1. Ahirwar B, Ram A, Ahirwar D. Air pollution: A major Culprit of asthma. Research J. of Science and Tech. 2009;1(1):1-3.
2. Pukelsheim K, Stoeger T, Kutschke D, Ganguly K, Wjst M. Cytokine profiles in asthma families depend on age and phenotype. PLoS One 2010; 5:e14299. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0014299.
3. Medrek SK, Parulekar AD, Hanania NA. Predictive biomarkers for asthma therapy. Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. 2017;17(10):69.
4. Gaidan AM , Abbas AA , Hassan , Hashim HM , Al-Mayah QS. The Impact of IL-10 C-597A Gene Polymorphisms on Asthma Susceptibility. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2017; 10(9): 2867-2870. DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2017.00505.4
5. Blanchard C, Mingler MK, McBride M, Putnam PE, Collins MH, Chang G, et al. Periostin facilitates eosinophil tissue infiltration in allergic lung and esophageal responses. Mucosal Immunol. 2008; 1:289-96.
6. Takayama G, Arima K, Kanaji T, Toda S, Tanaka H, Shoji S, McKenzie A, Nagai H, Hotokebuchi T, Izuhara. Periostin: A novel component of subepithelial fibrosis of bronchial asthma downstream of IL-4 and IL-13 signals. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 2006; 118: 98-104.
7. Jia G, Erickson RW, Choy DF, Mosesova S, Wu LC, Solberg OD, et al. Periostin is a systemic biomarker of eosinophilic airway inflammation in asthmatic patients. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2012;130(3):647–54.
8. Conway S, Izuhara K, Kudo Y, Litvin J, Markwald R, Ouyang G, Arron J, Holweg C, Kudo A. The role of periostin in tissue remodeling across health and disease. Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences 2014; 71(7): 1279-1288.
9. Corren J, Lemanske R, Hanania N, Korenblat P, Parsey M, Arron J, Harris J, Scheerens H, Wu L, Su Z, Mosesova S, Eisner M, Bohen S, Matthews J. Lebrikizumab treatment in adults with asthma. New England Journal of Medicine 2011; 365; 1088-1098
10. Sidhu S, Yuan S, Innes A, Kerr S, Woodruff P, Hou L, Muller S, Fahy J. Roles of epithelial cell-derived periostin in TGF-β activation, collagen production, and collagen gel elasticity in asthma. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 2010; 107(32): 14170-14175.
11. Woodruff PG, Boushey HA, Douglanov GM, Barker CS, Yang YH, Donnely S, et al. Genome-wide profiling identifies epithelial cell genes associated with asthma and with treatment response to corticosteroids. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2007; 104(40):15858–15863.
12. Woodruff PG, Modrek B, Choy DF, Jia G, Abbas AR, Ellwanger A, et al. T-helper type 2-driven inflammation defines major subpheno¬types of asthma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2009; 180:388-95.
13. Naveen MR, Santhosh YL. Asthma: An Overview.Research J. of Pharm. and Tech. 2011;4(6):883-890.
14. Maurya PR, Joshi YM, Kadam VJ. A review of bronchial asthma. Res J Pharmacol Pharmacodynamics 2013; 5(4); 257-265
15. Yehia A, Badr M, El-Emery F, El-Zahabi M. Clinical significance of periostin in Egyptian asthmatic patients J Invest Biochem 2017; Vol 6 Issue 1.
16. Al-Adawya E R, Gomaaa A A, Mohamedb A M. Correlation between serum periostin biomarker, spirometric airflow limitation, and airway dimensions by multidetector computed tomography in bronchial asthma Egyptian Journal of Bronchology 2018; 12:160–172.
17. Kuhni CE, Sennhauser FH. The Yentl syndrome in childhood asthma: risk factors for undertreatment in Swiss children. Pediatr Pulmonol 1995; 19:156–160.
18. Schatz M and Camargo CA. The relationship of sex to asthma prevalence, health care utilization, and medications in a large managed care organization. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 2003; 91:553–558.
19. Jain R, Ray JM, Pan JH and Brody SL. Sex hormone-dependent regulation of cilia beat frequency in airway epithelium. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 2012; 46(4):446-53.
20. Bondsa RS and Midoro-Horiuti T. Estrogen effects in allergy and asthma. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 2013; 13(1): 92–99.
21. Kausar H, Ubaid-Ur-Rahman M. Working women suffering from various comorbidities- An Overview. Research J. of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics 2013;5(2):126-128.
22. Mokif TA, Hassan AJ, Nabat ZN. Evaluation of some physiological parameters in patients with asthma. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2019; 12 (5): 2425-2429.
23. Amin K, Ekberg-Jansson A, Lofdah CG and Venge P. Relationship between inflammatory cells and structural changes in the lungs of asymptomatic and never smokers: a biopsy study. Thorax 2003; 58(2): 135–142.
