1. Chetan Ramolia, Zarna Dedania, Ronak Dedania, Sheth NR, G Vidya sagar, Bhavna Patel, Bhatt KK. Simultaneous Estimation of Metformin Hydrochloride, Rosiglitazone Maleate and Glimepiride in Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms by RP-HPLC Method. Asian J. Research Chem. 3(1): Jan.-Mar. 2010; Page 83-86
2. S. J. Daharwal, S Prakash Rao, Vijay Kumar Singh, Chandraprakash Dwivedi, Veena D. Singh. Comparative evaluation of marketed formulations of Metformin HCl. available in India. Asian J. Research Chem. 8(7): July- 2015; Page 441-444.
3. Mohammed Hussein Shaty, Muthanna I. Al-Ezzi, Inam Sameh Arif, Dalya Basil. Effect of Metformin on inflammatory markers involved in Cardiotoxicity induced by Doxorubicin. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2019; 12(12): 5815-5821.
4. Suruj Kaushik, Trilochan Satapathy, Amit Roy, Pushpa Prasad Gupta, Prerna Purabiya. Endocannabinoid activation and polycystic ovary syndrome: A systematic review. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(1):448-452.
5. Mingxing Li, MSca, Yi Yang, MSca, Deqi Jiang, PhDb, et al. Efficacy and safety of liraglutide versus sitagliptin both in combination with metformin in patients with type 2 diabetes A systematic review and meta-analysis. Li et al. Medicine (2017) 96:39
6. Daniel A. Nadeau, MD et al. Review of Liraglutide Versus Sitagliptin for Patients with Uncontrolled Type 2 Diabetes: More EffectiveHbA1c Reduction with Subcutaneous GLP-1Receptor Agonist Versus an Oral DPP-4 Inhibitor. © Postgraduate Medicine, Volume 122, Issue 5, September 2010.
7. Zin Z Htike- MBBS, Francesco Zaccardi– MD, Dimitris Papamargaritis, PhD et al. Efficacy and Safety of Glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists in type 2 diabetes Systematic review and mixed-treatment comparison analysis GLP-1RAs treatments in diabetes. doi: 10.1111/dom.12849
8. Dieter Ayers, Steve Kanters, Rachel Goldgrub et al.Network meta-analysis of liraglutide versus DPP-4inhibitors for the treatment of Type 2 diabetes in Japanese patients. 22 June 2017, At: 07:08
9. Rojas LB, Gomes MB. Metformin: an old but still the best treatment for type 2 diabetes. Diabetol Metab Syndr 2013;1:6–21.
10. Ito H, Ishida H, Takeuchi Y, et al. Long-term effect of metformin on blood glucose control in non-obese patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Nutr Metab (Lond) 2010;7:83
11. Bin C, Xing-guang Z, Yan-ling L, et al. Effect observation of liraglutide and sitagliptin respectively combined with metformin in treatment of patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Med Pharm J Chin PLA 2014; 9:44–6.
12. Bassam M Ayoub. Multifaceted repurposing of Flozins, Glitazones, Gliptins and GLP-1 agonists as potential Pluritherapeutic agents. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(1): 498-504.
13. Higgins JPT, Altman DG, Gotzsche PC, et al. The Cochrane Collaboration’s tool for assessing risk of bias in randomised trials. BMJ 2011;343: d5928
14. Sanjay G. Walode, Avinash V. Kasture. Quantitative planner chromatographic method development for sitagliptin phosphate monohydrate and metformin hydrochloride in presence of their degradation product. Asian J. Research Chem. 8(7): July- 2015; Page 472-480.
15. Ravi Pratap Pulla, B.S. Sastry, Y. Rajendra Prasad, N. Appala Raju. Simultaneous Estimation of Metformin HCL and Sitagliptin Phosphate in Tablet Dosage Forms by RP-HPLC. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 4(4): April 2011; page 646-649.
