Abdu Ghalib ALKolaibe, Waill A. Elkhateeb, Marwa O. Elnahas, El-Manawaty M., Deng CY, Ting-Chi Wen, Ghoson M. Daba
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Abdu Ghalib ALKolaibe1, Waill A. Elkhateeb2*, Marwa O. Elnahas2, El-Manawaty M.3, Deng CY4, Ting-Chi Wen5,6,7*, Ghoson M. Daba2
1Microbiology Department, Faculty of Science, Taiz University, Taiz, Yemen.
2Chemistry of Natural and Microbial Products Department, Pharmaceutical Industries Researches Division, National Research Centre, El Buhouth St., Dokki, 12311, Giza, Egypt.
3Drug Bioassay-Cell Culture Laboratory, Pharmacognosy Department, National Research Centre, Dokki, Giza, 12622, Egypt.
4Guizhou Institute of Biology, Guizhou Academy of Sciences, Guiyang, Guizhou 550009, China.
5State Key Laboratory Breeding Base of Green Pesticide and Agricultural Bioengineering, Key Laboratory of Green Pesticide and Agricultural Bioengineering, Ministry of Education, Guizhou University, Guiyang 550025, China.
6The Engineering Research Center of Southwest Bio–Pharmaceutical Resources Ministry of Education, Guizhou University, Guiyang 550025, Guizhou Province, China.
7The Mushroom Rese
Volume - 14,
Issue - 10,
Year - 2021
Metacordyceps neogunnii is an edible mushroom that has been previously known as Cordyceps gunnii. Recently, it has been proven that Metacordyceps neogunnii differs from similar species by having longer asci and wider ascospores and is phylogenetically distinct to related species. Few studies are available to describe bioactivities exerted by Metacordyceps neogunnii extracts which is insufficient to evaluate the potency of this mushroom. Therefore, the current work was conducted to evaluate the in vitro a-Amylase inhibitory ability, wound healing, and anti-human pancreatic cancer activities of Metacordyceps neogunnii 80% methanolic extract. M. neogunnii extract showed no effect on human cancer pancreatic cell line (Paca2). However, the same extract exhibited slight wound healing effect. On the other hand, M. neogunnii extract exhibited good a-amylase inhibitory activity that reached 69.3±0.78%, and IC50 of 32.38±4.0.
Cite this article:
Abdu Ghalib ALKolaibe, Waill A. Elkhateeb, Marwa O. Elnahas, El-Manawaty M., Deng CY, Ting-Chi Wen, Ghoson M. Daba. Wound Healing, Anti-pancreatic Cancer, and α-amylase Inhibitory Potentials of the Edible Mushroom, Metacordyceps neogunnii. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(10):5249-3. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00914
Abdu Ghalib ALKolaibe, Waill A. Elkhateeb, Marwa O. Elnahas, El-Manawaty M., Deng CY, Ting-Chi Wen, Ghoson M. Daba. Wound Healing, Anti-pancreatic Cancer, and α-amylase Inhibitory Potentials of the Edible Mushroom, Metacordyceps neogunnii. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(10):5249-3. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00914 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-10-32
1. Elkhateeb W, Daba G. The endless nutritional and pharmaceutical benefits of the Himalayan gold, Cordyceps; Current knowledge and prospective potentials. Biofarmasi Journal of Natural Product Biochemistry 2020; 18(2).
2. Zha LS, Huang SK, Xiao YP, Boonmee S, Eungwanichayapant PD, McKenzie EH, Wen TC. An evaluation of common Cordyceps (Ascomycetes) species found in Chinese markets. International journal of medicinal mushrooms 2018; 20(12): 1-10.
3. Zhu ZY, Chen X, Zhou JP, Liu AJ, Zhang YJ, Zhang YM. Extraction and Purification and Activity Analysis of Antitumor-active Components from Cordyceps gunnii (Berk.) Berk. Food Science 2009; 30(9): 200-203.
4. Zhang X, Zhang X, Gu S, Pan L, Sun H, Gong E, Zhu Z, Wen T, Daba GM, Elkhateeb WA. Structure analysis and antioxidant activity of polysaccharide-iron (III) from Cordyceps militaris mycelia. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 2021; 1-10.
5. She X, Yao T, Ding L. Identification and Analysis of Secondary Metabolites from CH3OH/H2O Extract of Metacordyceps neogunnii //E3S Web of Conferences. EDP Sciences, 2019; 118: 01027.
6. Liang ZQ, Chang SJ, Liu AY. Analgesic substance from the anamorph of Cordyceps gunnii (Berk.). Journal of Huazhong Agricultural 2004; 23(1): 40-43.
7. Li SF, Bao SJ, Sun GC. Experimental study on antiaging effect of Penicillium guricillium [J]. Guizhou Medical Journal 1996; 20(1): 25-26 (in Chinese).
8. Xiao J, Fang N, Xiao Y, Qi Y, Liu J, Liang Z. Immunosuppressive activity of exopolysaccharide from Paecilomyces gunnii. Zhong yao cai= Zhongyaocai= Journal of Chinese medicinal materials 2004; 27(3): 192-195.
9. Daba G, Elkhateeb W, Eldien AN, Fadl E, Elhagrasi A, Fayad W, Wen TC. Therapeutic potentials of n-hexane extracts of the three medicinal mushrooms regarding their anti-colon cancer, antioxidant, and hypocholesterolemic capabilities. Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity 2020; 21(6): 1-12.
10. Zhang Q, Zhang YM, Lu WQ. Study of polysacchrides of Cordyceps Gunnii Berks on learning and memory ability of mice. Acta Nutrimenta Sinica 2007; 29(4): 393-395,400 (in Chinese).
