Bharani Pandilla, K. Chitra, C. N. Nalini, Ashok P.
Bharani Pandilla1*, K. Chitra2, C. N. Nalini1, Ashok P.
1Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, C. L. Baid Metha College of Pharmacy, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
2Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research (Deemed to be university), Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2021
A simple, rapid, accurate and economical method has been developed for the quantification of droxidopa by UPLC. The chromatographic system was equipped with Phenomenex column C18 (50mm x 3.0mm, 3µ) as stationary phase and UV detector at 235nm, in conjunction with a mobile phase of buffer: methanol (25:75 % v/v ratio) at a flow rate of 1.0mL/min. Linearity was observed over the concentration range of 100-300µg/mL for droxidopa. The droxidopa peak eluted at 0.35 min. The recovery of Droxidopa was found to be 100.17% - 100.63% respectively. Statistical techniques were employed for the validation of precision, linearity, accuracy, robustness and ruggedness and can be applied for routine analysis. Validation revealed that the developed method was specific, accurate, precise, reliable, robust, reproducible and suitable for the routine quantitative analysis.
Cite this article:
Bharani Pandilla, K. Chitra, C. N. Nalini, Ashok P. Method Development and Validation of Droxidopa by RP-UPLC. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(4):2125-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00376
Bharani Pandilla, K. Chitra, C. N. Nalini, Ashok P. Method Development and Validation of Droxidopa by RP-UPLC. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(4):2125-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00376 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-4-52
1. Mathias CJ. L-dihydroxyphenyl serine (Droxidopa) in the treatment of orthostatic hypotension: the European experience. Clinical Auton Res. 2008; 18: 25–29.
2. Goldstein DS. L-Dihydroxy phenyl serine (L-DOPS) a norepinephrine Prodrug. Cardiovasc. Drug Rev. 2006; 24(3): 189–203.
3. Ankit B. Chaudhary, Ritu D. Patel, Monica J. Hingu. Analytical method development and validation of droxidopa. WJPPS 2017;6(10): 921-932
4. Jack J. Chen L. Arthur Hewitt. Comparison of the pharmacokinetics of Droxidopa after dosing in the fed versus fasted state and with 3-times-daily dosing in healthy elderly subjects. Drugs R D. 2018; 18: 77–86.
5. Venkata Ramu Derangula, Jyothi Thumma, Venkateswarlu Ponneri. Development and validation of LC-MS/MS method for the estimation of droxidopa in human plasma. Int Journal Chem Tech. 2018;11(11); 232–241
6. Validation of Analytical Procedures: Text and Methodology (Q2 (R1). ICH, 2005.
7. Swartz M.E. UPLC: An Introduction and Review. Waters Corporation, Milford, USA. 1259-1260.
8. Jane Jacob, Sreekanth Nadig. A UPLC method for simultaneous estimation of emtricitabine, tenofovir disoproxil fumarate and efavirenz in pharmaceutical dosage forms. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2017; 10(12): 4463-4466.
9. S. Madhavi, A. Prameela Rani. Development and validation of RP-UPLC method for simultaneous estimation of Cobicistat and Darunavir. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2017; 10(12): 4343-4349
10. Sri Datla V.V. S. S. N. Raju, A. Manikandan, S. Venkat Rao. Validation of Simple Isocratic RP-UPLC Method for Glecaprevir and Pibrentasvir determination and its Application in the Study of Stress Degradation. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2019; 12(9): 4299-4304.