Fouad H. Kamel, Mahabad Mohammed Hussein, Hemn Kareem Qadir, Lanja Sami Hamid
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Fouad H. Kamel1, Mahabad Mohammed Hussein1, Hemn Kareem Qadir1, Lanja Sami Hamid2
1Erbil Medical Technical Institute, Erbil Polytechnic University - Erbil-Iraq.
2Ministry of Health-Iraq.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2021
New formula of Rhuscoriaria L. and peppermint water extract was prepared. The formula tested against five common pathogenic microorganisms (Str. Mutants, Staph.aureus, E. coli, Ps. aeruginosa, and Candida) as in vitro test, this study found that the largest MIC was observed to be against Staph.aureus. The new formula was also depended in prevention of vaginal infection for 22 donor patients compared with 5 cases with infected vagina but used medications as positive control and another 5 cases healthy individual (healthy vagina) and not get treatment as a negative control. The results documented that the natural product formula is better than the commercial antimicrobials in sense of shorter time of treatment, no side effect, and less cost.
Cite this article:
Fouad H. Kamel, Mahabad Mohammed Hussein, Hemn Kareem Qadir, Lanja Sami Hamid. Preparation of New Herbal Formula for Treatment and Management of Superficial Vaginal Infection. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2021; 14(3):1346-1348. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00239.0
Fouad H. Kamel, Mahabad Mohammed Hussein, Hemn Kareem Qadir, Lanja Sami Hamid. Preparation of New Herbal Formula for Treatment and Management of Superficial Vaginal Infection. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2021; 14(3):1346-1348. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00239.0 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-3-27
1. Ul Hassan H, Murad W, Tariq A, Ahmad A. Ethnoveterinary study of medicinal plants in Malakand Valley, District Dir (Lower), Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. Ir Vet J 2014; 67 (1): 6.
2. El-Kamali, H, MY El-Amir. Antibacterial activity and phytochemical screening of ethanolic extracts obtained from selected Sudanese medicinal plants. Curr. Res. J. Biol. Sci. 2010; 2: 143-146.
3. Lalitha, P, KA Arathi, KS Shubashini, J Hemalatha. Antimirobial activity and phytochemical screening of an Ornamental Foliage plant, Pothosaurea (Linden ex Andre). Int. J. Chem. 2010; 1: 63-71.
4. Hussain H, A Badawy, A Elshazly, A Elsayed, K Krohn, M Riaz, B Schulz. Chemical constituents and antimicrobial activity of Salix bserrata. Rec. Nat. Prod. 2011; 5: 133-137.
5. Pavithra PS, VS Janani, KH Charumathi, R Indumathy, S Potala, RS Verma. Antibacterial activity of plants used in Indian herbal medicine. Int. J. Green Pharm. 2010; 4: 22-28.
6. Alagesaboopathi, C. Antimicrobial potential and phytochemical screening of Androgra phisaffinis Nees-An endemic medicinal plant from India. Int. J. Pharm. Pharm. Sci. 2011; 3: 157-159.
7. Vermani K, S Garg. Herbal medicines for sexually transmitted diseases and AIDS. J. Ethnopharmacol. 2002; 80: 49-66.
8. N Sadale, BA Karadge. Survey on ethno-medicinal plants of Ajara Tahsil, District Kolhapur, Maharashtra-(India),” Trends in Life Sciences. 2002; 2(1).
9. USDA. Germplasm Resources Information Network. USDA., Beltsville, USA. 2007.
10. Sezik E, Tabata E. Traditional medicine in Turkey I. Folk medicine in northeast Anatolia. J. Ethnopharmacol. 1991; 35: 191-196.
11. Wyk B, M Wirik. Effects of processing methods and extraction solvents on concentration and antioxidant activity of peanut skin Phenolics. Food Chem. 2005; 90: 199-206.
12. Kosar M, B Bozan F. Antioxidant activity and phenolic composition of sumac (Rhuscoriaria L.) extracts. Food Chem. 2007; 103: 952-959.
13. Nasar SM, AK Halkman, MI Al-Haq. Inhibition of some foodborne bacteria by alcohol extract of sumac (Rhuscoriaria L.). J. Food Safety. 2004; 24: 257-267.
14. Kirethekar I. Indian Medicinal Plants. 1985; 714-716.
15. Clark R, Menory R. Environmental effects or peppermint (Menthapiperita). Aust J. Plant Physiology. 1980; 7: 685-692.
16. Dew M, Evans J. Peppermint oil for the irritable bowel syndrome; a multi-center trialm. Br. J. Clin Pract. 1984; 38: 394-395.
17. Hoffman D. The complete illustrated holistic herbal. Rockport, MA: Element Books Inc.
18. Forster S. 1996. Peppermint: Menthapiperita, American Botanical Council – Botanical Series. 1996; 306: 3-8.
19. Mimica Dukic N, Bozin B, Sokovic M, Mihailovic B. Antimicrobial and antioxidant activities of three Mentha species essential oils. Planta Medica. 2003; 69: 413-419.
20. Diaz R, Quevedo-Sarmiento J, Ramos-Cormenzana A. Phytochemical and antibacterial screening of some species of Spanish Lamiaceae. Fitoterapia. 1988; 59: 330-333.
21. Hirobe, C., Palevitch, D., Tayeka, K. Itokawa, H. 1994. Screening for antitumour activity of crude drugs (IV): Studies on cytotoxic activity of Israeli medicinal plants. Natural Medicine, 48: 168-170.
22. Alkofahi A, Abdelaziz A, Mahmoud I. Cytotoxicity, mutagenicity and antimicrobial activity of forty Jordanian medicinal plants. International Journal of Crude Drug Research. 1990; 28: 139-144.
23. Kamel F, Ismail S, S. Sangar S, Adnan N. Kurdish Traditional Herbal Medicine to Treat Mouth Thrush. Indian journal of public research and development. 2020; 11(2) .
24. Bautista T. Bacterial vaginosis: a synthesis of the literature on etiology, prevalence, risk factors, and relationship with chlamydia and gonorrhea infections." Military Medical Research 2016; 3.1: 4.
25. Bautista CT, Wurapa E, Sateren WB, Morris S, Hollingsworth B, Sanchez JL. Bacterial vaginosis: a synthesis of the literature on etiology, prevalence, risk factors, and relationship with chlamydia and gonorrhea infections. Military Medical Research. 2016; 3(1):4.
26. Kamel F, Ismael HM, Mohamammad A, Amin S. Approaches for development of new Nano-silver printing ink. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences. May–June RJPBCS. 2017; 8(4): 103.
27. Kamel F, Saeed H, Amin A, Qader S. Magnetic Field Effect on Growth and Antibiotic Susceptibility of Staphylococcus aureu. Al-Nahrain University Journal for Science. 2014; (17)3: 138-143.
28. Kamel F, Saeed CH, Amin A, Qader S. Development of in-vitro susceptibility testing for pathogenic bacteria. Journal of Life Sciences, USA. 2013; 7(2).