmacopoeia, Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, published by controller of publication, Delhi. 2007; Vol-III, 143-144.
6. Tripathi KD. Essentials of medical pharmacology, 6th edition, Jaypee bro. and med. Publishers, 2008.
7. Muhammad Imran Khan, Ghulam Murtaza, Sher Awan, Muhammad Iqbal, Muhammad Khurram Waqas, Akhtar Rasool, Urooj Fatima, Muhammad Hassham Hassan Bin Asad, Anwar Kahlid, Faisal Usman, Qazi Najam-us-Saqib, Shujaat Ali Khan, Kalsoom Farzana, Seema Mahmood and Izhar Hussain. Development and validation of stability indicating assay method of cetirizine hydrochloride by HPLC. African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2011: 5(2);143-149.
8. Anand Jigna, Mohan Sellappan. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method For Simultaneous Estimation of Cetirizine Hcl and Phenylephrine HCl in Combined Dosage Form. Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2013: 3(5); 3863-3870.
9. Kolhe Sunil, Khose Yogesh and Kale Abhijeet. Simultaneous estimation of Cetirizine hydrochloride, Phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride and Paracetamol by RP-HPLC method. Int. J. of Pharm. & Life Sci. 2013: 4 (11); 3122-3132.
10. Patel Satish A., Patel Natvarlal J. Development and validation of HPTLC method for simultaneous estimation of Levofloxacin and Ornidazole in tablet dosage form. J Pharm Educ Res. 2011: 2(2); 78-83.