Chronopharmacology is a study of way and duration to that the pharmacokinetic and dynamics of medicine straightly damaged by internal biological rhythm and drug dosing time affect biological timekeeping and biological rhythms. Chronopharmacology builds by pharmacotherapy, pharmacokinetics, and toxicity. Chronopharmacotherapy is considered to science that explicates the biological pulse depended on medicine. It effectively resolves issues of drug development. For example to improve the desired energy or to decrease undesired effects. So Chronopharmacology approaches associate a minor risk of errors and or wrong information than the common homeostatic approach. The drug effective and toxic vary depending on dosing time involved with twenty-four hours. The great amount of protein is necessary for regular body vibration either medication absorption or metabolic action result in constant pharmacokinetics, and vibration in a physiological system to focus on these medication result in regular pharmacodynamics. These circadian is display in the most living organism of the body, arranged in the characteristic of rank order. The circadian clock is under control and maintaining the behavioral and physiological function of the body like physiology and behavioral action managed in “master clock” in the SCN (suprachiasmatic nucleus) of the thalamus, other are managed by “laborer” vibration separate in brain sector or body tissues. In this treatment pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, action maintains in the circadian clock. Chronopharmacological principle currently used in different cardiovascular diseases such as pulmonary embolism, angina, hypertension, etc. in circadian pattern blood pressure change in a day. To regularly monitoring blood pressure in morning and night the reveals a pattern with the lowest amount of systolic and diastolic pressure but midnight to morning 4 am blood pressure values different compare with after morning 7 am tonight. Blood pressure level increases in the early morning and reduces during sleeping time. Suddenly raise in BP are leads to a rise in heart rate. It caused by the synthetic reaction process on the body and expressed into the bloodstream to produce different actions in the body.
Cite this article:
Tamilanban. T, Mohamedmajeed. A, Chitra. V. Overview of Chronopharmacology. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(9):4457-4463. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00787.8
Tamilanban. T, Mohamedmajeed. A, Chitra. V. Overview of Chronopharmacology. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(9):4457-4463. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00787.8 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-13-9-75
1. Singh R, Sharma PK, Malviya R. Review on Chronopharmaceutices – a new remedy in the treatment of various diseases. European j biological. Sci. 2010; 2(3): 67-76.
2. Pednekar PP, Parmar CK: Chronopharmaceutical Drug Delivery Systems: An Overview, International Journal Of Current Pharmaceutical Research, Vol 3, Issue 4, 2011.
3. Rothe CF. Cardiodynamics. In: Selkurt EE, ed. Physiology. Boston: Little, Brown; 1971:321-344.
4. Patel B, Prajapati P and Patel C. Chronopharmacolgy and Chronopharmaceutical of cardiovascular disease. Res. J Pharma. Bio. Chem. Sci. 2011; 2:(2): 740-48.
5. Pandit V, Suresh S. Emerging role of biorhythms in optimizing treatment of disease. Indian. J novel drug delivery 2009; 1: 2-10.
6. Czeisler CA, Gooley JJ. Sleep and circadian rhythms in humans. Cold spring harb symp quant boil 2007; 72: 579-597.
7. Seth SD, Seth V. Chronopharmacology. In: Motghare VM, Faruqui AA, Dudhgaonkar S, Turankar AV, editors. Textbook of Pharmacology. Uttar Pradesh, India: Elsevier a division of Reed Elsevier India Private Limited; 2009. p. 7.
8. Reinberg A. Medical chronobiology, chronotherapy. Lavoisier Med Sci 2003; 5:309.
9. Devdhawala MG, Seth AK. Current status of Chronopharmatherapeutic drug delivery system: an overview. J Chem. Res 2010; 2(3):312-328.
10. Maurya KK, Semwal BC, Neelam S, Ruqsana K. Chronopharmacology: a Tool for Therapy of Diseases. Int Res J Pharm. 2012;3(5):128–32.
11. Saini S, . Y. Chronotherapy: A Review. Int J Drug Deliv Technol. 2014;4(3):90–102.
12. Wal P, Wal A, Rai AK, Saxsena A. Chronopharmaceutices as a novel approach for drug delivery. J Pharma. Sci. and tech 2009; 1(2): 59-62.
13. Rajkumar LA, Kumar SV. Evaluation of chronosensitivity and Chronopharmacology of some centrally acting potential drugs in albino wistar rats. Scholars research library 2010; 1(4):52-56.
14. Mehul DG, Avinash SK. Current status of chronotherapeutic drug delivery system: An overview. J Chem Pharm Res 2010; 2:312-28.
15. Smolensky MH, Lemmer B, Reinberg AE. Chronobiology and chronotherapy of allergic rhinitis and bronchial asthma. Adv Drug Deliv Rev 2007; 59:852-82.
16. Lang RM, Borow KM, Neumann A, Janzen D. Systemic vascular resistance: an unreliable index of left ventricular afterload. Circula¬tion. 1986; 74:1114-1123.
17. Paranjpe DA, Sharma VK. Evolution of temporal order in living organisms. J circadian rhythms 2005; 3(7):1-13.
18. Alboni P, Codeca L, Padovan G, Tomaini D, Destro A, Margutti A, Degli Uberti E, Fersini C (1981) Variazioni circadiane della frequenza sinusale in soggetti con nodo del seno normale e patologico. G Ital Cardiol 11: 1211–1218.
