Sambasiva Rao Puram, G Nithya
Sambasiva Rao Puram, G Nithya*
Department of Chemistry, School of Basic Sciences, Vels Institute of Science, Technology and Advanced Studies, Pallavaram, Chennai, India-600117.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 7,
Year - 2020
The objective of the current research work was to develop a sensitive, specific, accurate and precise method for the determination of Colchicine in human plasma using Liquid Chromatography Electron Spray Ionization-Tandem Mass Spectrometry. Extraction was done using solid phase extraction technique. Ammonium Acetate 10mM with Acetonitrile was used as mobile phase with gradient programme of 6 minutes on Innoval, C18, 125mm x 4.6mm, 5µ column. Detection was performed on ESI positive mode using MRM transitions 400.400/358.300 for colchicine and 406.400/362.000 for colchicine D6 (ISTD) on API 4000 coupled with Shimazdu Nexara UPLC. Developed method was found to be selective, specific and the Calibration Curve was found to be linear over the range 0.075 to 10.091ng/mL. Endogenous interferences were separated from the peak of interest. Method validation was conducted as per EMEA guideline and the developed method can be applied to Pharmacokinetic/Bioequivalence studies.
Cite this article:
Sambasiva Rao Puram, G Nithya. Sensitive method for the Determination of Colchicine in human plasma by gradient UPLC-ESI-MS/MS: separation of endogenous Interference. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(7): 3274-3278. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00580.6
1. Available from URL: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colchicine, Accessed on 01 Jul 2019.
2. Abe E, Lemaire-Hurtel AS, Duverneuil C, Etting I, Guillot E, de Mazancourt P, Alvarez JC. A novel LC-ESI-MS-MS method for sensitive quantification of colchicine in human plasma: application to two case reports. J Anal Toxicol. 2006; 30(3):210-5.
3. Jiang Y, Wang J, Wang Y, Li H, Fawcett JP, Gu J. Rapid and sensitive liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method for the quantitation of colchicine in human plasma. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2007; 850(1-2): 564-8.
4. Chen QH, Hou S, Gan LC, Li YB, Song X, Cai Z. Determination of colchicine in mouse plasma by high performance liquid-chromatographic method with UV detection and its application to pharmacokinetic studies. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2007;127(9):1485-90.
5. Jarvie D, Park J, Stewart. Estimation of colchicine in a poisoned patient by using high performance liquid chromatography. Clin Toxicol. 1979;14(4):375-81.
6. Feng Yi et al. Determination of Colchicine in Human Plasma by LC/MS/MS, Clin Toxicol. 1979;14(4):375-81.
7. Available at URL: http:// www.researchgate.net/ publication/ 50238459_ Development_ and_ Validation _of_a_ Rapid_HPLC_Method_for_the_Direct_Determination_of_Colchicine_in_Pharmaceuticals_and_Biological_Fluids.
8. Daneshfar A, Ansari F, Hasanvandi S. Spectrophotometric Determination of Colchicine by Phase Transfer Catalyst. Orient J Chem. 2012;28(1).
9. Surya Prakasarao Kovvasu, Priyanka Kunamaneni , Steven Yeung , Balaji Kodali. determination of colchicine in human plasma by a sensitive lc-ms/ms assay. world journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences. 2018;7(3):35-44
10. Emmanuel Bourgogne, Marion Soichot, Colette Latour, Olivier Laprévote. Rugged and accurate quantitation of colchicine in human plasma to support colchicine poisoning monitoring by using turbulent-flow LC–MS/MS analysis. Bioanalysis. 2013; 5(23).