E. Bhavya, M.D. Dhere
E. Bhavya1*, M.D. Dhere2
1Department of Pharmacy Practice, Vels University, Pallavaram, Chennai.
2PhD Research Scholar, Vels University, Pallavaram, Chennai.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 10,
Year - 2021
Liquisolid technique is new and promising method that can use to enhance the dissolution rate of poorly water soluble drugs. Liquisolid compact technique is based upon the dissolving the drug in a suitable non-volatile solvent by using carrier and coating material for the conversion of acceptable flowing and compressible powders. By applying the mathematical models the carrier and coating materials optimized. In this case the drug is almost solubilised in the solvent or molecularly dispersed state which contributes the enhanced drug dissolution.
Cite this article:
E. Bhavya, M.D. Dhere. Liquisolid Compacts Technique of Poor Water Soluble Drugs: An Overview. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2021; 14(10):5569-5572. 2021; 14(10):5569-2. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00970
E. Bhavya, M.D. Dhere. Liquisolid Compacts Technique of Poor Water Soluble Drugs: An Overview. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2021; 14(10):5569-5572. 2021; 14(10):5569-2. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00970 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-10-88
1. R. Santosh Kumar and Jampana Divija Sai. Liquisolid compacts: a review. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics. 2019; 9(4-a): 880-883.
2. Amol S. Deshmukh, Vinod G. Mahale, Vijay R. Mahajan. Liquisolid compact techniques: a review. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2014; 6(3): 161-166.
3. Shashidher Burra, Madhusudhanrao Yamsani, Yenkateswarlu Vobalaboina. The Liquisolid technique: an overview. Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2011; 47(3).
4. Mei Lu, Haonan Xing, Jingzheng Jiang, Xiao Chen, Tianzhi Yang,m Dongkai Wang, Pingtian Ding. Liquisolid technique and its applications in pharmaceutics. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2017; 12: 115–123.
5. J. Hamsanandini, S. Parthiban, A.Vikneswari, T. Tamiz Mani. Dissolution enhancement techniques of poorly soluble drugs by liquisolid compacts. International Journal of Research in pharmaceutical and Nano Sciences. 2014; 3(4): 298 - 304.
6. Utsav S. Patel, Khushbu C. Patel. Liquisolid technique for poorly soluble drugs. http://www.jsirjournal.com, volume 2 issue 1, ISSN: 2230-4818
7. Manisha Rokade, Pradnya Khandagale, Dipti Phadtare. Liquisolid compact techniques: a review. International Journal of Current Pharmaceutical Research. 2018; 10(4).
8. Sahil M. Gavali, Sharad S. Pacharane, Shirish V. Sankpal, Kisan R. Jadhav and Vilasrao J. Kadam. Liquisolid compact: a new technique for Enhancement of drug dissolution. International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Chemistry.
9. Sandip Vajir, Vishal Sahu, Nilesh Ghuge, BV Bakde. Effect of dissolution rate by liquisolid compact approach:an overview. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Chemical Sciences.
10. Sudarshan B. Aher, Dattatraya M. Shinkar, Ravindra B. Saudagar. Liquisolid dosage system: a novel approach for dosage formulation. 2015; 6(1).
11. Nidhal Khazaal Maraie, Ali Imad Abdul Mahdi. Comparative study between liquisolid compacts, liquisolid microsystem and solid dispersion Technology for the preparation of immediate release nicardipine tablets. Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res. 2017; 43(1): 116-126.
12. Anjana Anil, Litha Thomas, Preethi Sudheer. Liquisolid compacts: an nnovative approach for dissolution enhancement. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2018; 10(6).
13. Chella Naveen, Nalinishastri, Ramaraotadikonda. Use of the liquisolid compact technique for improvement of the dissolution rate of valsartan. Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica B. 2012; 2(5): 502–508.
14. Shrishail S. Patil, Anant Singh Verma, Hiremath Doddayya and R. H. Udupi. Development and in-vitro evaluation of liquisolid compacts of lornoxicam. IJPSR. 2020; 1(5).