Sridatla V.V.S.S.N. Raju, S. Venkat Rao, A. Manikandan
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Sridatla V.V.S.S.N. Raju1*, S. Venkat Rao2, A. Manikandan1
1Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research, Selaiyur, Chennai - 600073, India.
2Department of Chemistry, SMS Pharmaceuticals Ltd, R&D Centre (A DSIR Approved), Gagillapur,
Telangana - 500047, India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 5,
Year - 2021
A delicate, fast, Accurate, exact and steadiness, showing isocratic RP-UPLC method was developed for the concurrent assurance of the Ceftazidime and Avibactam in bulk and formulation. To optimize, a column HSS C18 100 x 2.1mm, 1.8µm, Mobile phase containing water: acetonitrile choose in the ratio 75:25v/v was pumped through column at a flow rate of 0.3ml/min at 260nm, initiate to be an efficient method for elution of drug with good peak shapes as well as retention times. Rt of Avibactam and Ceftazidime were initiate to be 1.463 min and 2.109 min. %Recovery was obtained as 100.07% and 100.08% for Avibactam and Ceftazidime separately. LOD, LOQ values got from relapse conditions of Avibactam and Ceftazidime were 0.85, 2.56 and 3.53, 10.70 correspondingly. Regression equation of Ceftazidime is y = 7883.2x + 12277, and y = 3279.1x + 1137 of Avibactam.
Cite this article:
Sridatla V.V.S.S.N. Raju, S. Venkat Rao, A. Manikandan. Estimation of Ceftazidime and Avibactam in their Bulk and Formulations by a newly Developed and Validated of Stability Indicating RP-UPLC Method. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(5):2459-3. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00432
Sridatla V.V.S.S.N. Raju, S. Venkat Rao, A. Manikandan. Estimation of Ceftazidime and Avibactam in their Bulk and Formulations by a newly Developed and Validated of Stability Indicating RP-UPLC Method. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(5):2459-3. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00432 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-5-16
1. S. D. Lahiri, M. R. Johnstone, P. L. Ross, R. E. McLaughlin, N. B. Olivier, R. A. Alm. Avibactam and Class C β-Lactamases: Mechanism of Inhibition, Conservation of the Binding Pocket, and Implications for Resistance. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy.2014;58(10): 5704-5713.
2. David Yuxin Wang, Martine I Abboud, Marios S Markoulides, Jürgen Brem and Christopher J Schofield. The road to avibactam: the first clinically useful non-β-lactam working somewhat like a β-lactam. Future medicinal chemistry.2016; 8(10).
3. Hayes MV, Orr DC. Mode of action of ceftazidime: affinity for the penicillin-binding proteins of Escherichia coli K12, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Staphylococcus aureus. J Antimicrob Chemother. 1983;12(2): 119-26.
4. Syeda Saniya Fatima, R. Vani. Stability indicating analytical method development and validation for estimation of Ceftazidime and Avibactam in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form using RP-HPLC. Int. J. of Farmacia, 2016; Vol-(2) 1: 70-78.
5. Shaik Mahammad Noorulla and Sadath Ali. RP-HPLC Method development and validation for the Simultaneous Estimation of Ceftazidime and Avibactum intravenous infusion. IJETS.2015;2(12): 2349-3968.
6. J. M. Buyck, C. Luyckx , G. G. Muccioli, K. M. Krause, W. W. Nichols , P. M. Tulkens and F. Van Bambeke. Pharmacodynamics of ceftazidime/avibactam against extracellular and intracellular forms of Pseudomonas aeruginosa. J Antimicrob Chemother 2017; 72: 1400–1409.
7. Sillén H, Mitchell R, Sleigh R, Mainwaring G, Catton K, Houghton R, Glendining K. Determination of avibactam and ceftazidime in human plasma samples by LC-MS. Bioanalysis. 2015;7(12): 1423-34.
8. Jared L. Crandon, Virna J. Schuck, Mary Anne Banevicius, Marie-Eve Beaudoin, Wright W. Nichols, M. Angela Tanudra, David P. Nicolau. Comparative In Vitro and In Vivo Efficacies of Human Simulated Doses of Ceftazidime and Ceftazidime-Avibactam against Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy .2012;56(12): 6137-6146.
9. Indian Pharmacopoeia, Indian Pharmacopoeial Commission, Controller of Publication, Government of India, Ministry of health and Family Welfare, Ghaziabad, India, 2 (2010) 1657-1658.
10. British Pharmacopoeia, The British Pharmacopoeial Commission, the stationary office, UK, London, 1408-1409 2 (2011).
11. ICH. ICH Topic Q2 (R1) Validation of Analytical Procedures : Text and Methodology. Int. Conf. Harmon. 2005.