Ari Triwardhani, Intan Oktaviona, Ida Bagus Narmada, Alexander Patera Nugraha
Ari Triwardhani*, Intan Oktaviona, Ida Bagus Narmada, Alexander Patera Nugraha
1Orthodontics Department, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Airlangga University, Surabaya, Indonesia.
2Biomolecular Biochemistry Department, Faculty of Medicine, Brawijaya University, Malang, Indonesia.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2021
Heat shock protein (HSP)-70 expressed in the fibroblast of periodontal ligament after orthodontic tooth movement (OTM) was applied. Bifidobacterium probiotics regulate the number of osteoclasts through controlling the inflammation via Nuclear Factor Kappa Beta (NFKB) and increased cytoprotection by HSP induction. This study aimed to examine the effect of Bifidobacterium probiotic on HSP-70 expression and osteoclast number during OTM in the compression side of Wistar rats (Rattus novergicus). This research was a true experimental study which used post-test only group design. 42-healthy-Wistar rats (R. novergicus) were blind randomly divided into 6 groups; K1: OTM for 3 days; K2: OTM for 7 days; K3: OTM for 14 days; KP1: OTM and administration of Bifidobacterium probiotic for 3 days; KP2: OTM and administration of Bifidobacterium probiotic for 7 days; KP3: OTM and administration of Bifidobacterium probiotic for 14 days. OTM model was made by installed closed-coil spring with 10g/mm2 force. Bifidobacterium probiotic was orally administered with 10mL/day by means of oral gavage at 1.5 x 108 CFU/mL dose every day. Immunohistochemical analyses were performed in all study groups. One-way ANOVA and LSD test (p<0.05) were performed to compare between groups. The highest HSP-70 expression was discovered in K3 control group and the greatest osteoclast number was found in KP1 control group. The lowest HSP-70 expression and osteoclast number were found in KP3 group with significant between groups. Bifidobacterium probiotic decreased the expression of HSP-70 and osteoclast number during the orthodontic tooth movement in 14 days in the compression side.
Cite this article:
Ari Triwardhani, Intan Oktaviona, Ida Bagus Narmada, Alexander Patera Nugraha. The Effect of Bifidobacterium Probiotic on Heat Shock Protein-70 Expression and Osteoclast Number during Orthodontic Tooth Movement in Rats (Rattus novergicus). Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2021; 14(3):1477-1481. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00262.6
1. Hisham PBBM, Narmada IB, Alida A, Rahmawati D, Nugraha AP, Putranti NA. Effects of Vitamin D in Alveolar Bone Remodeling on Osteoblast Numbers and Bone Alkaline Phosphatase Expression in Pregnant Rats During Orthodontic Tooth Movement. J Orofac Sci 2019; 11: 79-83
2. Narmada IB, Husodo KRD, Ardani IGAW, Rahmawati D, Nugraha AP, Iskandar RPD. Effect of Vitamin D during Orthodontic Tooth Movement on Receptor Activator of Nuclear Factor Kappa-B Ligand Expression and Osteoclast Number in Pregnant Wistar Rat (Rattus novergicus). JKIMSU 2019; 8(1): 38-42.
3. Nareswari RAAR, Narmada IB, Djaharu’ddin I, Rahmawati D, Putranti NAR, Nugraha AP. Effect of vitamin D administration on vascular endothelial growth factor expression and angiogenesis number in orthodontic tooth movement of pregnant Wistar rats. J Postgrad Med Inst 2019; 33(3): 182-8.
4. Sharmin S, Zakir H. Prevalence and factors related to malocclusion, normative and perceived orthodontic treatment need among children and adolescents in Bangladesh. Dental Press J. Orthod. 2019; 24( 3 ): 44.e1-44.e9.
5. Sitasari PI, Narmada IB, Hamid T, Triwardhani A, Nugraha AP, Rahmawati D. East Java green tea methanolic extract can enhance RUNX2 and Osterix expression during orthodontic tooth movement in vivo. J Pharm Pharmacogn Res 2020; 8(4): 290–298
6. Rezkita F, Wibawa KGP, Nugraha AP. Curcumin loaded Chitosan Nanoparticle for Accelerating the Post Extraction Wound Healing in Diabetes Mellitus Patient: A Review. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 13(2): February 2020.1039
7. Nugraha AP, Rezkita F, Putra KG, Narmada IB, Ernawati DS, Rantam FA. Triad Tissue Engineering: Gingival Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Platelet Rich Fibrin and Hydroxyapatite Scaffold to ameliorate Relapse Post Orthodontic Treatment. Biochem. Cell. Arch. 2019; 19(2): 3689-3693.
