Manganese (II) and Zinc (II) Complexes with O-aminobenzylidenenicotinamide were synthesized. And characterized by using physicochemical Technique and spectroscopic analysis such as melting point determination, conductivity measurements, Molar efraction (CHN elemental analysis) and infrared spectroscopy (1H NMR ,13C-NMR), The antibacterial activity of the prepared complexes was screened against several bacterial strains namely S. aureus, E. coli, Proteus mirabilis and P. aeruginosa. The antibacterial screening tests elicit that both complexes besides Schiff bases exhibited promising antibacterial activity against these microorganisms so that they are of improved antibacterial activity than the parent drugs. The above ligand formed ionic complexes having general formulae [M (OABNA)2]X2 in neutral medium having octahedral geometries, M= Mn, Zn, X= Cl, NO3, CH3COO, OABNA = ortho-aminobenzylidenenicotinamide, hexa coordinated mononuclear, complexes were investigated by this study.
Cite this article:
Rana R. Abed, Amena E. Ahmed. Some Complexes of Zink (II) and Manganese (II) with Schiff Base derived from Nicotinamide, Synthesis and Characterization, Antibacterial Evaluation. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2021; 14(3):1711-1715. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00304.8
1. Sabbir Sarker, M. Q. Ehsan. Preparation and Characterization OF Toxic Metal Complexes of Nicotinamide and Nicotinic Acid.J. Bangladesh Acad. Sci. 2017; 41: 37-45
2. A. Lawal, P. A. Ayanwale, J. A. Obaleye, A. O. Rajee, H. F. Babamale, M. Lawal. Synthesis, Characterization and Biological Studies of Mixed Ligands Nicotinamide- Trimethoprim Complexes. International Journal of Chemical, Material and Environmental Research. 2017; 4 (1): 97-101
3. Selcuk Demir, Veysel T. Yilmaz, Bahtiyar Sariboga, Orhan Buyukgungor, Jerzy Mrozinski. Metal (II) Nicotinamide Complexes Containing Succinato, Succinate and Succinic Acid: Synthesis, Crystal Structures, Magnetic, Thermal, Antimicrobial and Fluorescent Properties. Journal of Inorganic and Organometallic Polymers and Materials. 2010; 20: 220–228.
4. Ahlam Jameel Abdulghani, Rasha Khuder Hussain. Synthesis and Characterization of Schiff Base Metal Complexes Derived from Cefotaxime with 1H-indole-2,3-dione (Isatin) and 4-N,N-dimethyl-aminobenzaldehyde. Open Journal of Inorganic Chemistry. 2015; 5: 83-101.
5. Abdul Karem Le Kaak and Mahdi S. H. Spectroscopic, Structural and Antibacterial Activity of Mixed Ligand Complexes from Schiff Base with Anthranilic Acid. Journal of Physics: Conf. Series. 2019; 1234
6. Yass, I. A. Synthesis of substituted 1, 3-Oxazepine and 1, 3- Diazepine via Schiff Bases for Selfamethoxazole drug. K. J. Pharm. Sci. 2010; 1: 49-58.
7. Vogel, A. I.: Textbook of Practical Organic Chemistry. Longman Green, London. 1964: 3rd Ed; PP. 722
8. Ashraf S. Hassan, Ahmed A. Askar, Eman S. Nossier, Ahmed M. Naglah, Gaber O. Moustafa and Mohamed A. Al- Omar. Antibacterial Evaluation, In Silico Characters and Molecular Docking of Schi_ Bases Derived from 5-aminopyrazoles. Molecules. 2019; 24. 3130; doi:10.3390/ molecules24173130
9. Chakravarty, A. R. Photo cleavage of DNA by copper (II) complexes. J. Chem. Sci. 2006; 118(6): PP. 443-453
10. Geary, W. J. Use of conductivity measurements inorganic solvents for the characterization of coordination compounds. Coord. Chem. Rev. 1981; 7, PP. 81
11. Kulaksizoğlu, S., Gökçe, C., Gup, R.: Asymmetric bis (bidentate) azine ligand and transition metal complexes: Synthesis, characterization, DNA-binding and cleavage studies and extraction properties for selected metals and dichromate anions. J. Chil. Chem. Soc .2012; 57(3): PP. 1213-1218
12. Lee J. D. Concise Inorganic Chemistry, Chapman and Hall: London. 4th ed. 1991; PP. 607- 1074.
13. Pretsch EM., Badertscher M., B Uhlmann PH. Structure Determination of Organic Compounds Tables of Spectral Data. Fourth Edition, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg. 2009; pp 52-84
14. Baluja Shipra Chanda Sumitra, Ganguly Sushmita, Oza Swati 1 and Nandha Kajal. Synthesis and antimicrobial screening of some Schiff bases: GSC Biological and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2019; 09(03). PP. 099–108
15. Jawetz, E., Melnick, J. L., Adelberg, E. A. Review of Medical Microbiology. Middle East Ed., Appleton and Lamage Libieividu Liban. 1987; 17th Ed, PP. 71-73, 136.