Hydrogels are described as three dimensionally organized hydrophilic polymers which distend in water and can withhold massive proportions of water besides altering their shape as they represent bodily or chemical cross-links of man or woman polymeric chains. In this article, formulation, characterization and evaluation method of hydrogel with carbopol 940 and 904 has been described.
Cite this article:
Aditya Sharma, Jashanpreet Kaur, Anju Goyal. Carbopol 940 Vs Carbol 904: A better Polymer for Hydrogel Formulation. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2021; 14(3):1561-1564. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00275.4
Aditya Sharma, Jashanpreet Kaur, Anju Goyal. Carbopol 940 Vs Carbol 904: A better Polymer for Hydrogel Formulation. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2021; 14(3):1561-1564. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00275.4 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-3-65
1. Ahmed E. Hydrogel: Preparation, characterization, and applications: A review. Journal of Advanced Research. 2015; 6(2): 105-121.
2. Ahmad S, Ahmad M, Manzoor K, Purwar R, Ikram S. A Evaluation on present day improvements in herbal gums primarily based hydrogels: Preparations and applications. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. 2019; 136: 870-890.
3. Ubaid M, Ilyas S, Mir S, Khan A, Rashid R, Khan M et al. Formulation and in vitro assessment of carbopol 934-based modified clotrimazole gel for topical application. Anais da Academia Brasileira de Ciências. 2016; 88(4): 2303-2317.
4. Jilsha G, Viswanad V. Nanosponge Loaded Hydrogel of Cephalexin for Topical Delivery. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 2015; 6(7): 2781-89.
5. Chaudhary H, Rohilla A, Rathee P, Kumar V. Optimization and system sketch of carbopol loaded Piroxicam gel the usage of novel penetration enhancers. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. 2013; 55: 246-253.
6. Cevc G, Blume G, Schätzlein A. Transfersomes-mediated transepidermal shipping improves the regio-specificity and organic pastime of corticosteroids in vivo. Journal of Controlled Release. 1997; 45(3): 211-226.
7. Aiyalu R, Govindarajan A, Ramasamy A. Formulation and contrast of topical natural gel for the therapy of arthritis in animal model. Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2016; 52(3): 493-507.
8. Dandagi P, Pandey P, Gadad A, Mastiholimath V. Formulation and Evaluation of Microemulsion Based Luliconazole Gel for Topical Delivery. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Education and Research. 2020; 54(2): 293-301.
9. Mahinroosta M, Jomeh Farsangi Z, Allahverdi A, Shakoori Z. Hydrogels as wise materials: A short evaluation of synthesis, houses and applications. Materials Today Chemistry. 2018; 8:42-55.