P. Mounika, KNV. Chenchu Lakshmi, M. Sowjanya, M. Rama Ayyappa, G. Ravindra
P. Mounika1, KNV. Chenchu Lakshmi2*, M. Sowjanya3, M. Rama Ayyappa1, G. Ravindra1
1Department of Analysis, A.K.R.G College of Pharmacy, Nallajerlla, Andhra Pradesh, India.
2*Department of Chemistry, QIS College of Pharmacy, Vengamukkapalem, Ongole, Andhra Pradesh, India.
3Department of Chemistry, Vijaya Teja Degree College, Addanki, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2021
A set of novel schiff bases (C1-C4) were synthesised by conventional method. The purity and progress of the reaction was done by thin layer chromatography and characterisation by IR spectroscopy. The derivatives have been screened for their antimicrobial activity by the disc plate diffusion technique using DMSO as solvent on different species of pathogenic bacteria that is E. coli and S. aureus. It has been found that all the derivatives were active against both the organisms, but more effective towards E. coli. The results obtained from molinspiration cheminformatics revealed that all the compounds obeyed Lipinski rule of five with high bioactive scores for compound C3 as enzyme inhibitor (0.44) and compound C4 for protease inhibition (0.26). The BOILED egg predicted that out of four compounds, C3 is outside of the range of the plot.
Cite this article:
P. Mounika, KNV. Chenchu Lakshmi, M. Sowjanya, M. Rama Ayyappa, G. Ravindra. Synthesis, Characterization, Insilico and Invitro Screening of newly Synthesized Schiff Bases. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2021; 14(3):1663-1667. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00295.X
P. Mounika, KNV. Chenchu Lakshmi, M. Sowjanya, M. Rama Ayyappa, G. Ravindra. Synthesis, Characterization, Insilico and Invitro Screening of newly Synthesized Schiff Bases. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2021; 14(3):1663-1667. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00295.X Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-3-84
1. Dhar DN, Taploo CL. Schiff-bases and their applications. Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research. 1982;41 (8): 501-6.
2. B. S. Sathe, E. Jaychandran, V. A. Jagtap, and G. M. Sreenivasa, Synthesis characterization and anti-inflammatory evaluation of new fluorobenzothiazole schiff's bases. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Development. 2011; 3(3): 164–169.
3. S. M. Sondhi, N. Singh, A. Kumar, O. Lozach, and L. Meijer Synthesis, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and kinase (CDK-1, CDK-5 and GSK-3) inhibition activity evaluation of benzimidazole/benzoxazole derivatives and some Schiff's bases. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry. 2006; 14(11): 3758–3765.
4. R. Miri, N. Razzaghi-asl, and M. K. Mohammadi.QM study and conformational analysis of an isatin Schiff base as a potential cytotoxic agent. Journal of Molecular Modeling. 2013;19(2): 727–735.
5. K. Chaubey and S. N. Pandeya. Synthesis and anticonvulsant activity (Chemo Shock) of Schiff and Mannich bases of Isatin derivatives with 2-Amino pyridine (mechanism of action). International Journal of Pharm Tech Research. 2012; 4( 4): 590–598.
6. M Manoj Kumar and KNV Chenchu Lakshmi Maddumala Sowjanya, Baratam Anupama, R Satyavani Synthesis, characterisation, physiochemical properties and biological evaluation of some novel 2-(3-oxo- dihydro-2h-indol-2-ylidene) hydrazinecarboxmide Schiff bases The Pharma Innovation Journal. 2018; 7 (10): 341-351.
7. Bhattacharya, V. C. Purohit, and F. Rinaldi. Environmentally friendly solvent-free processes: novel dual catalyst system in Henry reaction. Organic Process Research and Development.2003; 7(3): 254–258.
8. Kumar, A. and Kulkarani D. Schiff Bases Metal Complexes in Biological Applications. Mini Review, 2017;5 (1): 001-27.
9. K. Mounika, B. Anupama, J. Pragathi, and C. Gyanakumari. Synthesis, characterization and biological activity of a Schiff base derived from 3-ethoxy salicylaldehyde and 2-amino benzoic acid and its transition metal complexes. Journal of Scientific Research. 2010; 2( 3): 513–524
10. Thangarasu P, Selvi ST, Manikandan A. Unveiling novel 2-cyclopropyl-3-ethynyl-4-(4-fluorophenyl) quinolines as GPCR ligands via PI3-kinase/PAR-1 antagonism and platelet aggregation valuations; development of a new class of anticancer drugs with thrombolytic effects. Bioorganic Chemistry. 2018 ; 1(81)468-80.
11. Daina A, Michielin O, Zoete V. SwissADME: a free web tool to evaluate pharmacokinetics, drug-likeness and medicinal chemistry friendliness of small molecules. Scientific Reports. 2017 ; 3(7): 42717.
12. PV Naveen, B Susmitha, G Jhansi, G Chaitanya, B Anupama, KNV Chenchu Lakshmi. Synthesis and Antibacterial studies of new sulfonyl benzocoumarin derivatives. International Journal of Reserch in Pharmacy and Chemistry. 2013; 3(4): 808-812