Karajgi S.R., Metri S.M., Akhtar Khan, Rashidur Islam, Preeti K., Potadar S.S.
Karajgi S.R.*, Metri S.M., Akhtar Khan, Rashidur Islam, Preeti K., Potadar S.S.
Dept. of Quality Assurance, BLDEA’s SSM College of Pharmacy and Research Centre, Vijayapur 586103, Karnataka, India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2021
A simple and efficient method for the determination and estimation of area under curve of Cetirizine dihydrochloride has been developed using distilled water as solvent. Cetirizine dihydrochloride obeys Beer’s Law in the concentration range of 10-30µg/ml at Area of 225nm to 235nm using UV-spectrophotometer SHIMADZU model UV 1800. The method was applied to the tablet formulations and found to be accurate, precise and economic for routine determination of Cetrizine in pharmaceutical dosage forms.
Cite this article:
Karajgi S.R., Metri S.M., Akhtar Khan, Rashidur Islam, Preeti K., Potadar S.S. Development of Validated Analytical Area under Curve UV Spectrophotometric Method for Assay of Cetrizine Dihydrochloride. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2021; 14(1):214-218. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00037.8
Karajgi S.R., Metri S.M., Akhtar Khan, Rashidur Islam, Preeti K., Potadar S.S. Development of Validated Analytical Area under Curve UV Spectrophotometric Method for Assay of Cetrizine Dihydrochloride. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2021; 14(1):214-218. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2021.00037.8 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-1-37
1. Khalid Abdel-salam M. Attia, Nasr M. El-Abasawy, Tahany Fouad Mohamed, Mohamed M. Shahin New Simple Spectrophotometric Methods for Determination of Cetirizine in Presence of Its Oxidative Degradant in Pure Form and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form 2016; Vol. 5 (3):1-21.
2. Jaber AM, Al Sherife HA, Al Omari MM, Badwan AA. J Pharm Biomed Anal. Determination of cetirizine dihydrochloride, related impurities and preservatives in oral solution and tablet dosage forms using HPLC.2004 Oct 29; 36 (2):341-50.
3. El Walily AF, Korany MA, el Gindy A, Bedair MF. Spectrophotometric and high-performance liquid chromatographic determination of cetirizine dihydrochloride in pharmaceutical tablets. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 1998 Jul;17(3):435-42.
4. Zaater MF, Tahboub YR, Najib NM.) RP-LC method for the determination of cetirizine in serum Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis Volume 22, Issue 5, June 2000, Pages 739-744
5. M Ravi, Dr. T Veeraiah, CH Venkata Ramana Reddy, Spectrophotometric determination of Cetirizine: Dyes as analytical reagents, International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Volume 3; Issue 2; March 2018; Page No. 123-128
6. Development and validation of a ultra-performance liquid chromatographic method for the assay of Cetrizine Dihydrochloride, P. Ravikumar Reddy, V. Krishna Reddy, E. Sasikuran Gouda, Y. Ramachandra Reddy, International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol. 6 (2), 2014.