1. Sickle Cell Anemia - Lab Tests Online. Last modifiedon December 28, 2017.https://labtestsonline.org/conditions/sickle-cell-anemia.
2. Haghshenass M, Ismail-Beigi F, Clegg J B, and Weatherall D J. Mild sickle-cell anaemia in Iran associated with high levels of fetal haemoglobin. Journal of Medical Genetics, 1977, 14, 168-171.
3. Rumaney MB, Ngo Bitoungui VJ, Vorster AA, Ramesar R, Kengne AP, et al. The Co-Inheritance of Alpha-Thalassemia and Sickle Cell Anemia Is Associated with Better Hematological Indices and Lower Consultations Rate in Cameroonian Patients and Could Improve Their Survival. PLoS ONE (2014) 9(6).
4. Mahajan A R, Zade V S, Chede S M and Klukarni K M. Fetal Hemoglobin Level in Sickle Cell Anaemic Individuals of Yavatmal District, Maharashtra, India. BBB 430-436.
5. Mozeleski B M, Al‑Rubaish A, Al‑Ali A, Romero J. Perspective: A Novel Prognostic for Sickle Cell Disease. Saudi Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences. Volume 6, Issue 3; September‑December 2018, 133-136.
6. Olufemi A E, Sola O B, Oluwaseyi B E, Ajani R A, Olusoji M O, Olubunmi H R. Hemoglobin F level in different hemoglobin variants. Korean J Hematol 2011; 46:118-22.
7. Gardner K, Fulford T, Silver N et al. g (HbF): a genetic model of fetal hemoglobin in sickle cell disease. 13 February 2018, Volume 2, Number 3, 235-239.
8. Chede S M, Zade V S, Mahajan A R. HbF status of tribal individuals with sickle cell anemia in Melghat region of Amravati district, Maharashtra, India. International Journal of Development Research, Vol. 4, Issue, 9, pp. 1934-1937, September 2014.
9. Mpalampa L, Ndugwa C M, Ddungu H, Idro R. Foetalhaemoglobin and disease severity in sickle cell anaemia patients in Kampala, Uganda. BMC Blood Disorders 2012, 12:11.
10. Adeodu O.O., Akinlosotu M.A., Adegoke S.A., Oseni S.B.A. Foetalhaemoglobin and disease severity in Nigerian children with sickle cell anaemia. Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis 2017, 9(1).
11. Prehu C, Ducrocq R, Godart C, Riou J, Galacteros F. Determination of HbF levels: The Routine Methods. Hemoglobin 1998, 22;459-467.
12. Diop S, Thiam D, Cisse M, Toure-Fall AO, Fall K, Diakhate L. New results in clinical severity of homozygous sickle cell anemia in Dakar, Senegal. Hematol Cell Ther 1999, 41; 2217-2221.
13. Tshilolo L, Summa V, Gregorj C, Kinsiama C, Bazeboso JA, Avvisati G, et al. Foetalhaemoglobin, erythrocytes containing foetalhaemoglobin, and hematological features in Congolese patients with sickle cell anaemia. Anemia. 2012; 2012: e105349.
14. Isah IZ, Udomah FP, Erhabor O, Aghedo F, Uko EK, Okwesili AN, et al. Foetalhaemoglobin levels in sickle cell disease patients in Sokoto, Nigeria. Br J Med Health Sci. 2013; 1:36-4.
15. El-Hazmi MAF. Clinical and haematological diversity of sickle cell disease in Saudi children. J Trop Pediatr 1992, 38;106-112.
16. Akinsheye I, Alsultan A, Solovieff N, Ngo D, Baldwin C T, Sebastiani P, Chui D HK, and Steinberg M H. Fetal hemoglobin in sickle cell anemia. Blood, 2011; (1)118: 19-27.
17. Falusi AG and Esan GJF. Foetalhaemoglobin in sickle cell anaemia in Nigerians. Afr J Med Sci 1989; 19: 145–149.
18. Kotila TR, Fawole OI, Shokunbi WA. Haemoglobin F and clinical severity of sickle cell anaemia among Nigerian adults. Afr J Med Sci. 2000; 29(3-4):229-31.
19. Olaniyi J.A., Arinola O.G, Odetunde A.B. Foetal Haemoglobin (HbF) Status in Adult Sickle Cell Anaemia Patients in Ibadan, Nigeria. Annals of Ibadan Postgraduate Medicine. Vol.8 No.1 June 2010, 30-33.
20. Platt OS, Brambilla DJ, Rosse WF, et al. Mortality in sickle cell disease. Life expectancy and risk factors for early death. N Engl J Med. 1994; 330(23): 1639-1644.
21. Platt OS, Thorington BD, Brambilla DJ, et al. Pain in sickle cell disease. Rates and risk factors. N Engl J Med. 1991; 325(1):11-16.
22. Saganuwan. The pattern of sickle Cell disease in sickle Cell patients from northwestern nigeria. Clinical Medicine Insights: Therapeutics 2016:8 53–57
23. Shah V, Muley P, Choraria C, Rana P, Kanaria D, Markana A. Clinical and hematological profile of sickle cell disease affected children in rural tertiary level hospital. J PediatrRes.2017; 4(03):204-20835(16F) Vichinsky EP, Neumayr LD, Earles AN, et al. Causes of outcomes of the acute chest syndrome in sickle cell disease. N Engl J Med. 2000; 342:1855–65.
24. Hhawker H, Neilson H, Hayes R. J, Serjeant G. R. Haematological factors associated with avascular necrosis of the femoral head in homozygous sickle cell disease. British Journal of Haematology, 1982, 50, 29-34