Rana F. Jasim, Thikra A. Allwsh
Ranafadhel75@gmail.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Rana F. Jasim1*, Thikra A. Allwsh2
1Department of Chemistry, Collage of Education for Girls, University of Mosul, Mosul, Iraq.
2Department of Chemistry, Collage of Science, University of Mosul, Mosul, Iraq.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2021
The research included determination of the level of orexin-A hormone in coronary heart patients and compared to the control group. The results showed that the normal mean level of Orexin A hormone in serum was (344. 47± 6.51pg/mol) in control group for both sexes with ages range between (20-more of 50) year and there was a significant decrease in level of Orexin A in coronary heart patients compared to control group. Also, it has been found that Orexin A level was not affected by age and sex, while there was a significant decrease in hormone level according to body mass index (BMI), also a significant decrease in hormone level in smoking patients compared to non-smoking has been found. The results showed a significantly increase of activity enzymes Peroxidase, Lactate dehydrogenase, Creatine Kinase and concentration of Cyststin-C, Copper, total cholesterol, triglyceride, low density lipoprotein-cholesterol and very low density lipoprotein-cholesterol also the results showed a significantly decreasing of Arylestase activity and concentration of high density lipoprotein-cholesterol in patients compared to control group. Correlation coefficients of Orexin A hormone with some clinical parameters were examined in control and patients. The results showed that Orexin A has a significant negative correlation with concentration of total cholesterol, triglyceride, LDL-C, VLDL-C, cystatin-c, copper and peroxidase activity in control and patients group, and with Iron in control group. Also, there was a significant positive correlation with concentration of HDL-C and Arylesterase activity in control and patients group. It was concluded that low level of Orexin A hormone is a risk of coronary heart disease and Orxine A has a critical role in coronary heart disease. Moreover, the level of the hormone could be used as a marker for coronary heart disease and its role of obesity.
Cite this article:
Rana F. Jasim, Thikra A. Allwsh. Orexin A hormone and its relation to Coronary heart diseases. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2021; 14(3):1417-1422. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00253.5
Rana F. Jasim, Thikra A. Allwsh. Orexin A hormone and its relation to Coronary heart diseases. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2021; 14(3):1417-1422. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00253.5 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-3-41
1. Malakar A K, Choudhury D, Halder B, Paul P, Uddin A, Chakraborty S. A Review on Coronary Artery Disease, Its Risk Factors, and Therapeutics. Journal of Cellular Physiology. 2019;1–12.
2. Kandaswamy E, Zuo L. Recent Advances in Treatment of Coronary Artery Disease: Role of Science and Technology. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 2018; 19(424).
3. Patel V H et al. Functional Cardiac Orexin Receptors: Role of Orexin-B / Orexin 2 Receptor in Myocardial Protection. Clinical Science. 2018; 132: 2547–64.
4. Lim G B. Sleep Reduces Haematopoiesis and Atherosclerosis via a Neuroimmune Axis. Nature Reviews Cardiology. 2019; 16(4): 199.
5. McAlpine CS et al. Sleep Modulates Haematopoiesis and Protects against Atherosclerosis. Nature. 2019; 566(7744): 383–87.
6. Wang C, Wang Q, Ji B, Pan Y, Xu C, Cheng B, Bai B, Chen J. The Orexin/Receptor System: Molecular Mechanism and Therapeutic Potential for Neurological Diseases. Frontiers in Molecular Neuroscience. Frontiers in Molecular Neuroscience. 2018;11: 1–16.
7. Peyron C, Kilduff T S. Mapping the Hypocretin / Orexin Neuronal System: An Unexpectedly Productive Journey. The Journal of Neuroscience. 2017;37(9): 2268–72.
8. Chieffi S et al. Orexin System: The Key for a Healthy Life. Frontiers in Physiology. 2017; 8 (357):1–9.
9. Zhou W et al. Activation of Orexin System Facilitates Anesthesia Emergence and Pain Control. PNAS. 2018; 115(45): 10740- 47.
10. Greene E, Khaldi S, Ishola P, Bottje W, Ohkubo T, Anthony N, Dridi S. Heat and Oxidative Stress Alter the Expression of Orexin and Its Related Receptors in Avian Liver Cells. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part A, Molecular & integrative physiology. 2016; 191: 18–24.
11. Tsuchimine S et al. Reduced Plasma Orexin-A Levels in Patients with Bipolar Disorder. Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment., 2019; 15: 2221–30.
12. Tomas M, Senti M, Gareia F, Vila J, Marrugat J. Effect of simvastatin therapy on paraoxonase a activity and related lipoprotein in familial hyper cholesterolemic patients. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2000; 20:2 113-2123.
13. Allwsh T, Jasim R. Study of arylesterase Its relationship with some clinical variables in atherosclerotic patients in mosul. Rafidain journal of science. 2008; 2 (19): 143-157.
14. Nelson J L, Kulkarn A P. Partial purification and characterization of peroxidase activity from human placenta. Biochemical Journal. 1990; 268: 79-747
15. Burtis C A, Ashwood E R. Tietz Textbook of Clinical Chemistry. W.B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia.1999; pp. 469-490.
16. Fischbach F. A Manual of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests. 6th ed. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, U.S.A. 2000; p. 472
17. Bo M S, Cheah W L, Lwin S, Nwe T M, Win T T, Aung M. Understanding the Relationship between Atherogenic Index of Plasma and Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors among Staff of an University in Malaysia. Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism. 2018; (3): 1-6.
18. Saravanan G, Kalaiselvi B, Reddy G P. Hypolipidemic effect of zignidd (polyherbal formulation) in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. International Journal of Drug Formulation and Research. 2011; 2(6): 151-160.
