Zianab Tariq, Lina Saadi, Shaimaa Adnan
Zianab Tariq1*, Lina Saadi2, Shaimaa Adnan3
1Department of Chemistry, College of Sciences, University of Al-Qadisiyah, Dewanyia, Iraq.
2Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, University of Al-Qadisiyah, Dewanyia, Iraq.
3Department of Chemistry, College of Education, University of Al-Qadisiyah, Dewanyia, Iraq.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 8,
Year - 2020
A new organic reagent namely 5-(4- isopropoxy-6-( methyl amino)-5- nitrosopyrimidine-2-yl) diazenyl) quinolin-8-ol (IMNDQ) was synthesized, characterized and employed for the estimation of Cadmium (II) afterwards preconcentration using Dispersive liquid- liquid microextraction (DLLME). In this precocentration method , chloroform and methnol were used as extraction and disperser solvents respectively and the ligand 5-(4- isopropoxy-6-( methyl amino)-5- nitrosopyrimidine-2-yl) diazenyl) quinolin-8-ol was used as a reagent for the extraction of Cd (II), Visible spectrophotometry was used for the estimation of the analyte after preconcentration. The influence of various factors on the extraction was investigated, for example disperser and extraction solvent type, pH and concentration of chelating agent. At optimum condition, the enrichment factors of (95) was gotten ,the calibration graph was linear in the range (20-100) ng .mL-1 Cd+2 with detection limit of (4.46) ng .mL-1 and relative standard deviation (RSD) for seven duplicate measurements of 60 ng .mL-1 of Cd+2 was (1.12)%.The method was used to the estimation of Cd+2 in some food samples.
Cite this article:
Zianab Tariq, Lina Saadi, Shaimaa Adnan. Application of Dispersive liquid-liquid micro extraction combined with spectrophotometric technique for preconcentration and determination of Cadmium using new organic reagent. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(8):3631-3637. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00642.3
1. Rodríguez BM., Lacasaña M., Aguilar GC., Alguacil J., Gil F., González AB. Rojas GA. Association of arsenic, cadmium and manganese exposure with neurodevelopment and behavioural disorders in children: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Science of the Total Environment.2013; 454–455: 562-577.
2. Templeton DM., Liu Y. Multiple roles of cadmium in cell death and survival”. Chemico- Biological Interactions.2010; 188(2):267-275.
3. Balaram V. Recent advances in the determination of elemental impurities in pharmaceuticals-Status challenges and moving frontiers. Trends Anal. Chem. 2016;80:83–95.
4. Ensafi AA, Ghaderi AR. On-line solid phase selective separation and preconcentration of Cd(II) by solid-phase extraction using carbon active modified with methyl thymol blue. J. Hazard. Mater, 2007; 148:319.
5. Narin I., Surme Y., Bercin E., Soylak M. SP70-alpha-benzoin oxime chelating resin for preconcentration-separation of Pb(II), Cd(II), Co(II) and Cr(III) in environmental samples. J. Hazard. Mater. 2007; 145:113.
6. Burham N., Azeem SA., El-Shahat MF. Removal of Pb and Cd from aqueous media and fish liver using novel polyurethane foam functionalized with pyrazolone as a new metal ion collector. Cent. Eur. J.Chem.2009; 7:576.
7. Harun C. Separation and solid phase extraction method for the determination of cadmium in environmental samples. Desalination. 2010; 263(1–3):18 –22.
8. Alireza B., Mahroo K. Determination of Lead and Cadmium in Various Food Samples by Solid Phase Extraction Using a Novel Amino-Vinyl Functionalized Iron Oxide Magnetic Nanoparticles. Int. J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 2016;12(2): 91-101.
9. Ghaedi M., Shokrollahi A., Niknam K., Niknam. E., Najibi A., Soylak M. Cloud point extraction and flame atomic absorption spectrometric determination of cadmium(II), lead(II), palladium(II) and silver(I) in environmental samples. J. Hazardous Materials. 2009;168:1022–1027.
10. Tülay O., Sßerife T., Vedat Y., Sßenol K., Didem A. Determination of Lead and Cadmium in Food Samples by the Coprecipitation Method“. Food Chemistry.2009;113(4):1314-1317.
11. Sayed ZM., Tayebeh S., Yar MB. Determination of copper, nickel, manganese and cadmium ions in aqueous samples by flame atomic absorption spectrometry after simultaneous coprecipitation with Co(OH)2. Arabian Journal of Chemistry, article In Press.2014.
12. Jinsong L., Hengwu C., Xueqin M., Xin J. Determination of Trace Copper, Lead, Cadmium, and Iron in Environmental and Biological Samples by Flame Atomic Absorption Spectrometry Coupled to Flow Injection On-Line Coprecipitation Preconcentration Using DDTC-Nickel as Coprecipitate Carrier. International Journal of Environmental Analytical Chemistry.2000;76(4): 267-282.
13. Ayodele RI., Abisayo RA. Flame atomic absorption spectrometric determination of heavy metals in aqueous solution and surface water preceded by co-precipitation procedure with copper (II) 8-hydroxyquinoline. Appl Water Sci. 2017;7(8): 4449–4459.
14. Fang. Z., Guo T., Welz. B. Determination of cadmium, lead and copper in water samples by flame atomic- absorption spectrometry with preconcentration by flow-injection on-line sorbent extraction. Talanta,1991; 38:613–619.
