Kavitha K, Mohan.S, Srinivasan.N, Suresh. R
Kavitha K1*, Mohan.S1, Srinivasan.N2, Suresh. R2
1Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Karpagam College of Pharmacy, Ottakalpandapam, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
2Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, Tamil Nadu.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2021
Some novel Schiff bases of quinazolin-4-(3H)-one were synthesized in good yields and evaluated for their possible anti-bacterial, anti-fungal activities. The structures of the newly synthesized compounds were confirmed by their spectrum of IR, NMR, and MASS. Their antibacterial, fungal activities were evaluated by Plate hole diffusion method against gram positive, gram negative bacteria and Aspergillus Niger, candida albicans were used. The newly synthesized compounds showed moderate to significant anti-bacterial and fungal activities when compared to standard drug. The obtained results showed that the most active compounds could be useful as a template for future design and modification, investigation to produce more active pharmacophores.
Cite this article:
Kavitha K, Mohan.S, Srinivasan.N, Suresh. R. Design, Synthesis, Characterization of Antimicrobial activity of Schiff bases of novel Quinazolin-4-one Derivatives. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2021; 14(1):466-470. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00085.8
Kavitha K, Mohan.S, Srinivasan.N, Suresh. R. Design, Synthesis, Characterization of Antimicrobial activity of Schiff bases of novel Quinazolin-4-one Derivatives. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2021; 14(1):466-470. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00085.8 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-1-85
1. Rajesekaran S, Rao K. Synthesis, antibacterial and anti-oxidant activity of some 2, 3-substituted quinazolin-4 (3H)-ones. Der Pharm Let.2012:4(1):349-353.
2. Marzaro G, Guiotto A, Chilin A, Quinazoline derivatives as potential anticancer-4-ones as potential anti cancer agents: a patent review (2007-2010). Expert Opin Ther Patents. 2012:3:223-252
3. Desai NC, Dodiya A, Bhatt N, Kumar M. Dimeric 2-(2-chlorophenyl)-quinazolin-4-ones as potential antimicrobial agents. Med Chem. Res.2012:21:1127-1135.
4. Vashi RT, Shelat CD, Patel H, Synthesis and anti fungal activity of 6 bromo-2(4-(2, 3-dichlorophenyl)) piperazine-1-yl) methyl)-3-(8 hydroxy-4-one ligand and its transition metal chelates. IJABPT.2010:1:883.
5. Rajput CS, Kumar S, Kumar A. Synthesis and antifungal activity of substituted quinazolinones. Int J Chem Tech Res. 2010: 2(3): 1653.
6. Mosaad SM, Mohammed KI, Ahmed MA, Hamide SGA. Synthesis of certain new iodo quinazolines as potential antitubercular agents. App Sci 2004:4(2):302.
7. Rajasekaran S, Rao GK, Pai S, Virya GK, Sodhi GS. Synthesis and in vitro study of biological activity of 2,3-substituted quinazolin-4(3H)-ones. Chem Pharm Res.2010:2(2):462.
8. Levin JI. Venkadesan AM, Bailey TK, Vice G and Coupet.J.6-Substituted quinazolinone angiotensin II Receptor antagonist. Bio Org Med Che.1994:4(15):1819-24.
9. Laddha SS, Bhatnagar SP. Novel fused quinazolinones: further studies on the anticonvulsant activity of 1, 2,9,11 tetra substituted -7H Thieno 2,3,4,5 pyrimodo 6,1-b)-quinazlin-7-one and 1,3,10,12 tetrasubstituted-8H-Pyrido 2,3,4pyrimido 6,1-b)quinazolin-8-one. ECSOC-13.2009.
10. Kiruthiga B, Ilango K Valentina P, Uma rani N, Patel R. Synthesis of some new 2-substituted quinazolin-4-one derivatives and biological activities. Int J Pharm Tech Res.2009:1(4):1503.
11. Ahmed K, Ramana KV, Ankati HB and Ramana AV, Mild and efficient reduction of azides to amines: synthesis of fused (2,1-b) quinazolinones. Tetrahedron let.2002:43:6863.
12. Rajasekaran, Gopalkrishna Rao, H.S. Niranjan. Synthesis and antitubercular activity of some substituted 2, 3-quinazolinone analogs. IJPSR.2012:3(11):4394-4397
13. Joshi. Dharti G, Harish B., Parekh H. Synthesis of 2,4-aryl substituted quinazoline 4(3H) one. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 1997:3:169
14. V.S Ridharet et al. synthesis of novel 4,6-disubstituted quinazoline derivatives, their anti inflammatory and anticancer activity against U937 Leukemia cells. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry.
15. Ahmed EI-Mekabat. International Journal of Modern Organic Chemistry. 2013: 6(5): 654-657.
16. Kavitha K, Srinivasan N, Suresh R, Haribabu Y, Sivakumar T. Synthesis, characterization and anti-inflammatory activity, anti-microbial agents of novel quinazolin-4-(3H)-one derivatives. EJPMR.2019:6(5):654-657.
17. Cristian Cezar Login, Ioana Baldea et al. A novel thiazolyl Schiff base: antibacterial and antifungal effects and invitro oxidative stress modulation on human endothelial cells. Oxidative medicine and Cellular Longevity. 2019:1607903:11
18. Kavitha K, Nehla Yahoob, Vijayakumar B, Reshma Fathima. Synthesis and evaluation of quinazolinone derivatives. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry.2017:10(4):577-581.