19. Andrews TC, Fenton T, Toyosaki N, Glasser SP, Young PM, MacCallum G, Gibson RS, Shook TL, Stone PH, for the angina and silent ischemia study group (ASIS) (1993) Subsets of ambulatory myocardial ischemia based on heart rate activity: circadian distribution and response to anti-ischemic medication. Circulation 88: 92–100.
20. Araki H, Koiwaya Y, Nakagaki O, Nakamura M (1983) Diurnal distribution of ST-segment elevation and related arrhythmias in patients with variant angina: a study by ambulatory ECG monitoring. Circulation 67: 995–1000.
21. Rajan K. Verma and Sanjay Garg, “Current Status of Drug Delivery Technologies and Future Directions,” Pharmaceutical Technology On-Line, 2001, 25 (2):1–14.
22. Devane, John G.Stark, Paul, Fanning, Niall M. M. Multiparticulate modified release composition, US Patent 6228398.
23. Prajapati B, Solanki H. Technology. 2008;8(1):1–7. http://www.elan.com/EDT/oral_control_ release_technology.
24. Pallab Roy, Aliasgar Shahiwala, Multi particulate formulation approach to pulsatile Drug delivery: Current perspectives. Journal of Controlled Release, 2009, 134: 74–80.
25. Panoz, Donald E. Geoghegan, Edward J, Controlled absorption pharmaceutical composition, US Patent 4863742.
26. Veena S Belgamwar, Madhuri V Gaikwad, Ganesh B Patil, Sanjay Surana, Pulsatile drug delivery system; Asian Journal of Pharmaceutics; July-September; 2008.
27. Shweta arora, J. Ali, Alka ahuja, Sanjula baboota and J. qureshi, pulsatile drug Delivery system: An Approach for controlled drug delivery; Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical. Science. 2006, 68 (3): 295-300.
28. Pallab Roy, Aliasgar Shahiwala, Multiparticulate formulation approach to pulsatile Drug delivery: Current perspectives. Journal of Controlled Release, 2009, 134: 74–80.
29. Troy M. Harmon, Timing Drug Availability with Therapeutic Need, specialitypharma, Jan/Feb 2006, Vol 2:No.1.
30. Lemmer B. Cardiovascular chronobiology and chronopharmacology. Biological Rhythms in Clinical and Laboratory Medicine 1992; 418– 427.
31. Bajpai M et al. Design and In Vitro Evaluation of Compression-coated Pulsatile Release Tablets of Losartan Potassium. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2012;74(2): 101–106.
32. Ting, Richard, Hsiao, Charles, Press coated, pulsatile drug delivery system suitable for oral administration, US Patent 6372254.
33. Andrea Gazzaniga, Luca Palugan, Anastasia Foppoli, Maria Edvige Sangalli, Oral pulsatile delivery systems based on swellable hydrophilic polymers European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics 2008,68:11–18.
34. Dr. Gopi Venkatesh, New Tool for Timed, Pulsatile Drug Delivery, Pharmaceutical Formulation and Quality, June/July 2005.
35. Motghare VM, Faruqui AA, Dudhgaonkar S, Turankar AV. Cronopharmacology. In: SD Seth, Vimlesh Seth. Textbook of Pharmacology. 3rd Edition. Elsevier India; 2009:XVI.7.
36. Hippocrates, Laurentianus L, Galen. Hippocratis medici Sententiarum particula prima [-septima] Antonius Miscominus ex archetypo Laurentii imprimi curauit; Florentiae: 1494:196.
37. Kamali F, Fry JR, Bell GD. Temporal variations in paracetamol absorption and metabolism in man. Xenobiotica; the fate of foreign compounds in biological systems. 1987; 17:635-41.
38. Watanabe H, Nakano S, Nagai K, Ogawa N. Time-Dependent Absorption of Theophylline in Man. Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. 1984; 24:509-14.
39. Sudhamani T et al. Chronotherapeutic floating pulsatile drug delivery: An approach for time specific and site specification absorption of drugs. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Technology. 2011, 4(5): 685-690.
40. Macchiarulo C, Pieri R, Mitolo DC, Pirrelli A. Management of anti-hypertensive treatment with lisinopril- a chronotherapeutics approach. European review for medical and pharmacological sciences. 1999; 3:269-75.
41. Sarasija S, Hota A, Colon-specific drug delivery systems, Ind. J. Pharm. Sci., 62(1), 2002, 1-8.
42. Baghel P, Roy A, Chandrakar S, Bahadur S. Pulsatile Drug Delivery System: A Promising Delivery System. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2013, 5(3): 111-114.
43. Koppiseti VS, Sunalatha SH. Chronopharmacologly and chronopharmacotherapy-a guide to better health. Res J Pharma bio and chem. Sci. 2011; 2:266-72.
44. Dhengale AA, Darekar AB, Saudagar RB. A Review: Pulsatile Drug Delivery System. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2016, 8(3): 221-227.
45. Aodah AH. Design and evaluation of chronotherapeutics drug delivery system for the treatment of nocturnal asthma. King Saud University; 2009.
46. Singh HN, Saxena S, Singh S, Yadav AK. Pulsatile Drug Delivery System: Drugs used in the Pulsatile Formulations. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2013, 5(3):115-121.
47. Hema Jaiswal, Vaseem Ahamad Ansari, J. N. Pandit, Farogh Ahsan, Pulsatile Drug Delivery System: An Overview with Special Emphasis on Losartan and Captopril. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2019; 12(7):3175-3188.