Ebaa Adnan Azooz, Fatimah Abd Wannas, Shawket Kadhem Jawad
firstname.lastname@example.org , Shawkat.email@example.com
Ebaa Adnan Azooz1, Fatimah Abd Wannas2, Shawket Kadhem Jawad2
1Ministry of Education, The General Directorate of Education, The Gifted Students` School in Najaf Governorate, Iraq.
2Chemistry Department, Faculty of Education for Women, University of Kufa, Najaf Governorate, Iraq.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2021
Onium system has been classified as a simple coordination and ion association solvent extraction method developed to join with cloud point extraction (CPE) to become more sensitivity, selectivity, chiefly, speedy and green method. Also, it is used to separate and extract Co (II) for determination in real samples. Spectrophotometric study for onium species of Co (II) shows wave length for maximum absorbance was ?max=292 nm, the optimum conditions for maximum extraction efficiency was 10 ppm of Co (II) in presence 0.8 M HCl by using 1×10-4 M of methyl stearate (MS) heating at 90°C for 15 min. With existence of 0.6 mL nonionic surfactant TritonX-100. This study intends to show the electrolyte, interferences effect along with spectrophotometric determining for Co (II) in diverse samples and it has a very low detection limit (D. L= 0.012 ppm), quantity limit (Q. L= 0.030 ppm) and (RSD% =0.017) in 3 ppm.
Cite this article:
Ebaa Adnan Azooz, Fatimah Abd Wannas, Shawket Kadhem Jawad. Developed Cloud Point Extraction Coupled with Onium System for Separation and Determination Cobalt in Biological Samples. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2021; 14(2):594-598. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00106.2
1. G. F. Nordberg, B. A. Fowler, M. Nordberg and L. T. Friberg, Eds., (2007) Handbook on the Toxicology of Metals, ed., Elsevier Inc., Amsterdam,14-142.
2. Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR), Toxicological Profile for Cobalt, US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service Atlanta, GA, (2004), 201-241.
3. C. B. Ojeda, F. S. Rojas, José M. C. Pavón (2012) Determination of Cobalt in Food, Environmental and Water Samples with Preconcentration by Dispersive Liquid-Liquid Microextraction. American Journal of Analytical Chemistry, 3, pp. 125-130.
4. S. K. Jawad, F. A. Wannas, J. R. Maslim and I. R. Ali (2016) Organic Solvent Effect, Thermodynamic Study and Synergism Behavior for Extraction Efficiency of Cobalt (II) Complex with1- [2-Pyridyl Azo] -2-Naphthol. Global Journal of Science Frontier Research: B Chemistry, 16,1, Version 1.0, pp. 24-32.
5. S. M. Hameed, R. K. Al-Kubaisy and K. I. Hussain (2015) Liquid Ion Exchange Method for Extraction of Pb (II) as Anion by Using 15C5 Coupled with Spectrophotometric Determination in Different Samples. Journal of Kufa for Chemical Science,1,10, pp. 21-37.
6. S. K. Jawad, S. M. Hameed and S. A. Hussain (2017) Liquid Ion Exchange Application for Micro Amount Separation and Determination of Ca(II) and Mg(II) as Anions Species with EDTA. Oriental J. of Chemistry,33,5, pp. 2421-2429.
7. S. K. Jawad and J. R. Muslim (2015) onium method for extraction and spectrophotometric determination of Zn (II) and Co (II). J. of Research in Applied Natural and Social Sciences,1, 2, pp. 97-110.
8. S. K. Jawad and N. D. Jaffer (2017) Extraction, Separation and Spectrophotometric Determination of Cadmium (II) Via Onium Method. Journal of Kufa for Chemical Science, 2, 2, pp.158-172.
9. S. K. Jawad and M. Yassin (2016) Onium System Application for Separation and Micro Amount Determination of Zinc (II) By Use Methyl Stearate. BEST: Journal of Humanities, Arts, Medicine and Sciences (BEST: JHAMS), 2, 2, pp. 15-26.
10. N. Baghban, A. M. H. Shabani, S. Dadfarnia and A. A. Jafari (2009) Flame Atomic Absorption Spectrometric Determination of Trace Amounts of Cobalt after Cloud Point Extraction as 2-[(2-Mercaptophenylimino) methyl] phenol Complex. J. Brazilian Chemistry Society, 20, 5, pp. 832-838.
11. G. L. Donati, C. C. Nascentes, A. R. A. Nogueira, M. A. Z. Arruda and J. A. Nóbrega, (2006) Acid Extraction and Cloud Point Preconcentration as Sample Preparation Strategies for Cobalt Determination in Biological Materials by Thermospray Flame Furnace Atomic Absorption Spectrometry” Microchemical Journal,82, 2, pp.189-195.
12. S. K. Jawad, M. O. Kadhim and E. A. Azooz (2017) Incorporation of onium system with cloud point extraction and determination of iron (III) and mercury (II) in different samples. Oriental J. of Chemistry, 33, 4, pp.1879–1889,
13. F. H. Hayder and S. K. Jawad (2017) Onium System for Separation, Preconcentration and Spectrophotometric Determination of Co (II), Via Cloud Point Extraction Methodology. J. of Global Pharma Technology,11, 9, pp. 83-91.
