1. Tunon MJ, Garcia-Mediavilla MV, Sanchez-Campos S, Gonzalez-Gallego J. Potential of flavonoids as anti-inflammatory agents: modulation of pro-inflammatory gene expression and signal transduction pathways. Current Drug Metabolism.2009,10(3):256–271.
2. Koen B, Ruth V, Guido V, Johannes VS. Induction of cancer cell apoptosis by flavonoids is associated with their ability to inhibit fatty acid synthase activity. Journal of Biological Chemistry.2005, 280(7):5636–5645.
3. Cushnie TPT, Lamb AJ. Antimicrobial activity of flavonoids. International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents.2005, 26(5): 343–356.
4. Cao G, Sofic E, Prior RL. Antioxidant and prooxidant behavior of flavonoids: structure-activity relationships. Free Radical Biology and Medicine.1997, 22(5): 749–760.
5. Wang YD, Zhang Y, Sun B, Leng XW, Li YJ, Ren LQ. Cardioprotective effects of rutin in rats exposed to pirarubicin toxicity. Journal of Asian Natural Product Research. 2018, 20(4):361-373.
6. Mohamed ben S, Alessandra P, Mohamed M, Youssef A, Hervé K, José L. Rutin inhibits proliferation, attenuates superoxide production and decreases adhesion and migration of human cancerous cells. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy. 2016, 84:1972–1978
7. Javed H, Khan MM, Ahmad A, Vaibhav K, Ahmad ME, Khan A, Ashafaq M, Islam F, Siddiqui MS, Safhi MM, Islam F. Rutin prevents cognitive impairments by ameliorating oxidative stress and neuroinflammation in rat model of sporadic dementia of Alzheimer type. Neuroscience. 2012,210:340–352.
8. Ganeshpurkar A, Saluja AK. The Pharmacological Potential of Rutin. Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal. 2017, 25(2):149-164.
9. Tanigawa S, Fujii M, Hou DX. Stabilization of p53 is involved in quercetin-induced cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in HepG2 cells. Bioscience, Biotechnology and Biochemistry. 2008, 72(3):797–804
10. Edwards RL, Lyon T, Litwin SE, Rabovsky A, Symons JD, Jalili T. Quercetin reduces blood pressure in hypertensive subjects. The Journal of Nutrition. 2007, 137(11): 2405–2411.
11. Robert K, Lars V, Martine M, Susanne Z, Marjan JE, Peter YW, Teake K. Anti-inflammatory, anti-proliferative and anti-atherosclerotic effects of quercetin in human in vitro and in vivo models. Atherosclerosis,2011, 218(1):44–52
12. Ahn J, Lee H, Kim S, Park J, Ha T. The anti-obesity effect of quercetin is mediated by the AMPK and MAPK signaling pathways. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 2008, 373(4):545–549.
13. Jung CH, Lee JY Chul Hyung Cho CH, Kim CJ. Anti-asthmatic action of quercetin and rutin in conscious guinea-pigs challenged with aerosolized ovalbumin. Archives of Pharmacal Research. 2007, 30(12): 1599-1607.
14. Tan PV, Dimo T, Dongo E. Effects of methanol, cyclohexane and methylene chloride extracts of Bidens pilosa on various gastric ulcer models in rats. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2000, 73(3): 415–421.
15. Pereira, RL, Ibrahim T, Lucchetti L, Da Silva, AJ, De Moraes VLG. Immunosuppressive and anti-inflammatory effects of methanolic extract and the polyacetylene isolated from Bidenspilosa L. Immunopharmacology. 1999, 43(1): 31–37.
16. Dimo T, Azay J, Tan PV, Pellecuer J, Cros G, Bopelet M, Serrano JJ. Effects of the aqueous and methylene chloride extracts of Bidens pilosa leaf on fructose hypertensive rats. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2001, 76(3): 215–221.
17. Austin DF. Bindweed (Convolvulus arvensis, Convolvulaceae) in North America from medicine to menace. Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 2000, 127(2): 172 -177.
18. Murad W, Ahmad A, Gilani SA, Khan MA. Indigenous knowledge and folk use of medicinal plants by the tribal communities of Hazar Nao Forest, Malakand District, North Pakistan. Journal of Medicinal Plants Research. 2011, 5(7): 1072-1086.
19. James PM. Flora of Eastern Saudi Arabia.
Kegan Paul International Limited, England.1990:pp.29-30.
20. Chen HB, Islam MW, Radhakrishnan R, Wahab SA, Naji MA. Influence of aqueous extract from Neurada procumbens L. on blood pressure of rats. Journal of Ethnopharmacology.2004, 90(2-3): 191-194.
21. International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH) of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use: Harmonised Triplicate Guideline on Validation of Analytical Procedures: Methodology, Recommended for Adoption at Step 4 of the ICH Process on November 1996 by the ICH Steering Committee, IFPMA, Switzerland. 1996.
22. Habib HII, Omar SK, Mohamed HS. Estimation of rutin and ascorbic acid in some Libyan herbal plants by RP-HPLC. Medicinal and Aromatic Plants. 2016, 5(4): 1-4.
23. Luyao W, Qing M, Dingrong W. Simultaneous determination by HPLC of quercetin and kaempferol in three Sedum medicinal plants harvested in different seasons. Journal of Chromatographic Scienc. 2014, 52(4): 334–338.
24. Naveen P, Lingaraju HB, Anitha, Shyam PK. Simultaneous determination of rutin, isoquercetin, and quercetin flavonoids in Nelumbonucifera by high-performance liquid chromatography method. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Investigation. 2017, 7(2): 94–100.
25. Ivan MS, Vesna DN, Ivana MS, Ljubisa BN, Mihajlo ZS. Development and validation of a New RPHPLC method for determination of quercetin in green tea. Journal of Analytical Chemistry. 2013, 68(10): 906-911.