An accurate and precise method developed and validated for Midazolam. Midazolam was analyzed by a Reverse phase high-performance liquid chromatography system with PDA detector (Agilent technologies 1220 Infinity II LC). LC solution software was used to record the data. C18- 250mm × 4.6mm and 5µm, using a mobile phase solution of ACN: water (70:30 % v/v) mobile phase. Midazolam was detected at retention time 1.627 min using flow rate of 1.0ml/min at 220 nm. At 2-20µg/ml range, calibration was estimated with a regression coefficient of r2 is 0.997. Based on the recovery data, the current method was considered simple and accurate. Limit of Detection (LOD) were 0.17µg/ml and Limit of Quantification (LOQ) was 0.5µg/ml, values was found to be within the limits. This result shows that the method was well validated and quicker, cost-effective for routine analysis of Midazolam.
Cite this article:
Sarvesh Sabarathinam, T M Vijayakumar. RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation of Midazolam: A CYP3A4 Probe Drug. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(8):3565-3568. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00630.7
Sarvesh Sabarathinam, T M Vijayakumar. RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation of Midazolam: A CYP3A4 Probe Drug. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(8):3565-3568. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00630.7 Available on: https://rjptonline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-13-8-3
1. H. N. Deepakumari, M. K. Prashanth and H. D. Revanasiddappa. Development and Validation of Reverse Phase HPLC Method for the Determination of Midazolam in Human Plasma, Analytical Chemistry Letters.2014:4(4); 213-223, DOI:10.1080/ 22297928.2014.971133
2. Desai et al. Validation and application of a modified RP-HPLC method for the quantification of Midazolam in pharmaceutical dosage forms. Ijabt.2011: 2(1); 411-416.
3. Parag S. Mahadik, Senthilkumar G.P., Amol S. Powar, Devprakash D., Tamizh Mani T. and Sulbha A. Gavali. Chemical and Biological Properties of Benzodiazepines- An overview. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2012:5(2); 181-189
4. P. Grace Kanmani Prince, Rani Hemamalini, U. Anitha, J. Premalatha, K. Sudheera. Detection of seizure using EEG Signals by Supervised Learning Algorithms. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2017; 10(10):3443-3448.
5. G R Park, A R Manara, and S Dawling. Extra-hepatic metabolism of Midazolam. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 1989 May; 27(5): 634–637.
6. S.A. Testino, Jr., G. Patonay / J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal. 2003:30;1459_/1467
7. Thummel KE, Wilkinson GR. In vitro and in vivo drug interactions involving human CYP3A. Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol. 1998; 38:389–430. [PubMed: 9597161].
8. E. Komali, Ch. Venkataramaiah, W. Rajendra. Anticonvulsant effect of Bacopa monnieri extracts on Catecholamine metabolism during PTZ - induced Epilepsy in different brain regions of Albino Rat. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2018; 11(4): 1592-1598.
9. Richa Sah and Saahil Arora. Journal of Advanced Pharmacy Education and Research.2012; 2 (3):2249-3379.
10. Ismail, R Rajavel, M Ganesh, M Jagadeeswaran, K Srinivasan, J Valarmathi, T Sivakumar. RP-HPLC Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Aspirin, Atorvastatin and Pioglitazone in Capsule Dosage Form. Asian J. Research Chem.2008 1(1); 40-42.
11. SS Chitlange, Kiran Bagri, DM Sakarkar. Stability Indicating RP- HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Valsartan and Amlodipine in Capsule Formulation. Asian J. Research Chem. 2008 1(1); 15-18.
12. Nilesh Jain, Ruchi Jain, Hemant Swami, Deepak Kumar Jain. RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Simvastatin and Ezetimibe in Bulk Drug and its Combined Dosage Form. Asian J. Research Chem. 2008:1(1); 29-31.
13. P Nagaraju, K Krishnachaithanya, VDN Srinivas, SVN Padma. Reverse Phase High Performance Liquid Chromatographic Method for the Determination of Ethamsylate in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Forms. Asian J. Research Chem. 1(2): Oct.-Dec. 2008; Page 88-90.
14. Bagyalakshmi, J., Vijayaraj, S., Sindhu, and Tk, R. (2008). Method Development and Validation of Erythrosine (E127) Using RP-HPLC Coupled With PDA Detector. Asian J. Research Chem.2008: 1(2); 95-96
15. Amit Rathi, Dinesh Dhamecha, Saifee Maria, Mohd Hassan G Dehghan. Development of UV Spectrophotometric method of Idebenone in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Formulation. Asian J. Research Chem. 2009:2(2); 168-170.
16. Bhavna Patel, Zarna Dedania, Ronak Dedania, Chetan Ramolia, G Vidya Sagar, Mehta RS. Simultaneous Estimation of Lansoprazole and Domperidone in Combined Dosage Form by RP-HPLC. Asian J. Research Chem.2009: 2(2); 210-212.
17. Gurav N, Solanki B, Gadhvi I, Patel P and Sen D: RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation for Estimation of Withaferin-A In Ranger Capsule. Int J Pharm Sci Res 2015; 6(12): 5141-46.doi: 10.13040/IJPSR.0975-8232.6(12).5141-46.