The present study was aimed to develop a novel, simple, rapid accurate and precise, stability-indicating reversed-phase Ultra-performance liquid chromatography method for the simultaneous estimation of Atazanavir and Cobicistat in bulk and tablet dosage forms.The chromatographic elution was achieved in isocratic mode using the combination of Atazanavir and Cobicistat in the ratio of 0.01N KH2PO4 and Acetonitrile (70:30%v/v) using a HHS C18 column which has specification (100× 2.1mm, 1.8µ) and the flow rate of 0.3ml/min and wavelength detection at 237.0nm. The retention time obtained for Atazanavir and Cobicistat was 1.309 min, 1.607 min respectively. Atazanavir and Cobicistat their combination drug product were exposed to acidic, alkali, thermal, photolytic, and oxidative stress conditions. The current method was validated according to the ICH guidelines for accuracy, precision, linearity, specificity, and sensitivity.
Cite this article:
Venkata Padmini M., Gowri Sankar D. Stability Indicating RP-UPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Atazanavir and Cobicistat in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Forms. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2021; 14(3):1412-1416. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00252.3
1. Atazanavir, Drug available at https://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/ DBO1072
2. Cobicistat, Drug available at https://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/ DBO9065
3. Devailal J, Narottam Pal, Sumalatha K, Srinivasa Rao A. New method development and validation for simultaneous determination of Atazanavir and Cobicistat in bulk and tablet dosage form by UPLC. Scholars Research Library. 2018; 10(6):1-9.
4. Leela Madhuri D. Bio analytical method development and validation for simultaneous estimation of Atazanavir and Cobicistat by RP-HPLC in human plasma. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2016; 4(7): 2.
5. Sindu Priya D, Gowri Sankar D. Stability indicating RP-HPLC method development and validation for simultaneous determination of Atazanavir and Cobicistat in bulk and pharmaceutical formulation. American Journal of Pharmatech Research.2018; 2249:3387.
6. ICH guidelines Q2 (R1), Validation of Analytical procedures, Text and Methodology 1995.