Mahesh PG, Raman S.G.
Mahesh PG1*, Raman S.G.2
1Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vels Institute of Science Technology and Advanced Studies, Pallavaram, Chennai 600117.
2Department of Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth Deemed to be University, Puducherry, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 7,
Year - 2020
Aim: Telmisartan is used for treatment of a number of infections including infection of joints and bones, gastroenteritis, malignant obits external, respiratory tract infections, cellulites, urinary tract infections, anthrax, skin structural infections, typhoid fever and it also used in treatment of community acquired pneumonia, chronic bacterial prostitis, nosocomial pneumonia etc. Objective: Difficulty in swallowing (dysphasia) is a common problem of all age groups, especially the elderly and pediatrics, because of physiological changes associated with these groups. Conclusion: In the present work it has been observed from all formulations of Pre compression and post compression studies were given within the limit of values. The in vitro dissolution data, F1 (combination of different super disintegrates) formulation was found that the drug release is best and the cumulative % of drug release was 90.88 % respectively, when compared to other formulation.
Cite this article:
Mahesh PG, Raman S.G. Formulation and Evaluation of Oral Dispersion Tablet of Telmisartan. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(7): 3184-3186. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00563.6
1. Bhowmik. D, Jayakar. B, Kumar. KS. Design and characterization of fast dissolving tablet of telmisartan. International Journal of Pharma Recent Research. 2009;1(1):31- 40.
2. Kalpesh Alai, Thakare VM, Tekade Patil VR. Formulation and evaluation of mouth dissolving tablet by using sublimation technique. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2012;1(3):838-849.
3. Karemore MN, Soor GP, Shyamala Bhaskaran. Formulation and evaluation of fast dissolving tablet of antihypertensive drug. International Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2012; 4(1): 4000-4010.
4. Lokesh. PNV, Abdul Althaf S, Sailaja PB. Design, Development and Formulation of Orodispersible Tablets of a Model Drug Using Response Surface Methodology. Pharmaceutica Analytica Acta. 2012; 3(9):1-15.
5. Mohsin AA, Nimbalakr NE, Sanaullah S, Aejaz A. Formulation and evaluation of mouth dissolving tablets of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride by direct compression technique. International Journal of Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2010; 2(1): 204-210.
6. Rasenack N, Müller BW. Dissolution rate enhancement by in-situ-micronization of poorly water-soluble drugs using a controlled crystallization process. Pharmaceutical Research. 2002; 19(1): 1896-1902.
7. Sammour A, Hammad MA, Megrab NA, Zidan AS. Formulation and Optimization of Mouth Dissolve Tablets Containing Rofecoxib Solid Dispersion. American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists. 2006; 7(2):1-9.
8. Sekhar V, Chellan VR. Immediate release Tablets of Telmisartan Using Superdisintegrants - Formulation, Evaluation and Stability Studies. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin. 2008; 56(2):575-577.