Santosh V. Gandhi, Deepak Patil, Atul A. Baravkar
Santosh V. Gandhi1*, Deepak Patil1, Atul A. Baravkar2
1AISSMS College of Pharmacy, Kennedy Road, Near R.T.O., Pune, Maharashtra, 411001, India.
2Shardabai Pawar Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, Baramati, Pune, Maharashtra, 413115, India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 11,
Year - 2021
In present work, chemometric-assisted UV spectrophotometric methods as well as RP-HPLC method were developed for the simultaneous estimation of Ofloxacin and Tinidazole in their combined pharmaceutical dosage form. The two chemometric methods i.e. principle component regression (PCR) and partial least square regression (PLS) were successfully applied to quantify each drug in mixture using UV absorption spectra in range of 280 to 320nm at ?? of 0.5nm. Chemometric model development was done using 24 binary mixture solutions and 12 solutions were used for validation of model. The chemometric-assisted analysis does not require any prior separation step. In addition, RP-HPLC method was also developed using THERMOSIL C18 column with a mobile phase consisting ofAcetonitrile: Phosphate Buffer (85:15% v/v), flow rate of 1 ml/min and quantification was achieved using UV detector at 300 nm. The methods were successfully applied for the simultaneous determination of these drugs in synthetic mixture. The results obtained for analysis by PCR and PLS methods were compared with RP-HPLC method and a good agreement was found.
Cite this article:
Santosh V. Gandhi, Deepak Patil, Atul A. Baravkar. Comparison of Chemometric assisted UV Spectrophotometric and RP-HPLC Method for the simultaneous determination of Ofloxacin and Tinidazole in their Combined dosage form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(11):5713-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00993
Santosh V. Gandhi, Deepak Patil, Atul A. Baravkar. Comparison of Chemometric assisted UV Spectrophotometric and RP-HPLC Method for the simultaneous determination of Ofloxacin and Tinidazole in their Combined dosage form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(11):5713-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00993 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-11-18
1. http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB01165 Gaur R. Azizi M. Gan J. Hansal P. and. Harper K. Editors. British Pharmacopoeia. London: Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA). 1988; pp. 49, 903.
3. Gandhi SV, Habde VH, Tapale SR. Development and Validation Chemometric Assisted Spectrophotometric Method for Estimation of Ofloxacin and Cefpodoxime Proxetil. ARC Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2(3); 2016: 4-10.
4. Dharuman J, Vasudevan M, Somasekaran KN, Dhandapania B, Ghodea PD, Thiagarajan M. RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Estimation of Ofloxacin and Tinidazole in Tablets. International Journal of PharmTech Research. 1(2); 2020: 121-124.
5. Gandhi SV, Tapale S. Chemometrics-Assisted UV Spectrophotometric Method for Determination of Ofloxacin and Ornidazole in Pharmaceutical Formulation. Pharma Review. 2016: 87-92.
6. Kothapalli U, Kothakota V, Dash AK, Kishore TS, Loya H, Pradhan KK. A Validated UV-Spectrophotometric Method for the Estimation of Tinidazole in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. International Journal of Pharma.and Biological Archives.2011;2(4):1152-1156.
7. Singh L, Nanda S. Method for Determination of Tinidazole using Direct UV-Visible Spectrophotometry and Differential Spectrophotometry in Pure and Tablet Dosage Forms. East and Central African Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences.14; 2011: 75-80.
8. Gummadi S, Thota D, Varri SV, Vaddi P, Narasimha VL, Jillella SR. Development and validation of UV spectroscopic methods for simultaneous estimation of ciprofloxacin and tinidazole in tablet formulation. International Current Pharmaceutical Journal. 1(10); 2012: 317-321.
9. Nayak K, Khare NK, Sayare A, Ghode P, Lawrence RM. New validated UV spectrophotometric methods for estimation of Norfloxacin and Tinidazole in bulk and tablet dosage forms. Scholars Research Library Der Pharmacia Lettre. 4 (1); 2012:192-198.
10. Lotfy HM, Abdel M, Hagazy M. Comparative Study of Novel Spectrophotometric Methods Manipulating Ratio Spectra: An Application on Pharmaceutical Ternary Mixture of Omeprazole, Tinidazole and Clarithromycin. Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy. 96; 2012: 259–270.
11. Dinc E, Baleanu D. Spectrophotometric Quantitative Determination of Cilazapriland Hydrochlorothiazide in Tablets by Chemometric Methods. J. of Pharma. and Biomedical Analysis. 30; 2002: 715–723.