16. Sachin Patil, B Ramesh, AR Hareesh, Kiran Patil, Ashok Dhokane. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for the Estimation of Sitagliptin Phosphate in Tablet Dosage Form. Asian J. Research Chem. 3(3): July- Sept. 2010; Page 653-655
17. Ku EJ, Jung KY, Kim YJ, et al. Four-year durability of initial combination therapy with sitagliptin and metformin in patients with type 2 diabetes in clinical practice; COSMIC study. PLoS One 2015;6: e129477.
18. Pratley RE, Nauck M, Bailey T, et al. Liraglutide versus sitagliptin for patients with type 2 diabetes who did not have adequate glycaemic control with metformin: a 26-week, randomised, parallel-group, openlabel trial. Lancet 2010; 9724:1447–56.
19. Charbonnel B, Steinberg H, Eymard E, et al. Efficacy and safety over 26 weeks of an oral treatment strategy including sitagliptin compared with an injectable treatment strategy with liraglutide in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus inadequately controlled on metformin: a randomised clinical trial. Diabetologia 2013; 7:1503–11.
20. L. Zang1, Y. Liu2, J. Geng3, Y. Luo4, F. Bian5 et al. Efficacy and safety of liraglutide versus sitagliptin, both in combination with metformin, in Chinese patients with type 2 diabetes: a 26-week, open-label, randomized, active comparator clinical trial. Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism 18: 803–811, 2016.
21. King AB, Montanya E, Pratley RE, et al. Liraglutide achieves A1C targets more often than sitagliptin or exenatide when added to metformin in patients with type 2 diabetes and a baseline A1C<8.0% Endocr Pract 2013;1:64–72.
22. Kaku K, Kiyosue A, Ono Y, et al. Liraglutide is effective and well tolerated in combination with an oral antidiabetic drug in Japanese patients with type 2 diabetes: a randomized, 52-week, open-label, parallel-group trial. J Diabetes Investig 12
23. Davies MJ, Bain SC, Atkin SL, et al. Efficacy and safety of liraglutide versus placebo as add-on to glucose-lowering therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes and moderate renal impairment (LIRA-RENAL): a randomized clinical trial. Diabetes Care 2016; 2:222–30.
24. Rui C, Pei Y, Chunjun L, et al. Comparison of efficacy and safety between liraglutide and sitagliptin in overweight and obese type 2 diabetes patients. Chinese J Diabetes Mellitus 2014; 3:157–62
25. Sonali D. Rathod, P.M. Patil, S. B. Jadhav, P.D. Chaudhari. UV Spectrophotometric Simultaneous Determination of Metformine Hydrochloride and Pioglitazone Hydrochloride in Combined Dosage Form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2(1): Jan.-Mar. 2012; Page 05-09.
26. Tse G, Lai ETH, Tse V, Yeo JM. Molecular and electrophysiological mechanisms underlying cardiac arrhythmogenesis in diabetes mellitus.J Diabetes Res 2016;2016:2848759.
27. Bailey CJ. Metformin: a multitasking medication. Diab Vasc Dis Res2008; 3:156.
28. Sreejith K, Malarkodi Velraj. Association between Metformin and Cognitive impairment–A Review. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(2):1055-1058.
29. Papanas N, Maltezos E, Mikhailidis DP. Metformin: diamonds are forever. Expert Opin Pharmacother 2009; 15:23957.
30. Agerso H, Jensen LB, Elbrond B, et al. The pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, safety and tolerability of NN2211, a new longacting GLP-1 derivative, in healthy men. Diabetologia 2002; 2:195–202.
31. Chwieduk CM. Sitagliptin/metformin fixed-dose combination: in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Drugs 2011; 3:349–61.
32. Buse JB, Rosenstock J, Sesti G, et al. Liraglutide once a day versus exenatide twice a day for type 2 diabetes: a 26-week randomised, parallel-group, multinational, open-label trial (LEAD-6). Lancet 2009; 9683:39–47.
33. Nauck MA, Meininger G, Sheng D, et al. Efficacy and safety of the dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor, sitagliptin, compared with the sulfonylurea, glipizide, in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled on metformin alone: a randomized, double-blind, non-inferiority trial. Diabetes Obes Metab 2007; 2:194–205.