1. Ratcliffea N A, Melloc C B, Garciaa E S, Buttb T M and Azambujaa P. Insect natural products and process: New treatment for human diseases. Insect Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 2011; 41(10): 747-69.
2. Drago L, de Vecchi E, Nicola L and Gismondo M. In vitro antimicrobial activity of a novel propolis formulation actichelated propolis. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 2007; 103: 1914-1921.
3. Kalia P, Kumar N R and Harjai K. The therapeutic potential of propolis against the damage caused by Salmonella typhimurium in liver of mice: a biochemical and histological study. Archives of Biological Sciences,2015;67(3):807-16. doi:0354-46641500040K.
4. Al- Ani I, Zimmermann S, Reichling J and Wink M. Antimicrobial activities of European propolis collected from various geographic origins alone and in combination with antibiotics. Medicines (Basel), 2018; 5(1): 2.
5. Grimont P A D and Weill F X. Antigenic formulae of the Salmonella serovars, 9th Edn. World Health Organization collaborating centre for reference and research on Salmonella. Institute Pasteur, Paris, France.2007.
6. Chandel D S, Chaudhry R, Dhawan B, Pandey A and Dey A B. Drug-resistant Salmonella enterica serotype Paratyphi A in India. Emerging Infectious Diseases, 2000; 6: 420-421.
7. Gasem M H, Dolmans W M, Keuter M M and Djokomoeljanto R R. Poor food hygiene and housing as risk factors for typhoid fever in Semarang, Indonesia. Tropical Medicine and International Health, 2001;6: 484-90.
8. Chidozie V N and Adoga G I. Potentiating effect of aqueous leaf extract of Anogeissus leiocarpuson Carica papaya aqueous leaf extract and Mangifera indica aqueous stem bark extract - A herbal product used against typhoid fever in Nigeria. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences, 2014; 3(10): 1046-1062.
9. Gillespie, S. H. (2003). Salmonella infections. In: Manson’s tropical diseases. 21st Edn. (G. C. Cook and A. Zumla, eds.) W. B. Saunders/Elsevier, London publs. pp. 937-49.
10. Crump J A, Luby S P and Mintz E D. The global burden of typhoid fever. Bulletin of the World Health Organization, 2004;82: 346-353.
11. WHO, “Food Safety-Food borne diseases and value chain management for food safety,” in Proceedings of the Forging Links between Agriculture and Health, CGIAR on Agriculture and Health Meeting, 2007.
12. Crump J and Mintz E. Global trends in typhoid and paratyphoid Fever. Clinical Infectious Diseases, 2010;50: 241-246.
13. Clark T W, Daneshvar C, Pareek M, Perera N and Stephenson I. Enteric fever in a UK regional infectious diseases unit: A 10 year retrospective review. Journal of Infection, 2010; 60(2): 91-98.
14. Eng S K, Pusparajah P, Ab- Mutalib N S, Ser H, Chand K G and Lee L H. Salmonella: A review on pathogenesis, epidemiology and antibiotic resistance. Frontiers in Life Science, 2015; 8(3): 284–293.
15. Klemm E J, Shakoor S, Page A J, Qamar F N, Judge K, Saeed D K, Wong V K. et al. Emergence of an extensively drug-resistant Salmonella enterica Serovar Typhi clone harboring a promiscuous plasmid encoding resistance to fluoroquinolones and third-generation cephalosporins. mBIO, 2018;doi:10.1128/mBio.00105-18.
16. Adeneya A A, Ajagbonna O P, Adeleke T I and Bello S O. Preliminary toxicity and phytochemical studies of the stem bark aqueous extract of Musanga cecropioides in rats. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2006; 105: 374-379.
17. Promise N, Agomuo E N, Uloneme G C, Egwurugwu J N, Omeh Y N and Nwakwuo G C. Effect of Phyllanthus amarus leaf extract on alterations of haematological parameters in Salmonella typhi infected wistar albino rats. Scientific Research and Essays, 2014; 9(1): 7-12.
18. Kalia P, Kumar N R and Harjai K. Phytochemical screening and antibacterial activity of different extracts of propolis. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biological Research, 2013; 3(6): 219-22.
19. Kakkar K, Sharma S, Asnani P J, Banerjee C K and Sharma B K. Experimental haematogenous pyelonephritis in mice with uropathogenic, enteropathogenic and enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli. Antonie Van Leewenhoek, 1986;52(2): 153-61.
20. Jain N C. Hematologic technique. In: Schalm’s Veterinary hematology. 4th Edn. (Lea and Febiger eds.) Philadelphia publs. pp. 20-86. 1986.
21. Kalia P, Kumar N R and Harjai K. Effect of propolis extract on the haematotoxi-city and histological changes induced by Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium in BALB/c mice. Archives of Biological Sciences, 2016;68(2):385-91 doi:10.2298/AB-S150902030K.
22. Makela P H and Hormaeche C E. Immunity to Salmonella. In: Host response to intracellular pathogens, (S. H. E. Kaufmann, ed.) Austin and Landes publs. pp. 143-66. 1997.
23. Zghair Z R. Histopathological study of Salmonella typhimurium infection in laboratory mice by using the light and electron microscope. Kufa. Journal of Veterinary Medical Sciences, 2012; 3(1): 124-31.
24. Boyanova L, Gergova G, Nikolov R, Derejian S, Lazarova E and Katsarov N. Activity of Bulgarian propolis against 94 Helicobacter pyroli strains in vitro by agar well diffusion, agar dilution and disc diffusion methods. Journal of Medical Microbiology, 2005; 54(5): 481-483.
25. Abro A H, Abdou A M, Gangwani J L, Ustadi A M, Younis N J and Hussaini H S. Hematological and biochemical changes in typhoid fever. Pakistan Journal of Medical Sciences, 2009; 25(2): 166-171.
26. Dangana A, Ajobiewe J and Nuhu A. Haematological changes associated with Salmonella typhi and Salmonella paratyphi in humans. International Journal of Biomedical and Healthcare Science, 2010; 6: 219-222.
27. Kumar K B H and Kuttan R. Chemopreventive activity of an extract of Phyllanthus amarus against cyclophosphamide induced toxicity in mice. Phytomedicine, 2005; 7: 494-500.
28. Lokhandwala A, Athar S and Turrin N P. Role of absolute eosinopenia as marker of enteric fever: experience from a tertiary care hospital in the United Arab Emirates. Ibnosina. Journal of Medical and Biomedical Sciences, 2012; 4(6): 249-53.
29. Haro A, Lopez-Aliaga I, Lisbona F, Barrionueva M, Alferez M J and Campos M S. Benefical effect of pollen and/or propolis on the metabolism of iron, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium in rats with nutritional ferropenic anemia. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 2000; 48: 5715-22.
30. Youdim K A, Shukitt-Hale B, MacKinnon S, Kalt W and Joseph J A. Polyphenolics enhance red blood cell resistance to oxidative stress: In vitro and in vivo. Biochimica Et Biophysica Acta, 2000; 1523: 117-22.
31. Cushnie T T P and Lamb A J. Antimicrobial activity of flavonoids. International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents, 2005; 26: 343-356.
32. Kaur R, Kumar N R and Harjai K. Phytochemical analysis of different extracts of bee pollen. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biological Research, 2013; 4(3): 65-68.
33. Manore D, Pillai S, Joshi A and Punashiya R. Preliminary Phytochemical Screening and Antibacterial Activity of Ethyl Acetate Extract of Cuscuta reflexa Roxb. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology, 2012; 5(1).