Krishnaphanisri Ponnekanti, K. Sunitha, S. Ganapaty
Krishnaphanisri Ponnekanti*, K. Sunitha, S. Ganapaty
GITAM Institute of Pharmacy, GITAM Deemed to be University, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam - 5303045, India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 10,
Year - 2021
A new rapid, accurate, precise and economical reverse phase high performance liquid chromatographic method has been developed and validated for simultaneous estimation of Methylcobalamin, Epalrestat and Pregabalin in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form. The separation was accomplished utilizing Agilent C18, 150 x 4.6mm, 5? column at a detection wavelength of 210nm utilizing the mobile phase water and acetonitrile 60: 40 v/v at the flow rate of 0.8ml/min and injection volume of 10µl. The total run time was 6.0?min. Validation discovered the method was specific, rapid, accurate, precise, reliable and reproducible. The calibration curve was linear over the concentration range of 0.37 – 2.25µg/ml of Methylcobalamin, 37.5-225µg/ml of Epalrestat and 37.5-225µg/ml of Pregabalin respectively with correlation coefficient of 0.999. The accuracy was determined by recovery studies and was found to be 99.5-100%. The precision of the results stated that the %RSD was <2%. The limits of detection for Methylcobalamin, Epalrestat and Pregabalin were 0.2, 0.9 and 1.2µg/ml, while the limits of quantification were 0.5, 1.5 and 0.9µg/ml respectively. Forced degradation study was carried out under acidic, alkaline, oxidative, photolytic and thermal conditions to prove the stability-indicating ability of the developed HPLC method. The high recovery confirms the suitability of developed method and can be further used in routine analysis.
Cite this article:
Krishnaphanisri Ponnekanti, K. Sunitha, S. Ganapaty. Development and Validation of new RP-HPLC Method for simultaneous Estimation of Methylcobalamin, Epalrestat and Pregabalin in bulk and Pharmaceutical dosage form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(10):5097-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00888
Krishnaphanisri Ponnekanti, K. Sunitha, S. Ganapaty. Development and Validation of new RP-HPLC Method for simultaneous Estimation of Methylcobalamin, Epalrestat and Pregabalin in bulk and Pharmaceutical dosage form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(10):5097-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00888 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-10-6
1. Azim Md. S, Mitra M and Bhasinparminder S. HPLC method development and validation: A review. International Research Journal of Pharmacy, 2013; 4(4): 39-46.
2. Janmajoy B, Padmalatha H, Rahul and Ranbir C. Method development and validation for the simultaneous estimation of epalrestat and pregabalin in bulk and pharmaceutical formulation by using rp-hplc. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2018; 8(3): 174-180.
3. Ashutosh Kumar S, Manidipa D, Seshagiri Rao J. V. L. N and Gowri Sankar. A new, simple, sensitive, accurate and rapid analytical method development and validation for simultaneous estimation of pregabalin, mecobalamin and alpha lipoic Acid in bulk as well as in pharmaceutical dosage form by using rp-hplc. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2014; 7(4): 426-433
4. Sreekanth.D, Ramya. P, Vishwanadh. Y and Vanitha. R. Development and method validation of rp-hplc for simultaneous determination of pregabalin and methylcobalamin in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form. 2017; 10(4): 557-565.
5. Radhakrishnan S, Meena S and Ravindran M. Modified simultaneous spectrophotometric method development for the estimation of duloxetine and methylcobalamin in bulk, tablet and capsule dosage forms. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2018; 12(6): 2877-2880.
6. Lakshmana Rao A and Naga Navya E. Development and validation of a rp-hplc-uv method for the simultaneous determination of epalrestat and pregabalin in combined pharmaceutical formulation. Chromatography And Separation Techniques Journal, 2019; 2(1): 1-7.
7. Janaki Pathi P and Appala Raju N. The estimation of epalrestat in tablet dosage form by rp-hplc. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2012; 2(2): 49-51.
8. Annapurna MM, Sushmitha M and Anusha K. New analytical techniques for the determination of epalrestat in pharmaceutical dosage forms by spectrophotometry. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2017; 10(3): 739-742.
9. Sneha J and Chandrakant M. Influence of water-soluble polymers on epalrestat ternary complexation by kneading. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2019; 12(8): 3602-3608.
10. Tanushree S, Raju T, Bhagyashree S. P, Rupali R. M and Manoj M. N. Formulation and in-vitro evaluation of fast dissolving tablets using pregabalin as a model drug. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2015; 8(2): 154-160.
11. Veena N, Rama Mohan Reddy T and Abbulu K. Assay method for simultaneous estimation of epalrestat and pregabalin in pure and its dosage form by rp-hplc. International Journal of Pharmacy and Analytical research, 2019; 8(1): 18-27.
12. Santosh S, Chhajed A, Sandeep S, Sonawane, Akshada P, Pingle, Neelam D, Sakshi and Sanjay JK. Development and validation of uv spectrophotomteric method for estimation of pregabalin. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2019; 9(1): 15-18.
13. Purushothaman P, Umar Faruk Sha A and Vetrichelvan T. Formulation development and evaluation of immediate and sustained release bilayer tablets containing amitriptyline HCl and pregabalin for the treatment of neuropathic Pain. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2017; 7 (3): 127-136
14. Sravanthi T and Madhavi N. Stability indicating uplc method for simultaneous estimation of epalrestat and pregabalin in tablet dosage form. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2019; 12(2): 489-494.
15. Angala Parameswari S and Arunamma G. Stability indicating rp-hplc method for simultaneous determination of epalrestat and pregabalin in bulk and tablet dosage form. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 2018; 9(5): 1844-50.
16. Krima R P et al. Liquid chromatographic estimation of epalrestat and methylcobalamin in pharmaceutical formulation. Research and Reviews: Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2014;3 (2): 35-42
17. Keval L. C and Dilip G.M. Rp-Hplc method for the estimation of epalrestat and methylcobalamin in their combined dosage form. Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2014; 4(6): 2697-2705
18. Dilip G. M and Keval C. Development and validation of uv spectrophotometric method for simultaneous estimation of epalrestat and methylcobalamin in the pharmaceutical dosage form. International Journal of Pharmacy Technology and Research.2014; 6(4): 1180-88
19. Bhatt KK, Emanual MP and Aswin M. Simultaneous estimation of pregabalin and methylcobalamin in pharmaceutical formulation by rp- hplc method. Journal of Analytical and Bioanalytical Techniques, 2013; 4(1): 1-4