A series of novel phenylhydrazinylidene-pyrazoline (PZ1-PZ8) has been successfully synthesized from (1E,3E)-4-phenyl-1-(2-phenylhydrazinylidene) but-3-en-2-one derivatives by cyclization reaction using hydrazine hydrate in the presence of acetic acid and ethanol as an acid catalyst. All the compounds were characterized by Infrared spectroscopy and confirmed by 1H Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, Mass spectroscopy and elemental analysis. All the compounds have been screened for their antioxidant activity. Most of the compounds showed promising activity and can be used as a potential antioxidant drugs.
Cite this article:
Susmita Basak, K Ishwar Bhat. Synthesis, Characterization and Anti-oxidant Activity of some Novel Pyrazoline derivatives. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2020; 13(7): 3156-3162. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2020.00558.2
1. Kumar KA, Jayaroopa P. Pyrazoles: synthetic strategies and their pharmaceutical applications-an overview. Int J PharmTech Res. 2013;5(4):1473-86.
2. Patel MR, Dodiya BL, Ghetiya RM, Joshi KA, Vekariya PB, Bapodara AH, Joshi HS. Synthesis and antimicrobial evaluation of pyrazoline derivatives. Int. J. Chem Tech Res. 2011;3(2):967-74.
3. Rizvi SU, Siddiqui HL, Johns M, Detorio M, Schinazi RF. Anti-HIV-1 and cytotoxicity studies of piperidyl-thienyl chalcones and their 2-pyrazoline derivatives. Medicinal Chemistry Research. 2012 Nov 1;21(11):3741-9.
4. Sharma PK, Kumar S, Kumar P, Kaushik P, Sharma C, Kaushik D, Aneja KR. Synthesis of 1-(4-aminosulfonylphenyl)-3, 5-diarylpyrazoline derivatives as potent antiinflammatory and antimicrobial agents. Medicinal Chemistry Research. 2012;21(10):2945-54.
5. Gok S, Demet MM, Özdemir A, Turan-Zitouni G. Evaluation of antidepressant-like effect of 2-pyrazoline derivatives. Medicinal chemistry research. 2010;19(1):94-101.
6. Bhoot D, Khunt RC, Parekh HH. Synthesis and biological evaluation of chalcones and acetyl pyrazoline derivatives comprising furan nucleus as an antitubercular agents. Medicinal Chemistry Research. 2012;21(10):3233-9.
7. Singh P, Negi JS, Rawat MS, nee Pant GJ. Synthesis, antiamoebic activity and thermal study of copper complexes of 1-formyl-2-pyrazolines. Journal of thermal analysis and calorimetry. 2013;111(1):549-52.
8. Abdel-Latif NA, Sabry NM, Mohamed AM, Abdulla MM. Synthesis, analgesic, and antiparkinsonian profiles of some pyridine, pyrazoline, and thiopyrimidine derivatives. Monatshefte für Chemie-Chemical Monthly. 2007;138(7):715-24.
9. Alam R, Alam A, Panda AK. Design, synthesis and cytotoxicity evaluation of pyrazolyl pyrazoline and pyrazolyl aminopyrimidine derivatives as potential anticancer agents. Medicinal Chemistry Research. 2018;27(2):560-70.
10. Salgın-Gökşen U, Yabanoğlu-Çiftçi S, Ercan A, Yelekçi K, Uçar G, Gökhan-Kelekçi N. Evaluation of selective human MAO inhibitory activities of some novel pyrazoline derivatives. Journal of Neural Transmission. 2013;120(6):863-73.
11. Jois VH, Kalluraya B, Girisha KS. Synthesis and antioxidant activity study of pyrazoline carrying an arylfuran/arylthiophene moiety. Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society. 2014;79(12):1469-75.
12. Bhatnagar A, Sharma PK, Kumar N, Upadhyay A. Synthesis and in vitro evaluation of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity of 3-[4, 5-dihydro-(5-substituted phenyl)-1H-pyrazol-3-yl]-2H-chromen-2-one derivatives. Pharmaceutical Chemistry Journal. 2012;46(8):482-7.
13. Lone IH, Khan KZ, Fozdar BI. Synthesis, physicochemical properties, antimicrobial and antioxidant studies of pyrazoline derivatives bearing a pyridyl moiety. Medicinal Chemistry Research. 2014;23(1):363-9.
14. Reynolds GA, Van Allan JA. Methylglyoxal-ω-Phenylhydrazone. Organic Syntheses. 1963; 4:633.
15. Prasad YR, Rao AL, Rambabu R. Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some chalcone derivatives. Journal of Chemistry. 2008;5(3):461-6.
16. Kendre MM, Baseer MA. Synthesis and evaluation of some new pyrazoline derivatives as antimicrobial agents. Orient. J. Chem. 2013;29(1):253-6.