24. Lams BE, Sousa AR, John Rees P and Lee TH. Immunopathology of the small-airway submucosa in smokers with and without chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1998; 158:1518–23.
25. Hjellvik V, Tverdal A and Furu K . Body mass index as predictor for asthma: a cohort study of 118,723 males and females Eur Respir J 2010; 35: 1235–1242.
26. Kimura H, Konno S, Makita H, Taniguchi N, Goudarzi H, Shimizu K, Suzuki M, Shijubo N, Shigehara K , Ono J , Izuhara K, Minagawa Y, Nishimura M. Serum periostin is associated with body mass index and allergic rhinitis in healthy and asthmatic subjects Allergology International 67. 2018; 357-363.
27. Kimura H, Konno S, Isada A, Maeda Y, Musashi M, Nishimura M. Contrasting associations of body mass index and measles with asthma and rhinitis in young adults. Allergy Asthma Proc 2015; 36:293-9.
28. Konno S, Hizawa N, Fukutomi Y, Taniguchi N, Kawagishi Y, Okada C, et al. The prevalence of rhinitis and its association with smoking and obesity in a nationwide survey of Japanese adults. Allergy 2012; 67:653-60.
29. Moore WC, Meyers DA, Wenzel SE, Teague WG, Li H, Li X, et al. Identification ofasthma phenotypes using cluster analysis in the Severe Asthma Research Program. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2010; 181:315-23.
30. Haldar P, Pavord ID, Shaw DE, Berry MA, Thomas M, Brightling CE, et al. Cluster analysis and clinical asthma phenotypes. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2008;178: 218-24.
31. Bates JH. Physiological mechanisms of airway hyper responsiveness in obese asthma. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 2016;54:618-23.
32. Farah CS, Salome CM. Asthma and obesity: a known association but unknown mechanism. Respirology 2012;17:412-21.
33. Maheshwari P. Somasundaram I. Health related quality of life measurement in asthma and chronic obstructive disease. Res. J. Pharm. and Tech. 2016; 9(5):518-520.
34. Sweeney J, Patterson CC, Menzies-Gow A, Niven RM, Mansur AH, Bucknall C, et al. Comorbidity in severe asthma requiring systemic corticosteroid therapy: cross-sectional data from the optimum patient care research database and the British Thoracic difficult asthma Registry. Thorax 2016;71:339-46.
35. McNelis JC, Olefsky JM. Macrophages, immunity, and metabolic disease. Immunity 2014;41:36-48.
36. Emprm V, Rajanandh MG , Negeswari AD : Periostin - A Novel Systemic Biomarker for Eosinophilic Airway Inflammation: A Case Control Study Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2016 ; 10(2): OC01-OC04.
37. Inoue T, Akashi K, Watanabe M, Ikeda Y, Ashizuka S, Motoki T, et al. Periostin as a biomarker for the diagnosis of pediatric asthma. Pediatr Allergy Immunol 2016; 27:521-6.
38. Mohammed D R, Abdelnaby AY, El Zamran EA, Ibrahim IS. Role of serum periostin as a biomarker in diagnosis of bronchial asthma The Egyptian Journal of Chest Diseases and Tuberculosis, 2018; Vol. 67 No. 1, January-March.
39. Izuhara K, Arima K, Ohta S, Suzuki S, Inamitsu M, Yamamoto K. Periostin in allergic inflammation. Allergol Int. 2014;63:143-51.
40. Thomson NC, Patel M, Smith AD. Lebrikizumab in the personalized management of asthma. Biologics. 2012;6: 329-35.
41. Vatrella A, Fabozzi I, Calabrese C, Maselli R, Pelaia G. Dupilumab: a novel treatment for asthma. J Asthma Allergy. 2014; 7:123-30.
42. Ramaya A ,Geetha P, Nandhini M ,Manoj Kumar Raja M. the role of leukotriene receptor antagonist as an add on therapy to b2 agonist in acute asthma. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2019; 12(4); 1974-78.
43. Rajanandh MG, Nageswari AD, Irshad PP, Ramasamy C. Does dose reduction of an inhaled corticosteroid with the addition of leukotriene antagonist is clinical significance in asthma patients? A aandomized clinical trial. World Appl Sci J. 2013; 24:276-81.
44. James F, Irene B, Justin T, Kudo S. Serum periostin in obstructive airways disease. Eur Respir J 2016; 47:1383–1391.
45. Jodie L, Simpson S, Ian A. Periostin levels and eosinophilic inflammation in poorly-controlled asthma. BMC Pulm Med 2016; 1:67–72.
46. Makoto H, Junichi O, Kenta A. Association of airway wall thickness with serum periostin in steroid-naive asthma. Allergy Asthma Proc 2016; 44:37–45.
47. Rajanandh MG, Nageswari AD, Ilango K. Assessment of various second-line medications in addition to inhaled corticosteroid in asthma patients: a randomized controlled trial. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2014; 41:509-13.