19. Kolimechkov S. Body Mass Index. STK Sport UK. 2016.
20. Kirkwood B R. Essentials of Medical Statistics. 1st ed., Black well Scientific Publication, Oxford. 1988; pp. 43-56.
21. Lin J, Yan G T, Hao X H, Zhang K, Wang L H, Xue H. Establishment and Primary Application of a Highly-Sensitive Orexin-A Radioimmunoassay. Journal of Immunoassay & Immunochemistry. 2004; 25(1): 45–55.
22. Kanbayashi T et al. Hypocretin-1 (Orexin-A) Levels in Human Lumbar CSF in Different Age Groups: Infants to Elderly Persons. SLEEP. 2002; 25(3): 5–7.
23. Wang J et al. New Insights into the Association between Fibrinogen and Coronary Atherosclerotic Plaque Vulnerability: An Intravascular Optical Coherence Tomography Study. cardiovascular therapeutics. 2019; 2019(8563717): 12.
24. Grafe L A, Bhatnagar S. Orexins and Stress. Frontiers in Neuroendocrinology. 2018; 18.
25. Skrzypski M, Billert M, Nowak KW, Strowski M Z. The Role of Orexin in Controlling the Activity of the Adipo-Pancreatic Axis. Journal of Endocrinology. 2018; 238: R95–108.
26. Messina G et al. Role of Autonomic Nervous System and Orexinergic System on Adipose Tissue. Frontiers in Physiology 2017; 8(137): 1–9.
27. Aşçibaşi K, Deveci A, Özyurt B C, Pirinçcioğlu A O, Taneli F. Relationships between Nicotine Craving, Orexin- Leptin Levels and Temperament Character Traits among Non-Treatment Seeking Health Professionals. Psychiatry and Clinical Psychopharmacology. 2018; 28 (4): 386–93.
28. Goltz C et al. Orexin and Leptin Are Associated with Nicotine Craving: A Link between Smoking, Appetite and Reward. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2010; 35(4): 570–77.
29. Kim HJ, Byun DW, Suh, K, Yoo MH, Park H K. Association between Serum Cystatin C and Vascular Complications in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus without Nephropathy. Diabetes & Metabolism Journal. 2018; 42:513–18.
30. Zhao R, Li Y, Dai W. Serum Cystatin C and the Risk of Coronary Heart Disease in Ethnic Chinese Patients with Normal Renal Function. American Society for Clinical Pathology. 2016; 47(1):13–19.
31. Martucheli K F, Domingueti CP. Clinical Usefulness of Cystatin C to Assess the Prognosis of Acute Coronary Syndromes: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. International Journal of Cardiovascular Sciences. 2018; 31(3): 290–307
32. Wang J, Wang F. The Detection Value of CK-MB, Myo and CTnIin in Patients with AMI and HF. Biomedical Research. 2017; 28(19): 8533–36.
33. Aydin S, Ugur K, Aydin S, Sahin İ, Yardim M. Biomarkers in Acute Myocardial Infarction: Current Perspectives. Vascular Health and Risk Management. 2019; 15: 1–10.
34. Pochhi M, Muddeshwar MG. Serum Enzymes Markers in Myocardial Infarction: A Study of Rural Area Mamata. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences, 2017; 8(2): 34–37.
35. Allwsh T A. Clinical Study of Adiponectin Hormone and its Relation with some Variables in Cardiovascular Patients in Nineveh Province. Rafidain journal of science. 2013; 24(2): 64-5
36. Li C et al. Relationship of High-Density Arylesterase Activity to Systolic Heart Failure in Patients with and without Type 2 Diabetes. Nature. 2019; 9(5979): 1–8.
37. Bost M, Houdart S, Oberli M, Kalonji E, Huneau J, Margaritis I. Dietary Copper and Human Health: Current Evidence and Unresolved Issues. Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology. 2016; 35: 107–15.
38. Manita D, Yoshida H, Hirowatari Y. Cholesterol Levels of Six Fractionated Serum Lipoproteins and Its Relevance to Coronary Heart Disease Risk Scores. Journal of Atherosclerosis and Thrombosis. 2017; 24: 928–39.
39. Sun M, Wanga W, Lib Q, Yuana T, Weng W. Orexin A May Suppress in Fl Ammatory Response in Fi Broblast-like Synoviocytes. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy. 2018; 107(321): 763–68.
40. Nowak WN, Deng J, Ruan X Z, Xu Q. Reactive Oxygen Species Generation and Atherosclerosis. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2017; 37(5): 41-52.
41. El-Sedeek M, Korish AA, Deef MM. Plasma Orexin-A Levels in Postmenopausal Women: Possible Interaction with Estrogen and Correlation with Cardiovascular Risk Status. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 2010; 117(4): 488–92.
42. Digby J E, Chen J, Tang JY, Lehnert H, Matthews RN, Randeva HS. Orexin Receptor Expression in Human Adipose Tissue: Effects of Orexin-A and Orexin-B. Journal of Endocrinology. 2006; 191(1): 129–36.
43. Pruszynska-Oszmalek E, Kolodziejski PA, Kaczmarek P, Sassek M. Orexin A but Not Orexin B Regulates Lipid Metabolism and Leptin Secretion in Isolated Porcine Adipocytes. Domestic Animal Endocrinology. 2018; 63.
44. Gupta V, Mishra S, Kumar S, Mishra S. Association of Circulating Orexin-A Level with Metabolic Risk Factors in North Indian Pre-Menopausal Women. Indian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology. 2015; 59(4): 422–27.
45. Allwsh T A, Mohammad JA. Clinical Study of Obestatin Hormone and its Relation to Diabetes Mellitus. Rafidain journal of science. 2013; 24(4): 74-87.