In the current work a UV-Visible spectroscopical technique having simplicity, sensitivity, rapidness, preciseness and accuracy has been developed and validated for quantification of Mometasone Furoate (MF) in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms. The guiding principle of the International Conference on Harmonization (ICH), were followed and the method has been validated for various analytical parameters like linearity, precision, and accuracy robustness, ruggedness, LOD, quantification limit and formulation analysis. The obtained results of the study were validated statistically. MF was detected at wavelength maxima of 246 nm in dichloromethane using spectrophotometer (double beam UV-Visible) and analysed in a concentration range from 1.0 to 10.0 µg/ ml. The coefficient of correlation (r2) was observed 0.9993 and found in good agreement by Beer Lambert’s law. The preciseness (intra-day and inter-day) was found compliant with the official RCD limits (RSD<2%). The recovery studies were performed to verify the accuracy of the projected methodology. The sensitivity of the strategy was assessed by decisive the limit of detection and limit of quantification. It had been concluded that the projected methodology for estimation of MF in active and in marketed formulation (cream) was easy, accurate, economical and precise. It is utilized with success within the quality control of dosage form and laboratory analysis.
Cite this article:
Ayush Ravi, Arindam Chatterjee, Rahul Sharma, Siddharth Gaur, Birendra Shrivastava, Parveen Kumar. Development and Validation of Analytical method for estimation of Mometasone furoate in Bulk and Pharmaceutical dosage form using U.V. Spectroscopy. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(7): 3093-3097. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00548.X
1. Thula KC, Gujarati Pooja and Maheshwari Dilip. stability indicating HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of mometasone furoate and formoterol fumarate in combined dosage form, Pharmacophore International research journal. 2014:5(2);219-230.
2. Patel HD and Patel MM. Development and validation of UV spectrophotometric method for simultaneous estimation of terbinafine hydrochloride and mometasone furoate in combined dosage form. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2013:6(1);29-34.
3. Sweetman SC, Martindale-The Complete Drug Reference. Pharmaceutical Press, 2009:36(1);1539-1540.
4. ICH, Q2B. Validation of Analytical Procedures Methodology. International Conference on Harmonization, Geneva. 1996: 6-13.
5. Indian Pharmacopoeia, The Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission, Ghaziabad, Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi. 2010:117-118;1700-1703.
6. Kshirsagar VB, Deokate UA, Bharkad VB and Khadabadi SS. HPTLC method development and validation for the simultaneous estimation of diosgenin and levodopa in marketed formulation. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2008:1(1);36-39.
7. Kotecha RK, Surana AS, Chandewar AV, Nakhat PD and Jogad NP. Analytical Method Development for Phenylpropanolamine Hydrochloride Sustained Release Pellets. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2010:3(2);398-400.
8. Kumar P, Shrivastava B, Gupta MM and Sharma AK. Optimization and preparation of solid lipid nanoparticle incorporated transdermal patch of timolol maleate using factorial design. International Journal of Applied Pharmaceutics.2019:11(6);100-107.
9. Kumar P and Bhutani R. Studies on penetration enhancers in corporated cream of clobetasol-17-propionate: development and in vitro evaluation. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 2013:4(6);2258.
10. Kaushik KN and Banerjee SK. UV Spectrophotometric method development for the determination of domperidone in tablet formulation. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2009:2(4);432-433.
11. Jain NA, Umekar MJ and Lohiya RT. Spectrophotometric Method Development for Determination of Levocloperastine Fendizoate in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosages Form. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2011:4(8);1231-1234.
12. Skoog D A, Holler F J, and Crouch S R. Principles of Instrumental Analysis, Sixth Edition, Canada, Thomson Books, 2007:6(1);367-374.
13. Patel K K and Kulkarni V K. A validated HPTLC method for determination of Nadifloxacin and Mometasone furoate in pharmaceutical solid dosage form. International journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 2010;3(11): 449295, 234-240.
14. Shaikh Kabeer Ahmed and Patil Ashish Tanaji. Stability-Indicating HPLC Method for the Determination of Mometasone Furoate, Oxymetazoline, Phenyl Ethanol and Benzalkonium Chloride in Nasal Spray Solution. Journal of Trace Analysis in Food and Drugs, 2012:1(1),14-21.
15. Patel Heta D and Patel Mehul M. Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric Method for Simultaneous estimation of Terbinafine Hydrochloride and Mometasone Furoate in Combined Dosage Form. Asian J. Research Chem. ISSN 0974-4169, 2013:1(1), 29-34.
16. Sheliya Kinjal, Shah Ketan and Kapupara Pankaj. Development and validation of analytical method for simultaneous estimation of mometasone furoate, hydroquinone and tretinoin in topical formulation by RP-HPLC. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 2014:6(4):934-940.
17. Rakesh SK, Pankaj PS, Amar S and Roy RK. A Simple UV Spectrophotometric Method Development and Validation for Estimation of Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Form. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2012:5(3);336-339.
18. Nanda RK, Gaikwad J and Prakash A. Simultaneous Spectrophotometric Estimation of Tamsulosin in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2009:2(1);63-65.
19. Godse VP, Deodhar MN, Bhosale AV, Sonawane RA, Sakpal PS, Borkar DD and Bafana YS. Simultaneous spectrophotometric estimation of ezetimibe and atorvastatin in pharmaceutical dosage form. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2009:2(1);86-90.
20. Kumar P. Solid lipid nanopartical in corporated cream of clobetasol-17-propionate: development and in-vitro evaluation. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 2018:9(12);5444-5448.
21. Dhabale PN, Jadhav V and Raut C. UV-Spectrophotometric Estimation of Atorvastatin Calcium in Tablet Dosage Form. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2010:3(2);339-341.
22. Singh A and Sharma P. Simultaneous Development and Validation of Analytical Methods for Cleaning Samples Analysis of Gliclazide and Meslamine in Pharmaceutical Industry. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2019:12(6);326-329.
23. Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. Spectra Base; Spectra Base Compound ID=BGgYQj9yMJB Spectra Base Spectrum ID=LVgsAjK6Sqehttp:// spectrabase.com/spectrum/ LVgsAjK6 Sqe?a=SPECTRUM_LVgs AjK6Sqe (accessed Dec 23, 2019).
24. Patel Kalpana G, Shah Pratik M, Shah Purvi A and Gandhi Tejal R. Validated High-Performance Thin-Layer Chromatographic (HPTLC) Method for Simultaneous Determination of Nadifloxacin, Mometasone Furoate and Miconazole Nitrate Cream Using Fractional Factorial Design. Journal of Food and Drug Analysis. 2016:4(1):610-619.
25. Choudhari Vishnu, Phadtare Savita, Gaikwad Hanuman, Salunkhe Rushikesh and Galange Ashish. Development and Validation of RP-HPLC-PDA Method for Estimation of Mometasone Furoate, Salicylic Acid, Methyl Paraben and Propyl Paraben in Combined Topical Formulation by Using Design of Experiment. Journal of Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance. 2015:1(1):38-48.