A new simple precise, accurate and selective RP-HPLC method was developed for the simultaneous estimation of Paracetamol and Aceclofenac in their mixed formulation by separating Diclofenac. All the three drugs were separated on Kromasil C18 (150x4.6, 5µ) with reverse phase elution of the mobile phase compose of 0.05M potassium dihydrogen phosphate and Acetonitrile in the ratio 40:60 v/v at a flow rate of 1.0mL/min. The detection was made at 275nm. The retention times were 2.36 min for Paracetamol, 3.23 min for Aceclofeanc and 6.38 min for Diclofenac. The linearity ranges for paracetamol and aceclofenac were 16.25 to 48.75 and 5 to 15 mcg/ml respectively with correlation coefficients 0.999 and 1.0. The proposed method statistically validated with respect to system suitability, specificity, linearity, range, precision, accuracy, robustness and ruggedness. The method was accurate, linear, precise, specific, selective and rapid found to be suitable for the quantitative estimation of Paracetamol and Aceclofenac by separating Diclofenac.
Cite this article:
Kudupudi Chandrasekhar, A. Manikandan. A New RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation of Paracetamol and Aceclofenac in Tablets by separating Diclofenac. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(9):4334-4338. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00766.0
Kudupudi Chandrasekhar, A. Manikandan. A New RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation of Paracetamol and Aceclofenac in Tablets by separating Diclofenac. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(9):4334-4338. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00766.0 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-13-9-54
1. Indian Pharmacopoeia. 7th Edition is effective from Jan 1. 2014, 981-983, 2429-2434.
2. United States of Pharmacopoeia.42 and 37st edition of National Formulary (USP-42-NF37) is official May 1. 2019, 40-49.
3. European Pharmacopoeia.8th Edition is effective from Jan 1. 2014, 1466-1467, 2963-2964.
4. Ashish Kumar verma, D.Raj. Anand, Garima A Tiwari, Simultaneous Estimation of Aceclofenac and Paracetamol in Synthetic Mixture by Q-Analysis UV Spectrophotometric Method,
5. Bhavani Ventrapragada, S Ashutosh Kumar, Manidipa Debnath, N Sai Krishna, J Saravanan, V Greeshma. Method Development And Validation For The Simultaneous Estimation Of Aceclofenac And Paracetamol In Solid Dosage Form By Using RP –HPLC, International Journal of Bio pharmaceutics, 2014, 5(2) , 109-118.
6. Deepali Gharge, Pandurang Dhabale. Simultaneous Estimation of Aceclofenac and Paracetamol in Solid Dosage Form by RP-HPLC Method, International Journal of ChemTech Research, 2010, 2(2), 942-946.
7. Godse VP. Deodhar MN, Bhosale AV, Sonawane RA, Sakpal PS, Borkar DD and Bafana YS. Reverse Phase HPLC Method for Determination of Aceclofenac and Paracetamol in Tablet Dosage Form, Asian J. Research Chem., 2009, 2(1), 37-40.
8. M. Y. Momin, P. G. Yeole, M. P. Puranik and s. J. Wadher. Reverse phase HPLC method for determination of Aceclofenac and paracetamol in tablet dosage form, Indian J. Pharm. Sci., 2006, 68 (3): 387-389.
9. Heena Farheen, T. Mamatha, Zareena Yasmeen and Sharmila Sutradhar, Dissolution Method Development and Validation of Paracetamol–Aceclofenac Tablets, International Journal Of Pharmaceutical And Chemical Sciences, 2013, 2(2), 902-908.
10. R. Gopinath, S. Rajan, S. N. Meyyanathan, N. Krishnaveni and B. Suresh, A RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of paracetamol and aceclofenac in tablets, Indian J. Pharm. Sci., 2007, 69 (1): 137-140.
11. Vandana Gawande, Rohini Mangaonka, Kailash Bothara, Arun Kashid, Validated RP-HPLC Method For Estimation Of Rabeprazole And Aceclofenac From Human Plasma, International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2013, 5(4), 381-384.
12. Rajani N. Jinde, Pathan Azhar Khan, Manadar Abhyankar, Megha Jadhav, Development and Validation of Reverse Phase-HPLC Method for Estimation of Aceclofenac and Rabeprazole Sodium in Bulk and Combined Dosage Form, JIPBS, 2015, Vol 2 (1), 17-23.
13. B.Manasa, A. Ravi Kumar, Development And Validation Of RP-HPLC Method For The Simultaneous Estimation Of Aceclofenac And Rabeprazole Sodium In Bulk And Capsules, International Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences, 2012, 2(3), 160-169.
