Naga Venkata Suresh Kumar Devaka, Yugandhar Parepalli, Vallabhaneni Madhusudhan Rao
Naga Venkata Suresh Kumar Devaka1*, Yugandhar Parepalli1, Vallabhaneni Madhusudhan Rao2
1Division of Chemistry, Department of Sciences and Humanities, Vignan’s Foundation for Science, Technology and Research University (VFSTRU
Vignan's University), Vadlamudi, Guntur 522213 Andhra Pradesh, India.
2School of Chemical Engineering, Vignan’s Foundation for Science, Technology and Research University (VFSTRU
Vignan’s University), Vadlamudi, Guntur 522213, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2021
A rapid, precise, selective and robust stability-indicating RP-HPLC method has been developed for estimation of aspirin (APR) and prasugrel (PSR) in capsule form. The method utilizes waters symmetry C18 (250mm, 4.6mm, 5µm) column, mobile phase consisting of 0.1M of potassium dihydrogen phosphate buffer (pH 3.2) and methanol in the proportion of 65:35 (v/v) and photodiode array detection at 220nm. The method was linear over a range of 150 - 450µg/mL (r2 - 0.999) and 20 - 60µg/mL (r2 - 0.999) for APR and PSR, respectively. Relative standard deviation values for APR and PSR during precision studies are smaller than 1.0%. The mean recoveries of APR and PSR were 100.03% and 100.09%, respectively. The forced degradation experiments data confirmed that there was no merging of the peaks of APR and PSR with degradation products. The stability indicating HPLC procedure developedcan be accessibly implemented for regular analysis.
Cite this article:
Naga Venkata Suresh Kumar Devaka, Yugandhar Parepalli, Vallabhaneni Madhusudhan Rao. Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Aspirin and Prasugrel in Combination Capsule Dosage. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2021; 14(3):1365-1369. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00243.2
1. Yeomans ND. Aspirin: old drug, new uses and challenges. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 2011; 26 (3): 426-431.
2. Walker J, Hutchison P, Ge J, Zhao D, Wang Y, Rothwell PM, Gaziano JM, Chan A, Burn J, Chia J, Langley R, O'Donnell V, Rocca B, Hawkey C. Aspirin: 120 years of innovation. A report from the 2017 Scientific Conference of the International Aspirin Foundation, 14 September 2017, Charité, Berlin. Ecancer medical science, 2018; 12: 813.
3. Tagarakis GI: Ticagrelor and prasugrel: two novel, most-promising antiplatelet agents. Recent Patents on Cardiovascular Drug Discovery, 2010; 5 (3): 208-211.
4. Spartalis M, Tzatzaki E, Spartalis E, Damaskos C, Athanasiou A, Moris D, Politou M. The role of prasugrel in the management of acute coronary syndromes: a systematic review. European Review for Medical and Pharmacological Sciences, 2017; 21 (20): 4733-4743.
5. Prax A 75 Capsule. Practo.com, Accessed on April 2020, Available at: https://www.practo.com/medicine-info/prax-a-75-capsule-46070
6. Prasita A 10 Cap. Med Plus Mart, Accessed on April 2020, Available at: https://www.medplusmart.com/product/PRASITA-A-10MG-CAP/PRAS0036
7. Shahabuddin NA, Mehul NP, Prakash BK, Bhavna AP, Shraddha JP. Simultaneous determination of prasugrel and aspirin by second order and ratio first order derivative ultraviolet spectrophotometry. Journal of Spectroscopy, 2013; 6: 1-7.
8. Patel M, Patel CN, Patel VB. Development and validation of spectrophotometric methods for simultaneous estimation of prasugrel and aspirin in tablet dosage form. American Journal of Pharm Tech Research, 2012; 2 (3): 818–827.
9. Deepak KJ, Nilesh J, Jitendra V. RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of aspirin and prasugrel in binary combination. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Drug Research, 2012; 4(3): 218-221.
10. Vivek SP, Samidha T, Vamshi KM, Shobha RS. A validated RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of aspirin and prasugrel in tablet dosage form. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, 2014; 5(11): 4858-4864.
11. Patel SM, Patel CN, Patel VB. Stability indicating HPLC method for simultaneous determination of aspirin and prasugrel. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2013; 75 (4): 413–419.
12. Tamizi E, Jouyban A. Forced degradation studies of biopharmaceuticals: Selection of stress conditions. European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, 2016; 98: 26-46.
13. Vinubhai NP. An introduction to forced degradation studies for drug substance & drug product. Pharmaceutical Online, accessed on April 2020, Available at: https://www.pharmaceuticalonline.com/doc/an-introduction-to-forced-degradation-studies-for-drug-substance-drug-product-0001
14. International Conference on the Harmonization. ICH Stability Testing of New Drug Substances and Products Q1A (R2); 2003.
15. International Conference on the Harmonization. ICH Harmonized Tripartite Guideline. Validation of Analytical Procedures: Text and Methodology Q2(R1); 2005.