Ananta Choudhury, Rahela Eyachmin Laskar, Debasish Deka, Kashmiri Sonowal, Suman Saha, Biplab Kumar Dey
Ananta Choudhury, Rahela Eyachmin Laskar*, Debasish Deka, Kashmiri Sonowal, Suman Saha, Biplab Kumar Dey
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science, Assam Down Town University, Guwahati, Assam-781026.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2021
Nanotechnology is a field of science which deals with dimensions in Nanoscale. It is now a technique through which we can achieve the highest bioavailability and better patient compliance. The size of the particles ranges between 10-100nm and has gains its popularity due to emerging biomedical applications. Nanoparticle drug delivery approaches are considered as the most potential and advance tool for drug targeting. This review mainly focused on different aspects include the method of preparation, evaluation, and application of nanoparticles.
Cite this article:
Ananta Choudhury, Rahela Eyachmin Laskar, Debasish Deka, Kashmiri Sonowal, Suman Saha, Biplab Kumar Dey. A Review on Nanoparticle: Types, Preparation and its Characterization. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2021; 14(3):1815-1822. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00322.X
1. Khan I, Saeed K, Khan I. Nanoparticles: Properties, applications and toxicities. Arabian Journal of Chemistry. 2019 Nov 1; 12(7): 908-31.
2. Mahmoodi NO, Ghavidast A, Amirmahani N. A comparative study on the nanoparticles for improved drug delivery systems. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology. 2016 Sep 1; 162: 681-93.
3. De Jong WH, Borm PJ. Drug delivery and nanoparticles: applications and hazards. International journal of nanomedicine. 2008 Jun; 3(2): 133.
4. KrishnaSailaja A, Siddiqua A. An overall review on polymeric nanoparticles. International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.2017 Jan; 21-28
5. Han J, Zhao D, Li D, Wang X, Jin Z, Zhao K. Polymer-based nanomaterials and applications for vaccines and drugs. Polymers. 2018 Jan; 10(1): 31.
6. Pund S, Joshi A. Nanoarchitectures for Neglected Tropical Protozoal Diseases: Challenges and State of the Art. InNano-and Microscale Drug Delivery Systems 2017 Jan 1 (pp. 439-480). Elsevier.
7. El-hoshoudy AN. Emulsion Polymerization Mechanism. Recent Research in Polymerization. 2018 Jan 17:1.
8. Kawaguchi S, Ito K. Dispersion polymerization. InPolymer Particles 2005 Jan 1 (pp. 299-328). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
9. Sugihara S, Blanazs A, Armes SP, Ryan AJ, Lewis AL. Aqueous dispersion polymerization: a new paradigm for in situ block copolymer self-assembly in concentrated solution. Journal of the American Chemical Society. 2011 Oct 5; 133(39): 15707-13.
10. Song Y, Fan JB, Wang S. Recent progress in interfacial polymerization. Materials Chemistry Frontiers. 2017; 1(6): 1028-40.
11. Raaijmakers MJ, Benes NE. Current trends in interfacial polymerization chemistry. Progress in polymer science. 2016 Dec 1; 63: 86-142.
12. Singh D, Harikumar SL. Nirmala. Nanoparticles: An Overview. J Drug Deliv Ther. 2013; 3: 169-75.
13. Murthy SK. Nanoparticles in modern medicine: state of the art and future challenges. International journal of nanomedicine. 2007 Jun; 2(2): 129.
14. Eid AG, Uddin N, Girgis S. Formulation and optimization of biodegradable insulin loaded nanoparticles.
15. Sezer AD, editor. Application of nanotechnology in drug delivery. BoD–Books on Demand; 2014 Jul 25.
16. Kwon HY, Lee JY, Choi SW, Jang Y, Kim JH. Preparation of PLGA nanoparticles containing estrogen by emulsification–diffusion method. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. 2001 Jun 30; 182(1-3): 123-30.
17. Gazi AS, Sailaja AK. Preparation and Characterization of Paracetamol Loaded Eudragit S100 Nanoparticles by Salting Out Technique. J Develop Drugs. 2018; 7(183): 2.
18. Tiruwa R. A review on nanoparticles–preparation and evaluation parameters. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biological Research. 2016 Jun 23; 4(2): 27-31.
19. Mohanraj VJ, Chen Y. Nanoparticles-a review. Tropical journal of pharmaceutical research. 2006; 5(1): 561-73.
20. Shelake SS, Patil SV, Patil SS. Formulation and evaluation of fenofibrate-loaded nanoparticles by precipitation method. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2018 May 31; 80(3): 420-7.
21. Muthu MS, Feng SS. Pharmaceutical stability aspects of nanomedicines. Nanomedicine. 2009 Dec; 4(8): 857-60.
22. Mohanraj VJ, Chen Y. Nanoparticles-a review. Tropical journal of pharmaceutical research. 2006; 5(1): 561-73.
23. Lombardo D, Kiselev MA, Caccamo MT. Smart nanoparticles for drug delivery application: development of versatile nanocarrier platforms in biotechnology and nanomedicine. Journal of Nanomaterials. 2019; 2019.