14. S. K. Jawad and E. A. Azooz (2014) Cloud point extraction for separation, preconcentration and extraction of nickel (II) as chloroanion by use crown ether DB18C6 coupled with spectrophotometric determination. International Journal for Sciences and Technology, 9, 1, pp. 17-23.
15. S. K. Jawad and E. A. Azooz (2015) A new Approach for Separation, Extraction and Determination of Zinc in Different Samples using Cloud-Point Extraction Coupled with spectrophotometry. FIRE Journal of Science and Technology, 3, pp. 261–273,
16. J.L. Manzoori, G. K. Nezhad (2003) Sensitive and simple cloud-point pre concentration atomic absorption spectrometry: Application to the determination of Cobalt in urine samples. Anal Sci, 19, pp.579–583.
17. Afkhami A, Bahram M. (2006) Cloud point extraction simultaneous spectrophotometric determination of Zn (II), Co (II) and Ni (II) in water and urine samples by 1-(2-pyridylazo) 2-naphthol using partial least squares regression. Microchim Acta, 155, pp.403–408.
18. F. Shemirani and N.Shokoufi (2006) Laser induced thermal lens spectrometry for Cobalt determination after cloud point extraction. Anal Chim Acta, 577, pp. 238–243.
19. V.A. Lemos, R.S. Franca and B.O. Moreira (2007) Cloud point extraction for Co and Ni determination in water samples by flame atomic absorption spectrometry. Sep Purif Technol, 54, pp. 349–354.
20. R.T. Yamaki, L.S. Nunes, H.R. de Oliveira, A.S. Araujo, M. A. Bezerra and V.A. Lemos (2011) Synthesis and application of a new thiazolylazo reagent for cloud point extraction and determination of Cobalt in pharmaceutical preparations. J AOAC Int, 94, pp.1304–1309.
21. D.L. Giokas, E.K. Paleologos, S.M. Tzouwara-Karayanni and M.I. Karayannis (2001) Single-sample cloud point determination of iron, Cobalt and nickel by flow injection analysis flame atomic absorption spectrometry-application to real samples and certified reference materials. J Anal at Spectrom,16, 521–526.
22. D. Citak and M. Tuzen (2010) A novel pre concentration procedure using cloud point extraction for determination of lead, Cobalt and copper in water and food samples using flame atomic absorption spectrometry. Food Chem Toxicol, 48, pp. 1399–1404.
23. M.A. Farajzadeh and M.R. Fallahi (2006) Simultaneous cloud-point extraction of nine cations from water samples and their determination by flame atomic absorption spectrometry. Anal Sci, 22, pp. 635–639.
24. Q. Han,Y. Huo,N. Yang, X. Yang and T. Hao (2015) Determination of Cobalt in Water by Thermal Lens Spectrometry with Cloud Point Extraction. Analytical Letters, 48, 13, pp.2096-2106.
25. A. Afkhami, M. Bahram (2004) H-point standard addition method for simultaneous spectrophotometric determination of Co (II) and Ni(II) by 1-(2-pyridylazo)2-naphthol in micellar media. Spectrochimica Acta A, 60 (1-2), pp.181-186.
26. S. K. Jawad, M. U. Kadhium, and E. A. Azooz (2018) Separation and Spectrophotometric Determination of Iron (III) and Mercury (II) via Cloud Point Extraction with New Azo-Derivative. Eurasian Journal of Analytical Chemistry,13, 5, pp. 1-11em48.
27. M. R. Jamali, B. Soleimani, and R. Rahnama (2017) A novel separation/preconcentration procedure using in situ sorbent formation micro extraction for the determination of Cobalt (II) in water and food samples by flame atomic absorption spectrometry. Arabian Journal of Chemistry,10, pp. S3150–S3155.
28. S. K. Jawad and E. A. Azooz (2015) Cloud Point Extraction Method for Separation and Pre-Concentration of Mg (II) As Anion Coupled with Spectrophotometric Applications. Journal of Research in Applied, Natural and Social Sciences (IMPACT: JRANSS),1, 2, pp. 119–134.
29. F. A. Wannas, E. A. Azooz and S. K. Jawad (2019) Liquid Ion Exchange with Spectrophotometric Method for Separation and Determination W (VI). Jour of Adv Research in Dynamical and Control Systems,11, 07-Special Issue, pp. 260-269.
30. E. A. Azooz, J. R. Moslim and S. K. Jawad (2020) Cloud Point Extraction Methodology for Separation, Extraction and Preconcentration of Mn (VII) Coupled with Spectroscopy for Determination in Different Samples. Biochem. Cell. Arch.,20,1, pp. 2641-2648.
31. S. K. Jawad, M. U. Kadhium and E. A. Azooz (2019) Application Cloud Point Extraction Method Joined with Liquid Ion Exchange for Selective Determination of Fe3+ and Hg2+ In Real Samples. journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences,14,11, pp.3514-3521.