8. Nugraha AP, Narmada IB, Sitasari PI, Inayati F, Wira R, Triwardhani A, et al. High mobility group box 1 and heat shock protein-70 expression post (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate in East Java green tea methanolic extract administration during orthodontic tooth movement in wistar rats. Pesqui Bras Odontopediatria Clín Integr. 2020; 20:e5347.
9. Susmi MS, Kumar RS, Sreelakshmi V, Menon SV, Mohan S, Suja ST, Sathianarayanan, Asha MAA. Computational approach for identification of Phytochemicals for targeting and optimizing the inhibitors of Heat shock proteins. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2015; 8(9): 1199-1204.
10. Li Y, Jacox LA, Little SH, Ko CC. Orthodontic tooth movement: The biology and clinical implications. Kaohsiung J Med Sci. 2018 Apr; 34(4): 207-214.
11. Hermawan RW, Narmada IB, Djaharu’ddin I, Nugraha AP, Rahmawati D. The Influence of Epigallocatechin Gallate on the Nuclear Factor Associated T Cell-1 and Sclerostin Expression in Wistar Rats (Rattus novergicus) during the Orthodontic Tooth Movement. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(4): 1730-1734.
12. Hikida T, Yamaguchi M, Shimizu M, Kikuta J, Yoshino T, Kasai K. Comparisons of orthodontic root resorption under heavy and jiggling reciprocating forces during experimental tooth movement in a rat model. Korean J Orthod. 2016; 46(4): 228–241.
13. Inayati F, Narmada IB, Ardani IGAW, Nugraha AP, Rahmawati D. Post Oral Administration of Epigallocatechin Gallate from Camelia sinensis Extract Enhances Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor and Fibroblast Growth Factor Expression during Orthodontic Tooth Movement in Wistar Rats. JKIMSU 2020; 9(1): 58-65.
14. Moorthy MK, Nayak BK, Nanda A. Antioxidant and antitumor activity of lactic bacteria isolated from natural beverage - Coconut toddy. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2017; 10(12): 4317-4320.
15. Chauhan SB, Singh V, Chauhan R. Enteric coated Microbeads as a Potential Delivery System for improved probiotic effect of Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2019; 12(12): 6049-6056.
16. Hossain MK, Nahar K, Shokryazdan P, Abdullah N, Hamid K, Jahromi MF. Probiotic Potential of Lactic Acid Bacteria Isolated from Cheese, Yogurt and Poultry Faeces. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2017; 10(9): 2991-2998.
17. Swathi KV. Probiotics –A Human Friendly Bacteria. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2016; 9(8): 1260-1262.
18. Allaker RP, Stephen AS. Use of Probiotics and Oral Health. Curr Oral Health Rep. 2017;4(4): 309–318.
19. Foureaux RC, Messora MR, de Oliveira LF, Napimoga MH, Pereira AN, Ferreira MS, Pereira LJ. Effects of probiotic therapy on metabolic and inflammatory parameters of rats with ligature-induced periodontitis associated with restraint stress. J Periodontol. 2014; 85(7): 975-83.
20. Pazzini CA, Pereira LJ, da Silva TA, Montalvany-Antonucci CC, Macari S, Marques LS, de Paiva SM. Probiotic consumption decreases the number of osteoclasts during orthodontic movement in mice. Archives of Oral Biology, 24 Feb 2017, 79 :30-34
21. Xiao W, Wang Y, Pacios S, Li S, Graves DT. Cellular and Molecular Aspects of Bone Remodeling. Front Oral Biol. 2016; 18: 9-16
22. Mohammed ZI, Hassan AJ. Effect of Bee venom on gene expression of HSP70 and IL-1β in male rats induced by arthritis in comparison with Prednisolone drug. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2019; 12(11): 5269-5274.
23. Narmada IB, Rubianto M, Putra ST. The effect of low-level light therapy on orthodontic tooth movement rate, heat shock protein 70, and matrix metallopreteinase 8 expression: Animal study. Dent Res J (Isfahan). 2020; 17(1): 73–79.
24. Kaneko-Tanaka K, Kurokawa A, Mitsuhashi M, Fujita S, Goseki T, Yamaguchi M, Kasai K. Expression of Heat Shock Protein 70 in the Periodontal Ligament During Orth-odontic Tooth Movement. Int J Oral-M ed Sci 9 (2): 115-121, 2010.
25. Triwardhani A. Regulation Mechanism of Alveolar Bone Remodeling during Orthodontic Tooth Movement induced by Lactobacillus Casei. Disertation Airlangga University. 2016;58.
26. Park H. Effect of Salivary Streptococci mutans and Lactobacilli levels after uptake of the Probiotic for Clinical Trial. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2017; 10(9): 2984-2988.
27. Cheryomushkina IV, Korneeva OS. Innovative Biotechnology Probiotic Feed Additives C and Immunostimulatory Effects. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2017; 10(4): 1165-1167.