12. Bhaskar R, Sagar M, Saini V, Bhat M. UV-Spectrophotometric-Assisted Chemometric Methods for Simultaneous Determination of Metformin Hydrochloride and Gliclazide in Pharmaceutical Formulations. Pharmaceut Anal Acta. 3; 2012: 1-5.
13. Vichare V, Tambe V, Joshi SV, Dhole SN. New Simultaneous UV-Visible Spectrophotometric Methods for Estimation of Ofloxacin and Ketorolac Tromethamine in Ophthalmic Dosage Form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 3(2); 2013: 53-57.
14. Guermouche MH, Habel D, Guermouche S. Assay of Tinidazole in Human Serum by High-Performance Thin-Layer Chromatography--Comparison with High-Performance Liquid Chromatography. Journal of AOAC International. 82(2); 1999: 244-247.
15. Patel SK, Kapupara PP, Shah KV. Simultaneous Estimation of Clotrimazole and Tinidazole in Pharmaceutical Formulation by HPTLC. International Journal of Research and Development in Pharmacy and Life Sciences. 4(4); 2015: 1635-1640.
16. Sanjay Kumar Natubhai Patel, A. Anton Smith, S. Amuthalakshmi and V. N. Gandhi, R. Manavalan Analytical Method Development and Validation of Ofloxacin Eye Drop by HPLC. Journal of Current Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 1(1); 2011: 59-64.
17. Shervington LA, Abba M, Hussain B, Donnelly J. The Simultaneous Separation and Determination of Five Quinolone Antibotics Using Isocratic Reversed-Phase HPLC: Application to Stability Studies on an Ofloxacin Tablet Formulation. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 39; 2005: 769–775.
18. Bakshi M, Singh S. HPLC and LC–MS Studies on Stress Degradation Behavior of Tinidazole and Development of a Validated Specific Stability-Indicating HPLC Assay Method. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 34(1); 2004: 11-18.
19. Pasha K, Ali A, Bana S, Humair S. Reverse Phase – HPLC Method for Analysis of Tinidazole in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form and Bulk Drug. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 6(1); 2013: 58-63.
20. Rajendran SS, Santhi N, Kumar Nallasivan P, Sam Solomon WD, Venkata NR. Simultaneous Estimation of Cefixime and Ofloxacin in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 1(2); 2011: 36-38.
21. Sebaiy MM, El-Shanawany AA, El-Adl SM, Abdel-Aziz LM, Hashem HA. Rapid RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Norfloxacin and Tinidazole in Tablet Dosage Form. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 1(4); 2011: Page 79-84.
22. Solanki R, Nagori BP, Naval MK, Banerjee J. Development and Validation of Simultaneous Estimation Method for Amoxycillin Trihydrate and Tinidazole in Tablet Dosage Form by RP-HPLC. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 3(2); 2013: 66-71.
23. Gandhi SV, Khairnar PL, Chaudhari AP. Application of Multivariate Calibration Methods for Simultaneous Determination of Drugs in Fixed Dose Combination. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 8(1); 2018: 01-06.
24. Gandhi SV, Sonawane PS. Chemometric–Assisted UV Spectrophotometric Method for Determination of Cefixime Trihydrate and Cloxacillin Sodium in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 11(4); 2018: 705-709.
25. Daharwal SJ, Singh VD. Development of chemometric assisted methods for Simultaneous estimation of Ternary mixture of Telmisartan hydrochloride, Amlodipine besylate and Hydrochlorothiazide. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 5(2); 2015: 122-126.
26. Daharwal SJ, Singh VD. Estimation of Binary Mixtures of Captopril and Hydrochlorthiazide by using Chemometric Assisted Method. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 5(2); 2015: 79-82.
27. Hoang VD. Chemometrics-assisted Spectrophotometric Determination of Ciprofloxacin and Naphazoline in Eye Drops. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 7(5); 2014: 461-465.
28. Sankar ASK, Vetrichelvan T, Venkappaya V, Nagavalli D, Divya O. Simultaneous Estimation of Ramipril, Aspirin and Atorvastatin Calcium by Classical Least Squares Regression in Capsule Dosage Form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 4(3); 2011: 398-401.
29. International Conference on Harmonization. ICH Harmonized Tripartite Guideline Validation of Analytical Procedures Text and Methodology Q2(R1) ICH, Geneva; 2005 P.1-17.