48. Michael Schatz, Christine A. Sorkness, James T. Li, Philip Marcus, John J. Murray, Robert A. Nathan, Mark Kosinski, Trudy B. Pendergraft, and Priti Jhingran, Asthma Control Test: Reliability, validity, and responsiveness in patients not previously followed by asthma specialists. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2006; 117:549-56.
49. Stephen P, Petersa G, Fergusonb M. Uncontrolled asthma: a review of the prevalence, disease burden and options for treatment. Respir Med 2006; 100:1139–1151.
50. Dolan C, Fraher K, Bleecker E. Design and baseline characteristics of the epidemiology and natural history of asthma: outcomes and treatment regimens (TENOR) study: a large cohort of patients with severe or difficult to treat asthma. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 2014; 92:32–39.
51. Kanemitsu Y, Beasley R, Hurd S, Kudo E. Mepolizumab for prednisone dependent asthma with sputum eosinophilia. N Engl J Med 2009; 360:985–993.
52. Masako M, Hiroki K, Koichi F. Phenotype of asthma related with high serum periostin levels. Allergol Int 2015; 64:175–180.
53. Habernau M, Del Pozo A, Rodríguez V. Role of periostin in uncontrolled asthma. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 2017; 27:291–301.
54. Holt PG, Oliver J, Bilyk N, McMenamin C, McMenamin PG, Kraal G, et al. Downregulation of the antigen presenting cell function(s) of pulmonary dendritic cells in vivo by resident alveolar macrophages. J Exp Med. 1993; 177:397–407.
55. Zasłona Z, Przybranowski S, Wilke C, van Rooijen N, Teitz-Tennenbaum S, Osterholzer JJ, et al. Resident alveolar macrophages suppress, whereas recruited monocytes promote, allergic lung inflammation in murine models of asthma. J Immunol. 2014; 193:4245–53.
56. Lee YG, Jeong JJ, Nyenhuis S, Berdyshev E, Chung S, Ranjan R, et al. Recruited alveolar macrophages, in response to airway epithelial-derived monocyte chemoattractant protein 1/CCl2, regulate airway inflammation and remodeling in allergic asthma. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2015; 52:772–84.
57. Westphalen K, Gusarova GA, Islam MN, Subramanian M, Cohen TS, Prince AS, et al. Sessile alveolar macrophages communicate with alveolar epithelium to modulate immunity. Nature. 2014; 506:503–6.
58. Careau E, Bissonnette EY. Adoptive transfer of alveolar macrophages abrogates bronchial hyperresponsiveness. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2004; 31:22–7.
59. Cherrie AH, Anderson K, Wertz GW, Openshaw PJM. Human cytotoxic T cells stimulated by antigen on dendritic cells recognize the N, SH, F, M, 22K, and 1b proteins of respiratory syncytial virus. J Virol 1992; 66:2102–2110.
60. Masten BJ, Lipscomb MF. Dendritic cells: pulmonary immune regulation and asthma. Monaldi Arch Chest Dis 2000; 55:225–230.
61. Schroeder JT, Bieneman AP, Chichester KL, Hamilton RG, Xiao H, Saini S, et al. Decreases in human dendritic cell-dependent T(H)2-like responses after acute in vivo IgE neutralization. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2010; 125:896–901.
62. Khan SH, Grayson MH. Cross-linking IgE augments human conventional dendritic cell production of CC chemokine ligand 28. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2010; 125:265–7.
63. Al-Zubaidy BS,AL-Mahdawi ZMM,AL-Azaawie AF. Detection of IgE, some Antioxident Parameter levels and their Association with Polymorphism of ADAM33 Genein Asthma Pateints 2019; Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2017; 10(9): 2867-2870.
64. Tiotiu A. Biomarkers in asthma: state of the art. Asthma Res Pract. 2018; 4: 10.
65. Kanemitsu Y, Matsumoto H, Izuhara K, Tohda Y, Kita H, Horiguchi T, et al. Increased periostin associates with greater airflow limita¬tion in patients receiving inhaled corticosteroids. J Allergy Clin Im-munol 2013; 132:305-312.e3.
66. Tajiri T, Matsumoto H, Gon Y, Ito R, Hashimoto S, Izuhara K, et al. Utility of serum periostin and free IgE levels in evaluating responsiveness to omalizumab in patients with severe asthma. Allergy. 2016; 71:1472–1479.
67. Pavithra H. Dave, Preetha. Pathogenesis and Novel drug for treatment of asthma- A review. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2016; 9(9):1519-1523. DOI: 10.5958/0974-360X.2016.00297.3
68. Grayson MH, Feldman S, Prince BT, Patel PJ, Matsui EC, Apter AJ. Advances in asthma in 2017: mechanisms, biologics, and genetics. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2018; 142:1423–1436.