A simple, precise and sensitive UV spectrophotometric method has been developed for the estimation of Remogliflozin etabonate in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage Form. Remogliflozin etabonate shows Maximum Absorbance at 229nm. Beer’s law was obeyed in range of 2-10µg/ml. The correlation coefficient was found to be 0.9990. The result of interday and intraday precision shows standard deviation ranging from 0.050% - 0.254% and 0.058% - 0.258% for three concentration and three replicates. The Percentage recovery was found to be in the range of 98.94% - 99.86%. The LOD and LOQ were found to be 0.037µg/ml and 0.113µg/ml respectively. The purposed method was novel and successfully applied for the determination of Remogliflozin Etabonate in Tablet Dosage Form. The method was successfully validated according to ICH guidelines.
Cite this article:
Dave Vidhi, Paresh Patel. Method development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric estimation of Remogliflozin Etabonate in bulk and its tablet dosage form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(4):2042-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00362
Dave Vidhi, Paresh Patel. Method development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric estimation of Remogliflozin Etabonate in bulk and its tablet dosage form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(4):2042-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00362 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-4-38
1. https://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB12935, accessed on August 2019.
2. https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/9871420, accessed on August 2019.
3. Kapur A, Robin O’Connor-Semmes. First human dose-escalation study with Remogliflozin etabonate elaborate, a selective inhibitor of the sodium-glucose transporter 2 (SGLT2), in healthy subjects and in subjects with type 2 diabetes mellitus. BMC Pharmacology and Toxicology, 2013, 14(26).
4. Beckett A H., and Stenlake J B. Practical Pharmaceutical Chemistry. part-ii, 4th Edn; CBS publishers and distributors. India, 1997. 281.
5. Davidson A G., Ultra-visible absorption Spectrophotometry. Practical Pharmaceutical chemistry. 4th Edn, part-ii, CBS publisher and distributors, 1997, 275-337
6. Ankita B Tayade, Amod S Patil, Atul A Shrikhedekar. Development and Validation of zero Order UV-Spectrophotometric Method by Area under Curve Technique and High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography for the estimation of Remogliflozin Etabonate in Bulk and In house Tablets. Inventi Rapid: Pharm Analysis& Quality Assurance, 2019(3):1-5.
7. ICH Guideline Q2 (R1), Validation of Analytical Procedures, Methodology, 1996, 1.
8. Mahawar Sheetal. A Simple Ultraviolet Spectrophotometric Method for the Estimation of Docetexel in Bulk Drug and Formulation. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis.3 (2): 2013: 48-52.
9. Patel Juhee J, Henal Chorawala, Zana R. Dedania, S.M. Vijendraswamy. Development and Validation of UV Spectroscopic Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Doxofylline and Terbutaline Sulphate in Combined Dosage Form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis.5 (2); 2015: 74-78.
10. Suman Pattanayak, A. Alekhya Prasanna, Ch. Kiranmayi, K.Padmalatha. Analytical UV Spectroscopic Method Development and Validation for the Estimation of Mycophenolate Mofetil. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis.5 (4):2015: 209-213.
11. Shubhangi C. Daswadkar, Jyoti D Gaikwad. Determination of Zolmitriptan in Solid Dosage Form by UV Spectroscopic Method Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology.2019; 9(4): 244-248.
12. N. Jagruthi, Shalem K., Vijaya Sri, M.A. Development and Validation of UV Spectroscopic Method for the estimation of Sofosbuvir in and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry.2018; 11(3): 563-568.
13. Dipti G. Phadtare, Amol R. Pawar, Rajasri. Kulkarmi, Govind K. Patil. Validated UV Spectroscopic Method for Estimation of Montelukast Sodium from Bulk and Tablet Formulations. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2016;9(7): 335-338
14. Pankaj Savani, Vineet Jain, Hasumati Raj, Sagar Patel. A Review: Determination of Clopidogrel Bisulphate in Biological Fluid and Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Form and Technology. 8(1): 2016; 66-70.4-577.
15. Kumaraswamy G., J.M. Rajendrakumar, J.V.L.N. Sheshagirirao, U. Ashok Kumar, M. Arunadevi. Spectrophotometric Determination of Tenatoprazole in Bulk Drug and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 4(4): April 2011; Page 574-577.
16. Prafulla M Sabale, Jignesh Chavda, Vidya Sabale. Simple Spectrophotometric Methods for the Determination of Zn-Sparfloxacin 1, 10 – Phenanthroline Mofetal complex. Research Journal of pharmacy and Technology. 6(6); 2013: 614-617.
17. Garlapati Mandeep, Nazare Lobo John Shane, Girish Pai, Muddukrishna Badamane . Development and Validation of a UV Spectroscopic Method to Estimate Etoricoxib in Bulk and Tablet Formulation. Research Journal of pharmacy and Technology.2018; 11(2): 758-760.
18. DVS Roopa Sirisha, Doppa, Satish Kumar Konidala, Sheik Khanabhi. Development and Validation of a UV Spectroscopic Method for the Determination of Ranolazine in Bulk and Formulation. Research Journal of pharmacy and Technology.2019; 12(10): 5007-5010.