Pooja Agarwal, Beena Kumari, Sangeeta, Manish Kumar
Pooja Agarwal1, Beena Kumari2, Sangeeta2, Manish Kumar3*
1Department of Pharmaceutical Science, Shivdan Singh Institute of Technology and Management, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh.
2Department of Pharmaceutical Science, Indira Gandhi University, Meerpur, Rewari, Haryana, India-123401.
3M.M. College of Pharmacy, Maharishi Markandeshwar (Deemed to be University), Mullana, Ambala, Haryana, India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 12,
Year - 2021
The combination of Domperidone and Lansoprazole is very useful in Gastro-esophageal disinfection (Dyspepsia). These methods provide means to separate the components characterize and quantify the components. An accurate, precise, specific and simple HPLC method was developed for simultaneous estimation of Domperidone and Lansoprazole. By this method retention time, linearity and accuracy data is respectively found for Domperidone and Lansoprazole. Mobile phase was prepared by mixing 51 volume of Acetonitrile and 49 volume of Ammonium Acetate (51:49 V/V) then 25mg each of Domperidone and Lansoprazole was dissolved in small volume of Acetonitrile: Ammonium Acetate (51:49 V/V) separately. Retention time was recorded 4.330 ± 0.003 minute and 5.820 ± 0.003 minute for Domperidone and Lansoprazole with 1.0 ml/min flow rate. The low value of % R.S.D indicates that this method is precise and accurate. Thus it can be concluded that the proposed method was good approach for obtaining reliable result.
Cite this article:
Pooja Agarwal, Beena Kumari, Sangeeta, Manish Kumar. Development of High Performance Liquid Chromatographic Estimation of Domperidone and Lansoprazole. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(12):6475-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.01119
Pooja Agarwal, Beena Kumari, Sangeeta, Manish Kumar. Development of High Performance Liquid Chromatographic Estimation of Domperidone and Lansoprazole. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(12):6475-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.01119 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-12-49
1. Hemalatha PV, Jerad Suresh A, Niraimathi V.. RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation for the Estimation of Cinitapride and Pantoprazole in Solid Oral Dosage Form. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2012; 5(2):221-224.
2. Ahsanul Haque A Md, Shahriar M, Nazma Parvin NM, Ashraful Islam SM. Validated RP-HPLC Method for Estimation of Ranitidine Hydrochloride, Domperidone and Naproxen in Solid Dosage Form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2011; 1(3): 59-63.
3. Kumaraswamy G, Lalitha R, Kumar SD . Validated First Order Derivative Spectrophotometric Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Lansoprazole and Aspirin in Tablet Dosage Forms. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2016; 6(3): 185-190.
4. Patel B, Dedania Z, Dedania R, Ramolia C, Vidya Sagar G, Mehta RS. Simultaneous Estimation of Lansoprazole and Domperidone in Combined Dosage Form by RP-HPLC. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2009; 2(2): 210-212.
5. Srinivasa Rao J, Naga Mallika J, M. Madhu Sri M, Raveendra Babu G, Prasada Rao M, Gopinath C. Comparative in Vitro Dissolution Assessment of Three Different Brands of Lansoprazole Capsules. Research Journal of Pharmacautical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2011; 3(2): 58-66.
6. Balamurugan M, Saravanan VS, Ganesh P, Senthil SP, Hemalatha PV, Sudhir Pandya. Development and In-vitro Evaluation of Mucoadhesive Buccal Tablets of Domperidone. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2008 1(4):377-380.
7. Jawed Akhtar, B Srivastava, SS Sukla, Rajeev Chaturvedi, Uttam Singh Baghel. Simultaneous Estimation of Rabeprazole Sodium and Domperidone Maleate in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Form by Reverse Phase High Performance Liquid Chromatography. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2010;3 (1):231-233.
8. Indrayani D. Raut, Rahul S. Adnaik, Akshada N. Kakade, Sandip A. Bandgar, Dhanyakumar D. Chougule, Rohit. R. Shah. Validated Spectrophotometric Method for Estimation of Domperidone in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Formulation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2011; 4(5): 790-792.
9. Kamala GR, Vadrevu S, Haripriya M. Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Estimation of Omeprazole and Domperidone by RP-HPLC. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis2015; 5(4): 2015; 195-205.
10. Arpit H. Patel, Sachin A. Pishawikar, Harinath N More. Comparative Study between Stress Degradation Analysis on Lansoprazole and its Estimation by Zero-Order UV-Spectrophotometric Method. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2012; 5(6): 822-828.