11. Wen TC, Xiao YP, Han YF, Huang SK, Zha LS, Hyde KD, Kang JC. Multigene phylogeny and morphology reveal that the Chinese medicinal mushroom ‘Cordyceps gunnii ’is Metacordyceps neogunnii sp. nov. Phytotaxa 2017; 302(1): 27-39.
12. Zhang SS. Studies on Antitumor Effect and Molecular Mechanism of Ganoderma atrum polysaccharide. Nanchang University 2014; 1-10.
13. Hapuarachchi KK, Elkhateeb WA, Karunarathna SC, Cheng CR, Bandara AR, Kakumyan P, Wen TC. Current status of global Ganoderma cultivation, products, industry and market. Mycosphere 2018; 9(5): 1025-1052.
14. Thomas PW, Elkhateeb WA, Daba GM. Truffle and truffle-like fungi from continental Africa. Acta Mycologica 2019; 54(2): 1-15.
15. Elkhateeb W, Daba G, Elnahas M, Thomas P, Emam M. Metabolic profile and skin-related bioactivities of Cerioporus squamosus hydromethanolic extract. Biodiversitas Journal of Biological Diversity 2020; 21(10): 4732- 4740.
16. Aleem A, Anjum NF, Kavitha AN. Comparative In Vitro Antimicrobial Activity of Three different Macro Fungus Extracts Against Clinical Isolates of Gram-Negative Pathogens. Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 2012; 4(1): 29-32.
17. Bansal V, Tyagi S, Ghosh K, Gupta A. Extraction of protein from Mushroom and determining its Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory Potential. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2020; 13(12): 6017-6021.
18. Jasrotia N, Prashar B. Medicinal mushrooms: A blessing for mankind. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Science 2012; 2(1): 12-15.
19. Khatua S, Paul S, Acharya K. Mushroom as the potential source of new generation of antioxidant: a review. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2013; 6(5): p.3.
20. Krishnaveni M, Manikandan M. Antimicrobial activity of mushrooms. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2014; 7(4): p.399.
21. Mitra P, Khatua S, Mandal NC, Acharya K. Beneficial properties of crude polysaccharides from Termitomyces medius of West Bengal to scavenge free radicals as well as boost immunity: A new report. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2021; 14(2): 1073-1078.
22. Panchawat SS. Mushroom: A Review. Research Journal of Science and Technology 2012; 4(6): p.II.
23. Roy A, Prasad P. Properties and uses of an Indigenous Mushroom: Calocybe indica. Asian J. Pharm. Tech 2014; 4(1): 17-21.
24. Sharma D, Prashar D, Chauhan R, Chauhan M, Jasrotia N, Saklani S. World of Medicinal Mushroom-An Overview. Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 2012; 4(1): p.39.
25. Mei DQ, Wen TC, Liang ZQ. The Effect of Mycelial Polysaccharide from Paecilomyces Gunnii (MPPG) on Immunosuppressive Factors From Tumor in Vitro. Journal of Guizhou University (Natural Science Edition), Nat Sci. 2006; 23: 191-195.
26. Kelley DE. Sugars and starch in the nutritional management of diabetes mellitus. The American journal of clinical nutrition 2003; 78(4): 858S-864S.
27. Papoutsis K, Zhang J, Bowyer MC, Brunton N, Gibney ER, Lyng J. Fruit, vegetables, and mushrooms for the preparation of extracts with α-amylase and α-glucosidase inhibition properties: A review. Food Chemistry 2020; p.128119.
28. Zhao EL, Zhao SH, et al. Research progress on the α-Amylase inhibition of Active ingredients of Natural products. Food Research and Development 2020; 41(19): 199-203.
29. Luo CL, Wei YT. Current Progress in Application of Amylase and Its Classification. Guangxi Sciences, 2018; 25(3): 248-252.
30. Kong F, Qin Y, Su Z, Ning Z, Yu S. Optimization of extraction of hypoglycemic ingredients from grape seeds and evaluation of α‐glucosidase and α‐amylase inhibitory effects in vitro. Journal of food science 2018; 83(5): 1422-1429.
31. Qian M, Haser R, Payan F. Carbohydrate binding sites in a pancreatic α‐amylase‐substrate complex, derived from X‐ray structure analysis at 2.1 Å resolution. Protein Science 1995; 4(4): 747-755.
32. Rane AS, Venkatesh V, Joshi RS, Giri AP. Molecular investigation of Coleopteran specific α-Amylase inhibitors from Amaranthaceae members. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 2020; 163: 1444-1450.
33. Song Y, Zhouch O. Inhibition of three phenolic acids for a-amylase. Food & Machinery 2013; 29(6): 38-40.
34. Chen PX, Wang S, Nie S, Marcone M. Properties of Cordyceps sinensis: A review. Journal of Functional Foods 2013; 5(2): 550-569.
35. El-Hagrassi A, Daba G, Elkateeb W, Ahmed E, Negm El Dien A, Fayad W, Shaheen, M, Shehata R, El-Manawaty M, Wen TC. In vitro bioactive potential and chemical analysis of the n-hexane extract of the medicinal mushroom, Cordyceps militaris. Malaysian Journal of Microbiology 2020; 16: 40-48.
36. Wu L, Sun H, Hao Y, Zheng X, Song Q, Dai S, Zhu Z. Chemical structure and inhibition on α-glucosidase of the polysaccharides from Cordyceps militaris with different developmental stages. International Journal of biological macromolecules 2020; 148: 722-736.
37. Gan ZT, Yao T, Ding L. Progress on chemical components, pharmacological action and development of Metacordyceps neogunnii. Natural Product Research and Development 2019; (6): 27.