Kalyani U. Shelar, Janhavi R. Rao, Chaitali Dhale
Kalyani U. Shelar1, Janhavi R. Rao1, Chaitali Dhale2
1Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be) University, Poona College of Pharmacy, Pune - 411038, Maharashtra, India.
2Department of Quality Assurance, Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be) University, Poona College of Pharmacy, Pune - 411038, Maharashtra, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 8,
Year - 2020
The current work is intended towards the development of a novel, simple and precise high-performance thin layer chromatography (HPTLC) method coupled with densitometer for estimation of celecoxib in bulk and its pharmaceutical formulated. The chromatographic development was performed on aluminum Plates coated with silica gel 60 F254 using Toluene: Ethyl acetate: Methanol (8:2:1 v/v/v) as the mobile phase. Densitometric scanning was achieved at the absorbance maxima, at 254nm. Well separated band was observed with Rf value 0.63. The calibration curve was plotted in the concentration range from 100-600ng/spot exhibited an excellent linear relationship with R2 value of 0.9997. The method was found to comply with all the validation parameters as per international conference on harmonization (ICH) guidelines. This method elaborates that the mobile phase which was used has minimal run time. This validated method can be used by quality control laboratories for the routine quantitative analysis of Celecoxib capsule.
Cite this article:
Kalyani U. Shelar, Janhavi R. Rao, Chaitali Dhale. Stability indicating HPTLC method development and validation for the estimation of celecoxib in bulk drug and its Pharmaceutical formulation. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(8):3661-3665. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00647.2
1. Khopkar S.M. Basic concept analytical chemistry. 5th edition. New Age International Ltd Publishers, New Delhi, 1998; 1:178-79.
2. Green M. J. A Practical Guide to Analytical Method Validation.1996; 305-09.
3. R. Revathi, R. Venkatesha Perumal, S. Sudharshini, A.Mohammed Ansar, A. Thilagalakshmi, and A. P. Dinesh et al. Simple UV Spectrophotometric Determination of Celecoxib in Pure Form and in Pharmaceutical Formulations. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2011 ; Vol. 1 (2) :49-50.
4. Vijaygeeta Ragupathy, Shantha Arcot. Simultaneous spectrophotometric determination of diacerein and Celecoxib in capsule by chemometric method. International Research Journal of Pharmacy. 2013.
5. S. Baboota, S. Faiyaz, A. Ahuja, J. Ali, S. Shafiq, and S. Ahmadet al. Development and validation of a stability-indicating HPLC method for analysis of Celecoxib (CXB) in bulk drug and micro emulsion formulations. ACTA Chromatographica. 2007.
6. Dalapathi B Gugulothu and Vandana B Patravale. A New Stability-Indicating HPLC Method for Simultaneous Determination of Curcumin and Celecoxib at Single Wavelength: an Application to Nano particulate Formulation. Pharmaceutica Analytica Acta. 2012.
7. Pramod M. Dhabu and Krisnacharya G. Akamanchi. A Stability-Indicating HPLC Method to Determine Celecoxib in Capsule Formulations. Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy. 2002; Vol. 28: 815–21.
8. Chandana OSS, Ravichandrababu R. Stability indicating HPLC method for Celecoxib related substances in solid dosage forms. Int J Res Pharm Sci 2017; 7(1):10 – 18.
9. Ayman K. Hamama, John Ray, Richard O. Day and Jo anne E. Brien. Simultaneous Determination of Rofecoxib and Celecoxib in Human Plasma by High-Performance Liquid Chromatography. Journal of Chromatographic Science. August 2005; Vol. 43.
10. L.I. Bebawy A.A. Moustafa, N.F. Abo-Talib. Stability-indicating methods for the determination of doxazosinmezylate and Celecoxib. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 2002; 779–93.
11. S. Chandran, P. R. Jadhav, P. B. Kharwade and R. N. Saha. Rapid and Sensitive Spectrofluorimetric Method for the Estimation of Celecoxib and Flurbiprofen. Research Paper Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. January February 2006.
12. Małgorzata Starek and Marek Rejdych.Densitometric Analysis of Celecoxib, Etoricoxib and Valdecoxib in Pharmaceutical Preparations. Journal of Planar Chromatography 2009; 6: 399–403.
13. M. Starek, J. Krzek, and P. Rotkegel. TLC Determination of Piroxicam, Tenoxicam, Celecoxib and Rofecoxib in Biological Material. Journal of Analytical Chemistry 2015; Vol. 70: 351–359.
14. Ambavaram Vijaya Bhaskar Reddy, Nandigam Venugopal and Gajulapalle Madhavi. A selective and sensitive LC-MS/MS method for the simultaneous determination of two potential genotoxic impurities in Celecoxib. Journal of Analytical Science and Technology. 2014; 5-18.
15. ICH, Stability testing of new drug substances and products Q1A (R2), International Conference on Harmonization, IFPMA, Geneva, 2003.
16. ICH, Q2 (R1): Validation of Analytical Procedures: Text and Methodology, in proceeding of International Conference on Harmonization. Geneva, Switzerland; 2005;1:11