15. Mellah A., Benachour D. The solvent extraction of zinc, cadmium and chromium from phosphoric acid solutions by tri-n-butyl phosphate in kerosene diluent. Sep and Purif Tech.2007; 56: 220-224
16. Tian M., Mu F., Jia Q., Quan X., Liao W. Solvent extraction studies of zinc(II) and cadmium(II) from a chloride medium with mixtures of neutral organophosphorus extractants and amine extractants. J Chem Eng Data. 2011;56: 2225-2229.
17. J. Pérez-Outeiral, E. Millán, R. Garcia-Arrona. Use of Dispersive Liquid-Liquid Microextraction and UV-Vis Spectrophotometry for the Determination of Cadmium in Water Samples. Journal of Spectroscopy, 2014; (2):1-4.
18. Rezaee M., Assadi Y., Hosseini M RM., Aghaee E., Ahmadi F., Berijani S. Determination of organic compounds in water using dispersive liquid liquid microextraction. Journal of Chromatography A. 2006; 1116(1):1-9.
19. Q. Zhou, N. Zhao, J. Xiao. Preconcentration and sensitive methodology for the determination of cadmium in environmental waters using dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction prior to analysis by atomic fluorescence spectrometry. Atomic Spectroscopy, 2011; 32(2):62–67
20. Eldevan D. S. S., Lívia O. C., Liz O. D. S., Emanuel V.D.S.V., Valfredo A. L. Dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction for simultaneous determination of cadmium, cobalt, lead and nickel in water samples by inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry. Microchimica Acta,2012; 178(3-4):269–275
21. M. Salahinejad, F. Aflaki. Simultaneous Pre-Concentration of Cadmium and Lead in Environmental Water Samples with Dispersive Liquid-Liquid Microextraction and Determination by Inductively Coupled Plasma-Atomic Emission Spectrometry. J.CHR. 2013; 1(3): 55-63
22. Eva M., Ignasi Q., Manuela H. Determination of cadmium at ultratrace levels in environmental water samples by means of total reflection X-ray spectrometry after dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction. Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry. 2013; 28(2):266–273.
23. lham Z. J., Araz B., Yaghoub A., Mohammad R.M. H., Mohammad R.J. Dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction combined with graphite furnace atomic absorption spectrometry. Ultra trace determination of cadmium in water samples. Analytica Chimica Acta. 2007;585(2): 305–311.
24. F. S. Rojas, C. B. Oi̧eda, and J. M. C. Pavón. Dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction combined with flame atomic absorption spectrometry for determination of cadmium in environmental, water and food samples. Analytical Methods.2011; 3(7): 1652–1655.
25. Xiaodong W., Qiuling Y., Zhidong Y., Qingwen D., Determination of cadmium and copper in water and food samples by dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction combined with UV-vis spectrophotometry. Microchemical Journal, 2011;97(2): 249–254.
26. Vasil A., Lívia K., Ioseph S.B., Jana Š., Recent advances in coupling single-drop and dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction with UV-vis spectrophotometry and related detection techniques. Microchemical Journal. 202; 102:1–10.
27. Khalid J.AL-Adileea, Ahmed K. Abass., Ali M. Taher. Synthesis of some transition metal complexes with new heterocyclic thiazolyl azo dye and their uses as sensitizers in photo reactions. J. Molecular Structure.2016; 1108: 378-397.
28. Guoqiang X., Yan H. Yifan L. Solid phase extraction of trace cadmium and lead in food samples using modified peanut shell prior to determination by flame atomic absorption spectrometry. Microchim Acta 2009;165: 237–242
29. Shahryar Abbasi, Kobra. Kobra., Freshteh. Abbasi. Simultaneous determination of ultra trace amounts of lead and cadmium in food samples by adsorptive stripping voltammetry. Food Chemistry. 2011;128, 254–257.
30. Jahromi E.Z., Bidari A., Assadi Y., Hosseini M.R.M., Jamali, M. R. Dispersive liquid–liquid microextraction combined with graphite furnace atomic absorption spectrometry, Ultra trace determination of cadmium in water samples. Analytica Chimica Acta.2007;585: 305.
31. Peng G., Lu Y., He Q., Mmereki D., Zhou G., Chen J., Tang X. Dispersive Liquid-Liquid Microextraction Using Low-Toxic Solvent for the Determination of Heavy Metals in Water Samples by Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometry. J. AOAC Int. 2016;99(1):260-266.
32. F. Sánchez Rojas, C. Bosch Ojedaa, J. M. Cano Pavóna. Dispersive liquid–liquid microextraction combined with flame atomic absorption spectrometry for determination of cadmium in environmental, water and food samples. J.Analytical methods.2011;3(7):1652-1655.
33. Mashaallah R., Massoud K., Malihe H. Application of Dispersive Liquid-Liquid Microextraction in Narrow-Bore Tube for Preconcentration and Spectrophotometric Determination of Cadmium in Aqueous Samples. Eurasian Journal of Analytical Chemistry.2017;12(3):197-209
34. Yousefi S. R., Shemirani F. Development of a robust ionic liquid-based dispersive liquid–liquid microextraction against high concentration of salt for preconcentration of trace metals in saline aqueous samples, Application to the determination of Pb and Cd. Analytica Chimica Acta,2010; 669: 25.
35. Xiaodong W., Qiuling Y., Zhidong Y., Qingwen D. Determination of cadmium and copper in water and food samples by dispersive liquid–liquid microextraction combined with UV–vis spectrophotometry. J. Microchemical.2011;97(2):249-254.