14. Paramasivam Balan, Nagappan Kannappan, Development and validation of stability-indicating RP-UPLC method for simultaneous estimation of thiocolchicoside and aceclofenac in combined dosage form, International Current Pharmaceutical Journal, June 2014, 3(7): 296-300.
15. R. Siva Kumar, P. Senthil Nathan, P. Kumar Nallasivan, W.D. Sam Solomon And R. Venkatnarayanan, A Validated Reversed Phase Hplc-Method For The Determination Of Aceclofenac And Tizanidine In Tablets, JPHRC, Jan 2010, 2(1): 84-94.
16. T. Venkatesh Karthikeyan, V. Vaithyalingam, G. Yuvaraj, A. Ravi Kumar And R.K. Nema, Method development and validation for the simultaneous estimation of aceclofenac, paracetamol and chlorzozazone in pharmaceutical dosage forms by high performance thin layer chromatography, The asian journal of experimental chemistry, 2009, Vol 4 (1&2), 6-9.
17. G. Rathinavel, R. Priyadarsini, D. Thakur, D. C. Premanand, J. Valarmathy, S. Hemalatha L. Samuel Joshua, K. L Senthilkumar, Validated RP-HPLC Method for Estimation of Aceclofenac, Paracetamol and Chlorzoxazone in Dosage Form, Der Pharma Chemica, 2010, 2(2): 286-296.
18. K.A. Shaikh and A.B. Devkhile, Simultaneous Determination of Aceclofenac, Paracetamol, and Chlorzoxazone by RP-HPLC in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form, Journal of Chromatographic Science, August 2008, Vol. 649-652.
19. Uttam D. Pawar, Abhijit V.Naik, Aruna V. Sulebhavikar#, Tirumal A. Datar And Kiran.V. Mangaonkar, Simultaneous Determination of Aceclofenac, Paracetamol and Chlorzoxazone by HPLC in Tablet Dose Form, E-Journal of Chemistry, 2009, 6 (1), 289-294.
20. Tejal R. Patel, Anuradha G. Patel, Shailesh V. Luhar and Sachin B. Narkhede, Development And Validation Of Stability Indicating Rp-Hplc Method For Simultaneous Estimation Of Aceclofenac, Paracetamol And Chlorzoxazone In Tablet Dosage Form, ejbps, 2018, 5 (2), 540-553.
21. P. Ravisankar, Ch. Devadasu, G. Devala Rao, M. Nageswara Rao, Development And Validation Of RP-HPLC Method For Simultaneous Determination Of Paracetamol, Aceclofenac Sodium And Chlorzoxazone In Combined Dosage From, WJPPS, 2013, 3 (1), 667-681.
22. N. Hari Krishnan, V. Gunasekaran, C. Roosewelt, K. Kalaivani, S. Chandrasekaran And V. Ravichandiran, Simultaneous Estimation and Validation of Paracetamol, Aceclofenac and Chlorzoxazone by HPLC in Pure and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form, Asian journal of chemistry, 2008, 20 (4), 2557-2562.
23. Akshay V Patel, Gaurav Bhavsar, Jai Singh Vaghela, Navin Kapadiya, Validation and Development of RP-HPLC Assay Method for Estimation of Paracetamol, Aceclofenac and Chlorzoxazone in Combined Tablet Dosage Form, The Pharmaceutical and Chemical Journal, 2015, 2(1): 25-30.
24. Prema Kumari KB, Murugan V1, Ezhilarasan V and Joseph SR, Simultaneous Determination of Paracetamol, Aceclofenac and Chlorzoxazone in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form by UHPLC Method, J Chromatogr Sep Tech, 2017, 8(5).
25. G. Saravanan*, Mohammad Yunoos and B. Pooja, Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for the simultaneous estimation of paracetamol, aceclofenac and rabeprazole sodium in bulk and its pharmaceutical dosage form, Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 2013, 5(11):409-416.
26. Kailash. G. Bothara, Rohini R. Mangaonkar, Deepali D. Bhandari, Vandana T. Gawande, Pankaj. B. Miniyar, Arun M. Kashid., Simultaneous Estimation of Paracetamol, Aceclofenac and Rabeprazole by High Performance Liquid Chromatography in Oral Solid Dosage Form, Journal Of Research Science Technology, 2013, 15: 201-209.
27. Mandhanya Mayank, Dubey Nitin, Chaturvedi S.C., Jain D.K., Simultaneously Estimation of Paracetamol, Aceclofenac and Rabeprazole in Tablet Dosage Form Using UV Spectroscopy, Asian Journal of Pharmacy & Life Science, 2011, Vol. 1 (2) : 113-117.
