Nutan Rao, Akshata Desai
Nutan Rao*, Akshata Desai
Department of Quality Assurance, Oriental College of Pharmacy, Sector 2, Sanpada West, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2021
A simple, precise, accurate and rapid Reverse Phase High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (RP-HPLC) method was developed for estimation of Dicyclomine hydrochloride. Detection was carried out at 218nm using UV-visible detector. Chromatographic separation of the drug was carried on Shimadzu shim-pack GIST C18 (250mmX4.6mm, 5µm) column using mobile phase as a mixture of Acetonitrile and Buffer pH5.9 in the ratio of 70:30 at 1.0ml/min flow rate. The Retention time for dicyclomine HCL was found to be 4.4 minutes. The calibration curve was found to be linear over a concentration range of 50-150µg/ml with correlation coefficient of 0.997 at selected wavelength. The percentage RSD was found to be less than 2% for Accuracy and Precision of the method. This method was validated using parameters such as linearity, accuracy, precision, robustness, specificity, system suitability and solution stability. It can be concluded that the proposed method can be effectively used for estimation of Dicyclomine hydrochloride in pure form as well as in pharmaceutical formulations.
Cite this article:
Nutan Rao, Akshata Desai. RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation for Estimation of Dicyclomine Hydrochloride in its Bulk and Drops Form. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2021; 14(2):605-609. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00108.6
1. Tiple RH. Overview on Analytical Method Development. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2017; 9(3): 93-97.
2. Mujoriya RZ. Analytical Method Development and Validation of Pharmaceutical Technology: An Overview. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2013; 5(4): 213-220.
3. Wadher SJ, et al. Simultaneous Determination of Famotidine and Dicyclomine HCl in combined Tablet Dosage form by UV-Spectrophotometer. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2017; 10(2): 408-413.
4. Pancholi M, et al. Absorption Ratio Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Dicyclomine Hydrochloride and Dexketoprofen Trometamol. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2013; 6(12):1169-1172.
5. Singh L, Nanda S. Validated Spectrophotometric Simultaneous Estimation of Nimesulide and Dicyclomine Hydrocloride in Combined Tablet Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2010; 3(2): 562-565.
6. Beale JM, Block JH. Wilson and Gisvold’s Textbook of Organic Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry. Philadelphia, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 12th ed, 2011: 589.
7. Sharma H, et al. Validated RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of paracetamol, pamabrom and dicyclomine hydrochloride in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 2016; 7(1): 316-324.
8. Hedpara RJ, et al. A Validated RP- HPLC method for the simultaneous estimation of Paracetamol and Dicyclomine hydrochloride in Pharmaceutical formulations. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 2013; 4(6): 2400-2405.
9. Kudumula N, Prasad YR. Analytical method development and validation for simultaneous estimation of dextropropoxyphene HCL, dicyclomine and paracetamol in bulk and capsule formulation by RP-HPLC. Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2013; 3(12): 1225-1232.
10. Sireesha T, et al. Development and validation of new analytical methods for the simultaneous estimation of paracetamol and dicyclomine hydrochloride in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms by using RP-HPLC and UV methods. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2014; 3(10): 1584-1602.
11. Baokar S, et al. Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for simultaneous determination of dicyclomine and mefanamic acid. Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2014; 13(1): 16-19.
12. International Conference on Harmonization. Stability Testing of New Drug Substances and Products (Q1AR2). International Conference on Harmonization. Geneva: IFPMA. 2003.
13. International Conference on Harmonization of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human use. Validation of Analytical Procedures: Text and Methodology. ICH. 2005.
14. Nikam P, et al. Spectrophotometric Method Development and Validation of Prazosin. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 8(1): 01-04.
15. Baokar SB, et al. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Vildagliptin and Metformin. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2013; 5(2): 95-98.
16. Sharma A, et al. RP HPLC Determination of Amlodipine in Its Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2010; 3(1): 129-131.
17. Rode DM, Rao N. Stability-indicating method development and validation of itraconazole and terbinafine HCL in bulk and pharmaceutical tablet dosage form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 2019; 12(9): 51-55.
18. Reddy P, Reddy MS. RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Paracetamol and Ibuprofen in Tablets. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2009; 2(1): 70-72.
19. Nagaraju P, et al. A Validated Reverse Phase HPLC Method for the Simultaneous Estimation of Atorvastatin Calcium and Ezetimibe in Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2010; 3(1): 225-228.
20. Raju GVH, et al. RP-HPLC Determination of Levetiracetam in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Formulation. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. Asian J. Research Chem. 2009; 2(3): 253-257.