28. Bhavani Podili, Mohan Seelam, Prasada Rao Kammela, Analytical Method Development and Validation of Simultaneous Estimation of Paracetamol, Aceclofenac and Serratiopeptidase by RP-HPLC, International Journal of Ophthalmology & Visual Science, 2017, 2 (3) : 69-74.
29. Arun Kumar Gupta, Kunjbihari Sahu and Gaurav Jain, Development and Validation of a Reversed-Phase Liquid Chromatographic Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Paracetamol, Aceclofenac and Serritiopeptidase in Tablet Dosage Form, Int. J. of Pharm. Life Sci., 2015, 6 (12) : 4829-4838.
30. Arun Kumar Gupta, Kunjbihari Sahu and Gaurav Jain, Development and Validation of a Reversed-Phase Liquid Chromatographic Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Paracetamol, Aceclofenac and Serritiopeptidase in Tablet Dosage Form, Int. J. of Pharm. Life Sci., 2015, 6 (12) : 4829-4838.
31. Sunil R Dhaneshwar, Kanchan O Raut and Vidhya K Bhusari, Validated HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of paracetamol, aceclofenac and thiocolchicoside in bulk drug and formulation, RJPBCS, 2011, 2 (2) ; 435-445.
32. Rajan V. Rele and Rajesh N. Mali, Advance simultaneous determination of paracetamol, thiocolchicoside and aceclofenac in tablets by reverse phase high performance liquid chromatography, Der Pharmacia Sinica, 2014, 5(1):34-39.
33. Surekha Kolhal, Rama Lokhande, Sanket Gudekar, Sanjay Pednekar, Sandip Surve, Simultaneous Estimation and Quantification of three main ingredients, Aceclofenac, Thiocolchicoside & Paracetamol in Finished Dosage Form by using Reversed Phase High Performance Liquid Chromatography, Int. J. Pharm. Sci., 2016, 38(2):29-34.
34. Revankumar D. Nikhade, Ashutosh D. Thakur, Sunil B. Choudhari, Anil V. Chandewar, Simultaneous Estimation of Paracetamol, Thiocolchicoside and Aceclofenac by UV Spectrophotometer Using Multicomponent Mode Method, Journal of Pharmacy Research 2011,4(7) : 2297-2299.
35. Preeti Chandra, Atul Singh Rathore, Sathiyanarayanan Lohidasan, Kakasaheb Ramoo Mahadik, Application of HPLC for the Simultaneous Determination of Aceclofenac, Paracetamol and Tramadol Hydrochloride in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form, Sci Pharm. 2012; 80: 337–351.
36. V.V.Vaidya, K.V.Mangoakar, Shikha M.N. Roy, P.S. Barde, A.Y. Desai, Simultaneous RP-HPLC determination of aceclofenac, paracetamol and tramadol HCl in pharmaceutical preparations, ACAIJ, 7(9) 2008 :710-713.
37. Nikita Patel, Mohit Mahajan, Sadhana Rajput. Development And Validation Of RP-HPLC Method For Simultaneous Estimation Of Tapentadol Hcl, Aceclofenac And Paracetamol In Ternary Mixture, Int J Pharm Pharm Sci, 2015, 7 (8) : 336-340.
38. Hamid Khan, Mushir Ali, Alka Ahuja, Javed Ali, Validated HPLC-UV Method for Simultaneous Determination of Some Anti-Inflammatory and Analgesic Drugs, Asian J. Pharm. Ana., 2016, 6 (3) : 183-187.
39. Jenny Jeehan Nasr, Ahmed Ashour, Manal Eid, Amina Elbrashy and Fathalla Belal, Stability-Indicating Spectrophotometric Determination of Aceclofenac Using Multivariate Calibration, Pharm Anal Acta 2015, 6:3, DOI: 10.4172/2153-2435.1000342
40. Ramzia I. El-Bagary, Hassan M. E. Azzazy, Ehab F. ElKady and Faten Farouk, UPLC-MS/MS Determination of Aceclofenac and Diclofenac in Bulk, Dosage forms and in At-line Monitoring of Aceclofenac Synthesis, British Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 2014, 4(11): 1311-1331.
41. Md. F. Hossain, Subrata Bhadra, Uttom Kumar and Abu S. S. Rouf, The ICH guidance in practice: Stress degradation studies on aceclofenac and development of a validated stability-indicating reversed-phase HPLC assay in tablet dosage form, Der Pharma Chemica, 2013, 5(4):131-146.
42. Ambekar Archana M and Kuchekar Bhanudas S, Application of a Validated Stability-Indicating HPTLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Paracetamol and Aceclofenac and their Impurities, J Chromatogr Sep Tech 2016, 7:3.
43. ICH Q2 (R1), Validation of analytical procedure: Text and Methodology, November 2005.